Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2018, 20:42   #226
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
How about Grey? No Grey? Grey was shown in the review videos.
I think that grey is the modern steel metallic as when I search for that colour in google it’s coming up with that shade
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 16:18   #227
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-20180513_141543.jpg

Just took the Amaze Diesel MT out to Lonavla. Brief impressions.

Quite an all-rounder, overall. A big step forward over the outgoing Amaze; just as well as it’s 5 years since the original Amaze was launched. The new Dzire has also raised the bar.

New car has better quality than the old one. Doors shut nicer (although they feel a bit hollow). Interior ambience is nice. Ergonomics are sorted and I was at home within 5 minutes of sitting inside. Part quality is *mostly* satisfactory. However, in some areas, cost cutting is evident. Plugged in my phone charger and the entire plastic panel (on which it’s mounted) flexes big time!! Even the roof molding easily flexes upon pressing. All buttons feel solid & durable.

Good space. Nicer seats (front seats get sweet looking adjustable headrests). Interiors don’t have that wow factor of the Dzire though (flat-bottom steering, fake wooden panels etc.). Even the exterior styling isn’t to my taste; it looks contemporary now, but I find almost all of Honda’s new designs w-e-i-r-d (including the WR-V).

1.5L diesel is a beautiful engine. Outstanding driveability, and feels faster (lighter weight?). Can cross speed-breakers or move from a standstill in 2nd itself. On the expressway too, I didn’t feel the need to downshift to overtake. Incredibly tractability. This engine is a crucial advantage over the Dzire’s outdated 1.3L. It’s at home at low revs, mid-range & high-end (max revs of just ~4,300 though). Doesn’t sound good – although NVH has improved, it’s still got a gruff / rough tone. Vibrations continuously felt on the clutch pedal (proportionate to rpm). Top speed restricted to 140 kmph I believe. Very efficient – I saw a consistent 18 – 20 kmpl.

Gearshift is smooth & slick…..simply terrific to use. Steering is horribly calibrated. Requires some effort at parking speeds – not super light like we expect steerings of this segment to be. Once the speedometer needle climbs up, it has some vagueness to it. Didn’t like the steering. No dead pedal but there’s enough space to the left to rest your foot. Brakes do the job, but at times, brake pedal needs to be pushed more than you would expect (caught me out once in traffic).

Suspension & on-road behavior are neutral. Just as you’d expect of a compact family sedan. Rear isn’t tight; gets bouncy over expressway undulations (reminded me of my Civic). Typical Honda / Hyundai / Maruti.

ICE is satisfactory in terms of SQ & interface (can’t match Ford’s SYNC3 though). Honda’s OEM speakers are better than the competition’s. Annoying trait = you have to press OK and agree to the disclaimer on the head-unit every time you start the car. Air-conditioner is bone-chilling cold.

Really waiting to drive the Diesel CVT which has the potential to be a game-changer in a sea of jerky, unrefined AMT Diesels.

Lots of interest in the car. Wherever I stopped, people came up asking questions. I don’t think it’s going to fight the Dzire for the top spot; however, it will get the Amaze back to the ~5,000 / month level.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2018 at 16:23.
GTO is offline   (52) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 12:40   #228
BHPian

Honda finally seems to have produced a game-changer with the diesel CVT. I spoke to someone who drove the car and according to him, the car is miles and miles ahead of the Dzire AMT and people would surely prefer the CVT any day.
avdhesh15 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 13:14   #229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Honda finally seems to have produced a game-changer with the diesel CVT. I spoke to someone who drove the car and according to him, the car is miles and miles ahead of the Dzire AMT and people would surely prefer the CVT any day.
I have driven the car and completely agree with this. However, do not rule out the possibility of people getting attracted by the lower cost and better FE of the AMT.
Eddy is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 13:43   #230
BHPian

T&Cs regarding the offer for first 20000 bookings (Source: Honda website)

1. First 20,000 bookings, meaning all bookings made from 6th April, 2018 onwards till the 20,000th booking is received, are eligible for a special introductory, subject to delivery being taken by July 31 2018.
2. Only those bookings which have been entered in D’Lite system and are a part of first 20,000 customers will be eligible for the offer. Bookings made on contract sheet and not entered in D’Lite would not be considered for the special introductory offer.
3. Customer needs to finalize the MTOC within 10 days from the day of launch. In case customer’s first choice of MTOC cannot be delivered upto July 31, 2018, customer would be offered an alternative MTOC. In case customer refuses to change MTOC to the one that dealer can deliver by July 31 2018, then he can either take a refund of the booking amount. Or agree to take delivery after July 31, 2018 without the introductory offer.
4. All bookings would be taken by the Dealer. HCIL will not take any booking directly.
5. To avail the special introductory offer Customer should be above the age of 18 and holding valid driving license.
6. To be eligible for special introductory offer booking has to be done by payment of an amount of Rs.21,000/-. In case payment has been made by cheque the same should be duly honored. If the customer opts for the refund of the said amount due to any reason, then HCIL shall refund the amount without any interest payment.
7. Each booking to be supported with customer Id proof (e.g Aadhar Card, PAN card, Driving License, Passport, ration card, election card). For Corporates & Leasing company, letter from their HR head / Purchase order would be considered as valid proof.
8. All deliveries will be made post receiving full payment (On Road Price) of the car.
9. HCIL is not responsible for the Finance, customer to get the same done at his own cost and expense.
10. HCIL reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time.
11. Disputes if any shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Delhi Courts.

What does MTOC stand for?
Nazzy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 13:47   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I have driven the car and completely agree with this. However, do not rule out the possibility of people getting attracted by the lower cost and better FE of the AMT.
Can you pls elaborate teh cost implications of the CVT. Is it from the periodic maintenance you are mentioning AMT is better? real world FE will be more or less the same?
Old 14th May 2018, 14:01   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Can you pls elaborate teh cost implications of the CVT. Is it from the periodic maintenance you are mentioning AMT is better? real world FE will be more or less the same?
Going by the current pricing levels, a CVT commands a Rs 1-1.1 lakh premium whereas the AMT is at about 40-45k over the manual variants. I expect the real time FE to be slightly better in AMT.
Also, don't forget that Honda isn't offering the CVT on top end models so the Dzire will look loaded in comparison.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 14:24   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy View Post
T&Cs regarding the offer for first 20000 bookings (Source: Honda website)

I think it means Model Type Order Color - Basically its final variant, fuel and gearbox choice
anki64 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 14:29   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazzy View Post

Model Type Option Color code

in short - which variant.

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th May 2018 at 14:30.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 14:57   #235
BHPian

Amaze variants from dealer
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-amaze-variants.jpg  

Last edited by navin : 14th May 2018 at 15:49. Reason: duplicate
Nazzy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 15:55   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Attachment 1760362

Good space. Nicer seats (front seats get sweet looking adjustable headrests). Interiors don’t have that wow factor of the Dzire though (flat-bottom steering, fake wooden panels etc.). Even the exterior styling isn’t to my taste; it looks contemporary now, but I find almost all of Honda’s new designs w-e-i-r-d (including the WR-V).

1.5L diesel is a beautiful engine. Outstanding driveability, and feels faster (lighter weight?). Can cross speed-breakers or move from a standstill in 2nd itself. On the expressway too, I didn’t feel the need to downshift to overtake. Incredibly tractability. This engine is a crucial advantage over the Dzire’s outdated 1.3L.
Re-iterating what I mentioned earlier, if there is one single reason why Honda sells is because of I-VTEC. Their designs as you mentioned doesnot look clean or funky. Its looks quite busy/confused(personal opinion). While the interiors look decent, they are far from being on top. The feature list again is not range topping either. Their biggest trump card with Amaze to me is diesel CVT. That said, given the shift towards petrol, will wait and watch if this really helps.

What could be the possible reason behind Honda restricting Amaze/Brio to 140 kmph?
Old 14th May 2018, 16:01   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Going by the current pricing levels, a CVT commands a Rs 1-1.1 lakh premium whereas the AMT is at about 40-45k over the manual variants. I expect the real time FE to be slightly better in AMT.
Also, don't forget that Honda isn't offering the CVT on top end models so the Dzire will look loaded in comparison.
Got it Thank you very much for the time. Yes honda not offering the features ni the top end model is a gripe. I did a final round of comparison and the following are the ones which i could quickly remember from the brochure comparison.

Features Amaze Dzire Ameo
Projector headlamps - X -
Rear AC Vent - X X (highline plus)
Auto Headlamps - X X (highline plus)
Sedan Look X 50:50 -
Touchscreen System in auto - X X( ONly in Diesel HL+)
Reverse Camera in auto - X X
Cruise Control in Auto - - X

Across models another thing is why for Indian market the manufacturers are not giving the interior seat and all customizable. For example the same models outside india we can get standard seats or sports seats, seat colours.

Dzire has been ruled out from our option as only beige interior option and the same with Ameo having full beige interior atleast in Amaze the floor carpet is black. With two children white or beige colour is a nightmare to keep clean. Seats we can live with the seat covers.

But honda could have atleast given the auto and projector headlamps...Touch screen system, reverse camera we can install it outside.
Old 15th May 2018, 18:09   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, D-day tomorrow! Has anyone got a picture of the V/VX with the LED DRLs on? Need to advise someone on V vs S!
Old 16th May 2018, 11:42   #239
BHPian

Honda Amaze launch - Live webcast on Honda Car India's official Facebook page from 12 PM onwards.
Attached Images

nikipedia87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2018, 12:18   #240
BHPian

Ready to be launched..

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-636620692274551831..jpeg
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks