Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2018, 17:48   #286
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Hi any idea of this colour? is this the golden brown metallic..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car's Paradise View Post
Yes it was the golden brown metallic color.
It looks like black in all the pics and videos.
Old 17th May 2018, 18:04   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
It looks like black in all the pics and videos.
No sir. Might look black because of the ambient lighting , but its the golden brown metallic. Honda has not offered the black shade with the new Amaze.

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 17th May 2018 at 18:06.
Car's Paradise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 20:54   #288
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Walk around of the base E-MT variant-

It is much more VFM than the Dzire LXI.
AYP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 21:00   #289
BHPian

Ok i put down the deposit for a Petrol CVT in V variant. I will be doing a TD in june and then will finalise on the same.
Old 17th May 2018, 22:54   #290
BHPian

Thank you all for your prompt feedback and suggestions.

I have decided to drop the Amaze plans as I plan to use the car mainly within the city and frequent down shift would be a nightmare in stop and go traffic. CVT are out of my budget and mileage would never be close to those on the AMT's.

So dzire it is. Gearing up for the delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

I have one question wrt. the NCB accumulated on the car that I am exchanging to buy the dzire. The insurance is part of the deal. However, can I still use the NCB accumulated over to my new car?

a) Does transferring NCB to new car means cancelling insurance? What is the extra liability to the buyer ? (in this case a prospective customer of True Value who would buy my car?)

b) Can the NCB be transferred from the old car which was in my name to the new car which would be in my spouse name?

c) As my delivery is tomorrow, not sure If I would be able to get the NCB certificate from my insurance provider immediately. What would be the alternative? Can I get the certificate at a later point in time and still be able to reap the benefits.

d) As I have exchanged my car from a maruti dealer, there is still no buyer and it would be with true value. It might take over a month for the dealer to find a prospective buyer. In that case, whom should I mention to be the buyer If I have to get the NCB letter from my insurance provider?

Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 22:59   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Thank you all for your prompt feedback and suggestions.
Congratulations

For your NCB queries - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...-premiums.html
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 06:29   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
I also suspect VX CVT models being launched pretty quickly considering the gap is only around 50k from V to VX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Pricing is very much competitive and hope Honda will release the VX or a ZX model with CVT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Now launch the VX CVT Diesel around Diwali and all will be well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Seriously, I really hope they launch the VX CVT. I don't think the prices would have been too outrageous if they had launced even now as well - in fact, I'd call it a missed opportunity. A fully specced petrol CVT for ~8.5 ex-showroom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
Good pricing. I think this pricing leaves room for a VX CVT or maybe even a new ZX variant with LED headlamps, fancier alloys, leather seats etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
I am "Amaze"d by Honda's pricing. If at all they had launched the VX trim with CVT.
Good News folks! Honda Amaze top variant with CVT may be in the works. Honda could consider launching a fully loaded or VX spec on the new Honda Amaze to take on the likes of the top of the line ZDi+ variant on the Maruti Suzuki Dzire.

Speaking to NDTV on the sidelines of the Honda Amaze launch in Delhi, Rajesh Goel, Senior Vice President and Director, Marketing and Sales for Honda Cars India Limited said,
Quote:
"We will definitely consider based on the market requirement. Our current lineup is based on the feedback that we got in the development phase, but if there is a feedback available, we will obviously look at it as we move forward."
Source
Flyer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 09:07   #293
BHPian

Now that I think of in hindsight, IMO Honda deliberately didn’t launch the CVT in top variant initially for the price band of the cars to come across to be very affordable. Generally when there are car launches the media highlights “starts from” and “goes upto” xxx amount. It seems they didn’t want to lose the hype.
cediaowner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 11:32   #294
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Walk around of the base E-MT variant-
Seems Honda has once again failed to provide a joystick inside to adjust the ORVM's, something which is absent even in my 2014 Amaze EX variant!
So to adjust the ORVMs, buyers of the base variant will continue to roll the window down, stretch and move the mirror with your hands!
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 12:27   #295
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Seems Honda has once again failed to provide a joystick inside to adjust the ORVM's, something which is absent even in my 2014 Amaze EX variant!
So to adjust the ORVMs, buyers of the base variant will continue to roll the window down, stretch and move the mirror with your hands!
Thanks for bringing it to my notice. Guess you win some and lose some. It is still better than the Dzire LXI as a package though.
Old 18th May 2018, 12:47   #296
BHPian

The base model is a power packed package. Would make for an excellent buy for someone who's looking for a car with baseline features and reliability. It's def value for money compared to the Dzire base model. Especially since it comes with dual airbags and ABS as standard across variants.

In the video the person said the remote central locking facility is not available in the base model, does that mean there is NO central locking at all? In the sense that the driver side lock would not automatically lock all doors?

Another question I have is that whether stereo systems on the base model need to be purchased or fitted from the company itself in order to not void the warranty?
Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
This is seriously deplorable. Companies should make internally adjustable mirrors standard across all base models. The side view mirrors def look out of place on the base model. All they needed to do was to add a chunkier side view mirror with an internally adjustable joystick. It's such a pain to reach out and keep adjusting the mirrors every day since the car cleaner doesn't care two shits about moving it around.

Last edited by sibot : 18th May 2018 at 12:49.
Old 18th May 2018, 14:19   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is how Amaze stacks up with its peers ( price-wise)

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-ddd1lx6v4aaeqow.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th May 2018 at 01:20. Reason: typo.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 14:30   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

I have to say, the new Amaze has really taken the game forward unlike the old one!

Pricing is spot on, and with a larger trunk, space, etc. - I see bad days ahead for the Xcent (uber favourite), Aspire (except for the diesel S variants), and Ameo. Even segment leader Dzire should see a marginal impact on it's sales figures.

The only competitors I don't see getting impacted as such are the Tigor with its VFM pricing, and the Etios which is priced higher than these rivals and offers a completely different experience (more space, practicality, etc.). Needless to say, they will be impacted in terms of numbers but the buyer segments they're targeting is different from whom the Amaze is targeting so they are relatively safe.

The real game changer though is the diesel CVT with it's fantastic pricing compared to the 1.3L DDIS powered AMT Dzire. Finally a proper diesel automatic in this segment!

A friend has booked the V 1.2 Manual, should be taking delivery early next month - can't wait to get my hands on it!
Can't wait for the TBHP Official review!

Last edited by lamborghini : 18th May 2018 at 14:33.
lamborghini is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 16:05   #299
BHPian

Just got a call from my dealer asking to deposit 5L for the diesel V CVT variant. I had done the pre-booking 3 weeks back. My dealer has promised delivery of the car by month end.

Is this normal practice to request for such a heavy payment of 5L before the vehicle reaches the showroom? Anyone else had similar experience?
Old 18th May 2018, 16:16   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Good News folks! Honda Amaze top variant with CVT may be in the works.
Source

There's a lot of may be might be in the news. I don't think VX auto will come, because it hasn't come yet in Jazz after a number of years. I think the introductory prices will increase by around 50k, because no way Honda will forever quote their prices below comparable Maruti.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks