Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2018, 22:24   #316
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Does anyone have details about accessories available? My sales-rep was totally clueless about the available accessories. However he showed some chrome add-ons without any clue about its pricing. He did mention about armrest for driver similar to the one available in WRV, bit in black colour.
Am keen on the drivers armrest as an accessory. Also am looking for the info on the utility package. Though they mentioned it’s shown only on the chrome pack
Old 20th May 2018, 09:17   #317

Guys, looking to decide between the Jazz Automatic and this new Amaze Automatic. What are your thoughts on which of the two is a better buy? Urban commute mostly (60km daily). My other other car is a 4 year old Duster.
Old 20th May 2018, 10:56   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragpatnaik View Post
Guys, looking to decide between the Jazz Automatic and this new Amaze Automatic. What are your thoughts on which of the two is a better buy? Urban commute mostly (60km daily). My other other car is a 4 year old Duster.
For 60km per day requirement, a diesel CVT makes more sense financially. The difference between Jazz petrol CVT and Amaze diesel CVT is 50k. Even I considered these two for my daily usage of 70 kms, and Amaze diesel made more sense financially when the usage for 5-7 years in considered.
scorpion_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 11:20   #319

Quote:
For 60km per day requirement, a diesel CVT makes more sense financially. The difference between Jazz petrol CVT and Amaze diesel CVT is 50k. Even I considered these two for my daily usage of 70 kms, and Amaze diesel made more sense financially when the usage for 5-7 years in considered.
Not comfortable with the NVH of Honda Diesels. Still. Will consider.

If financial issues was not a consideration, what would you recommend?
Old 20th May 2018, 12:31   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragpatnaik View Post
Not comfortable with the NVH of Honda Diesels. Still. Will consider.

If financial issues was not a consideration, what would you recommend?
As an afterthought why don't you consider Baleno CVT instead? You can easily get Zeta CVT for about 50k less than Jazz CVT, and personally I felt it to be a tad better than Jazz. If vitamin M is not a concern, I would TD Polo GT TSI, Jazz CVT, and Baleno Alpha CVT, and then make a final decision.

I understand your concern about NVH levels, but I observed engine noise inside the cabin in Swift, Dzire, Aspire, and Amaze as well. It seems to be common among all diesel engines, I can't comment much on it since I've been using a petrol engine for the last ten years.

However if only petrol engines were considered, and that too between Amaze petrol and Jazz petrol, I would pick up Amaze. For me, the big boot and the sedan form (pressure from wifey) matters more. If both of them tick all the right boxes, then just follow your heart
scorpion_blore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 14:38   #321
BHPian

Extensively test drove Amaze diesel CVT. I never thought CVT's could be this good. Perfectly mated engine and gearbox combo.Hats off to Honda. NVH is also way improved over the older generation. Ride quality was also great over bad roads.

I was in a dilemma between Amaze and Dzire AMT. Booked Dzire over this solely because Dzires front and rear seat offered noticably better underthigh support, and the car had better interior space.
xjosephjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 18:04   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Booked Dzire over this solely because Dzires front and rear seat offered noticably better underthigh support, and the car had better interior space.
Congrats on the new purchase! Dzire really scores better than Amaze in interiors.
Just curious, did you book Dzire diesel AMT over Amaze CVT?
Old 20th May 2018, 19:54   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the new purchase! Dzire really scores better than Amaze in interiors.
Just curious, did you book Dzire diesel AMT over Amaze CVT?
I'm a little wary of Dzire's beige interiors, looks like to me it'll be a big pain to keep it clean with the amount of dust we have.
Old 20th May 2018, 20:18   #324
BHPian

Hi folks,

Had a chance for a quick look on the 'All New Amaze' this afternoon. Here are some of my postulates.

The existing jack of all and master of refinement & reliability i-vtec motor has been carried forward but with minor refinements. While the outgoing Amaze housed an 1198cc SOHC i-vtec MT & an 1199cc SOHC i-vtec CVT which churned out a peak 88PS/109NM/17.8 kmpl ARAI & 90PS/110NM/18.1 kmpl respectively, the new Amaze houses a common 1199cc which peaks its performance of 90PS/110NM but has an ARAI rating of 19.5 kmpl for MT and 19.0 kmpl for its CVT counterpart.

Its interesting to note that the new Amaze gets almost 35-60 kilos lighter than the outgoing!
  • Yet another bumper-less sub 4m sedan.
  • Dual SRS airbags, ABS + EBD are a standard across all the trims is a welcome. That is the E, S, V & VX.
  • I personally didn't like the 'blunt cut' styling at front as well as the rear. It'll be either a hit or a miss. Honda terms it as 'solid wing face'.
  • The look, feel and finish of the interior and dashboard felt a sub from Honda's standard. The plastic felt hard & its quality felt no different either. Could feel a couple of clicking sounds while closing the dash compartment.
  • Missing noise insulation sheet from under the bonnet(i-vtec), but a rich firewalling. Didn't check it under the i-dtec though.
  • The visible metallic rod of gear stick(MT) would put Honda at shame. This was noticed even in the top VX trim.
  • With all beige tone seats & upholstery, the seat belts are absurdly black colored even in the VX variant. Oh common Honda, can't understand what kind of cost cutting is this? Economies of scale? Eh!
  • Missing map lights even in the VX. Only single cabin light in the middle of the ceiling to lighten up the entire room.
  • The passenger side gets a vanity mirror but doesn't include the flap. May be 10/- saved in this department.
  • Front seats come with adjustable head restraints but rear ones have fixed ones.
  • Up till the V trim, an economy grade audio head unit has been offered(double DIN though), many would be on the look out for an aftermarket replacement IMO.
  • Its on the VX which gets a 7" touch audio HU with navigation & reverse parking camera. Performance & accuracy not checked.
  • The S variant doesn't even get a rear defogger. Huh!
  • Unlike the S CVT, the V CVT gets the paddle shifters as well.
  • What may attract the people is the engine start/stop feature in the V & the VX.
  • Further, what may do wonders is the cruise control being offered in the VX trim, just as what moon-roof did to W-RV.
  • S, V & VX trims get reverse parking sensors. Not a big deal though, but certainly a welcome.
  • Noticed 4 handrails including driver's, but fixed type and do not retract up.
  • The underside of the boot lid exposed all the wiring. No cladding to cover it tidy.
  • No DRLs, but V & VX get front LED position lamps.
  • A meager 35L fuel tank seem to have been carried forward from the outgoing Amaze.
  • A good add-on 20L to the boot space(from the outgoing Amaze) makes it stand out with 420L on offer to swallow all for the weekend getaway.

Cheers!

Last edited by Nohonking : 20th May 2018 at 20:41. Reason: Enriching content
Nohonking is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 20:57   #325
BHPian

Unfortunately the CVT variants get the substandard audio unit. Any of the buyers decided on the HU upgrade? I'm thinking of getting a reverse camera and Android Auto HU.
Old 20th May 2018, 22:03   #326
BHPian

I was thinking about the following HU and JvC quotes a bit high at 30k so need to see other options am not sure but except maps it has android and Apple car play. If the google maps work from phone on this HU then it’s good
http://in.jvc.com/car/av_receiver/kw_v940bwm/
jayakrishnan_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 07:26   #327

Quote:
However if only petrol engines were considered, and that too between Amaze petrol and Jazz petrol, I would pick up Amaze. For me, the big boot and the sedan form (pressure from wifey) matters more. If both of them tick all the right boxes, then just follow your heart
Settled for the Jazz VCVT. Boot wasn't a concern as the Duster is there as a second car. And had a City (trading it in) for over 12 years. So sedan form has no real appeal.

Thanks all
Old 21st May 2018, 10:28   #328
BHPian

Taken the delivery of the dzire yesterday. I know this is not the correct thread to post about. But since I had started a discussion about choosing between the dzire and amaze, thought I will update about my final decision here.

Here is a quick first look of your car. Will come up with detailed test drive, booking, delivery, ownership experience as I get some time.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.s View Post
Thank you all for your prompt feedback and suggestions.

I have decided to drop the Amaze plans as I plan to use the car mainly within the city and frequent down shift would be a nightmare in stop and go traffic. CVT are out of my budget and mileage would never be close to those on the AMT's.

So dzire it is. Gearing up for the delivery tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

I have one question wrt. the NCB accumulated on the car that I am exchanging to buy the dzire. The insurance is part of the deal. However, can I still use the NCB accumulated over to my new car?

a) Does transferring NCB to new car means cancelling insurance? What is the extra liability to the buyer ? (in this case a prospective customer of True Value who would buy my car?)

b) Can the NCB be transferred from the old car which was in my name to the new car which would be in my spouse name?

c) As my delivery is tomorrow, not sure If I would be able to get the NCB certificate from my insurance provider immediately. What would be the alternative? Can I get the certificate at a later point in time and still be able to reap the benefits.

d) As I have exchanged my car from a maruti dealer, there is still no buyer and it would be with true value. It might take over a month for the dealer to find a prospective buyer. In that case, whom should I mention to be the buyer If I have to get the NCB letter from my insurance provider?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20180518-5.30.30-pm.jpeg  

vijay.s is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 13:34   #329
BHPian

Did anyone else have an issue with the handrail positioning? I hit my head twice on to the handrail while getting out of the car, once in the driver seat, and the second time when seated at the rear. It would have helped if there was a provision to close/retract the handrails (even my age old Ritz has the provision to close the handrails).

Would it be feasible to remove this and get an aftermarket installation?
Old 22nd May 2018, 18:21   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Walk around of the base E-MT variant-

It is much more VFM than the Dzire LXI.
Thanks for the video. The base variants looks very good value for money. I cant believe Honda has priced it so well. It under cuts even base variants of so called premium hatches Baleno and i20 which don't even offer 4 power windows

Any idea how reliable are these Honda engines.Like a typical Indian buyer, I am looking for a sub-4 meter sedan. My plan is to keep the car for next 10 years with 23K to 25K KMs of annual run. So at the end of 10 years, i will end up somewhere in 2.25L to 2.5L kms range. Any one has seen 2L+ kms on Honda diesel engines? How reliable are they compared to our 1.3L DDiS national engine?

The other option I am considering is Swift Dzire. However LDI is bare bone compared to the base variant of the Amaze and the VDI doesn't offer any significant features other than music system for close to 80-90K premium over this base variant of amaze

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd May 2018 at 19:01. Reason: Quoting a video hampers readability
recshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks