Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2018, 17:36   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextor View Post
Only problem I faced with my Amaze was re-sale. I had a tough time selling it that too with a big discount. It was driven less than 10k in 2 years & had a perfect condition. So with my experience, I will think twice before buying this car again.
I think poor resale has more to do with the car not being a hit in the market at that time. If a product is good and has good sale figures - I'd expect resale to show that.
Unfortunately the old Amaze was a tinny, built to price car. It did have it's pros, but none of the pros managed to woo buyers as well as the Xcent & Dzire.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 00:24   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Here are all the colours.

Radient red
Attachment 1764968

Modern Steel
Attachment 1764966

Golden Metallic Brown
Attachment 1764969

Lunar Silver
Attachment 1764970

Orchid White Pearl
Attachment 1764967
These colours look way different in reality. Pics of golden brown and red attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img20180530wa0003.jpg  

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img20180530wa0000.jpg  

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img20180530wa0001.jpg  

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-img20180530wa0002.jpg  

kautilya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 10:21   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a couple of new Amaze in Kurnool while driving to Bangalore and back. While one of them was a TD car, the other was a new white car in base model, zipping on the highway. The front end looked like a shark snout while the rear is a near-exact copy of the Volvo S90. I say these as complements and now the car does have some character which was lacking in the previous design. However, the overall design looks a bit old.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 10:42   #364
Senior - BHPian

I noticed in the news paper ad that Honda is claiming 10000km(12 month) service interval. When a friend bought honda city couple of years back this used to be 6 monthly service. Is this only for Amaze or for all Honda cars ?

Car seem to be gathering good interest. Dzire was having a monopoly with over 20K monthly sales and Honda will be more than happy with even a small pie here(7-8K per month)

It will be interesting to know how they can ramp up the production capacity and the service which is bit of a premium compared to that of Maruti.
rajshenoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 10:57   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I noticed in the news paper ad that Honda is claiming 10000km(12 month) service interval. When a friend bought honda city couple of years back this used to be 6 monthly service. Is this only for Amaze or for all Honda cars ?
Honda cars have always had a service interval of 6 months or 10,000 kms, whichever came earlier.

However, with their newer cars (W-RV, Amaze etc) Honda has extended the service interval from 6 months to 12 months (10,000 kms). I think it will be gradually implemented for every car during thier next facelift or model change.

I'm not sure if existing customers will get service interval extensions or is it only for new vehicles.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/finally...ge-6-12-months
Flyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 11:27   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
You can find the service intervals for all HONDA cars below. It does not include new Amaze as it wasn't launched by that time.

HONDA Pro Care packages

Last edited by varunswnt : 30th May 2018 at 11:28.
Old 30th May 2018, 20:00   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
You can find the service intervals for all HONDA cars below. It does not include new Amaze as it wasn't launched by that time.

HONDA Pro Care packages
I think it's only the City that has 5,000 kms or 6 months service interval. I find it very outlandish when most Maruti cars have a service interval of 10k.
Old 30th May 2018, 23:14   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I think it's only the City that has 5,000 kms or 6 months service interval.
No, current CITY has 6months/10,000 kms service interval. Even my 2016 Jazz 1.2 ivtec comes with similar service intervals.

I believe Honda has started providing longer intervals since launch of WR-V, exception being BR-V which had it prior to WR-V for some inexplicable reasons.

Last edited by varunswnt : 30th May 2018 at 23:16.
Old 31st May 2018, 09:15   #369
BHPian

As per the Honda pro care (Cost of Maintenance) site I just checked, for Amaze the service interval appears to be 6months/10k.

https://m.hondacarindia.com/Honda-Se...tOfMaintenance

Not sure if the site is outdated or not.
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 09:58   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
As per the Honda pro care (Cost of Maintenance) site I just checked, for Amaze the service interval appears to be 6months/10k.

https://m.hondacarindia.com/Honda-Se...tOfMaintenance

Not sure if the site is outdated or not.
This may be of the old gen Amaze. They might not have updated the website for the current gen.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 10:04   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
This may be of the old gen Amaze. They might not have updated the website for the current gen.
You are right! There are two options to select from in the vehicle drop down (which I conveniently missed seeing the first time).

There is indeed one Amaze and one New Amaze listed there.
The service interval for old Amaze is 6M/10k and for the new one it is 12Months/10k.

Thanks for the correction Flyer!
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 11:23   #372
BHPian

It is indeed 12 months for the new Amaze which is a welcome move. Saves cost and time. Even the current cars don't really need 6-monthly maintenance but somehow honda prescribed that.
Old 31st May 2018, 11:56   #373
BHPian

In the meantime did anyone test drive a petrol CVT and a diesel CVt back to back and what is the verdict?
Old 31st May 2018, 14:40   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

So I got a chance to drive my friend's new Amaze 1.2 Petrol V Variant, and came away fairly impressed with the car overall.

Note: I haven't driven any of the Amaze's competitors - except the Etios which we own if that counts as competition. Prior to this, I don't even recall the last petrol manual car I've driven recently - probably our old Lancer / friends Octavia 1.8 Rider.
Also, this car was literally one day old and still being run-in, so didn't really get a chance to drive it normally.

Observations as follows:

1) Ride & Handling are fairly decent. A little on the softer side, so it does bob a little on undulations, but in the city the ride is muted and comfortable! Handling too seemed fairly decent and body roll was better contained than the Etios.

2) The clutch and steering are super soft, combined with a slick gearbox are going to make this car very popular as a city car!

3) Headroom and legroom was impressive. I could sit behind myself (6'2") on the passenger side, though the rear headroom was spoilsport with my hair brushing on the headliner (to be fair, I faced the same issue in the Vento / Ciaz / Verna). However for the mass market, the car will be spacious enough!

4) Great NVH, especially compared to the Etios. It's quiet inside, with a powerful AC - no engine noise, no road noise filtering in as such!

5) I personally found the engine a little sluggish with 3 people on board, whilst trying to climb a flyover. But then again, this car was in it's run-in period, barely having covered 150kms when I drove it.

6) The ORVMs are on the smaller side, I could see my friend struggling to see the corners when changing lanes, and I felt similarly as well. For reference, my friend drives an Innova and a SX4 petrol (which was replaced by the Amaze).

7) I wasn't 100% comfortable in the passenger seat. I felt it was a little lacking in underthigh support and the seats will result in a little back pain on long drives due to their softness.

8) The boot, though large for it's segment, is not too deep which IMO could hamper the amount it can carry.

9) Overall interiors, refinement, ambience are a big step up from the earlier Amaze! My only pain point was the window switches which were quite cheap as well as the IRVM - both of which are seemingly better on the Etios. No complaints about the stalks and switches though.

10) Brakes provided decent bite. I was quite comfortable driving the car around, though the Etios brakes when new were a lot sharper. Maybe this will improve after a few more kms, but overall not a deal breaker for sure.

11) The ICE was decent for a stock system, but lacks bass and loudness.

In a nutshell - the car isn't perfect, my biggest grouse being the seats. That being said, the car is brilliant for the city commute and IMO far superior to the Xcent. I haven't driven the new Dzire so cannot comment, and I think the Aspire is a nicer driver's car (I am a little biased here). The Tigor may have better ride and handling, and the Etios is another segment all together in terms of pricing, spaciousness and practicality.
However, for a jack of all trades - this car does very well!

If I were to buy a car for city driving, errands, etc. - this would be my pick from the segment. For highways I'd still pick the Aspire S, and for bad roads the Tiago.
In fact, I wish Honda launches the BRV with these interiors and a diesel CVT which would be the ideal replacement for the Etios.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 15:36   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I personally found the engine a little sluggish with 3 people on board, whilst trying to climb a flyover. But then again, this car was in it's run-in period, barely having covered 150kms when I drove it.
How bad was the lag while climbing the flyover? I TD the diesel CVT with 2 passengers on-board, and I didn't feel any lag. Wondering if the slugging response is just limited to petrol CVT.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed