Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2018, 19:26   #181
BHPian

re: Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Diesel comes with a no step CVT (i.e. no gears) and low ratio mode.
Petrol comes with a 7 step CVT, paddle shifters and no low ratio mode.
I believe there is a low ratio mode available in the Diesel CVT but not in Petrol. Petrol gets paddle shifters.
I remember it being mentioned in some of the youtube reviews posted above.
Old 28th April 2018, 19:57   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Power Drift review :

PowerDrift , Part 2 - Amaze Drive

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th April 2018 at 15:07. Reason: As per request.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 15:06   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
PowerDrift , Part 2 - Amaze Drive
Powerdrift review brings out some interesting details:

1. Petrol engine new piston coatings resulting in lower friction.
2. At idle only one valve can be operational resulting in better refinement and fuel efficiency.
3. The Petrol CVT emulates the manual mode well. It doesn't upshift or downshift on it's own and obeys the paddle shifts.
4. Honda continues it's cheapness, no paint under the hood. Just Primer.
5. Cruise Control makes more sense in CVT models and Honda has thought otherwise.

Diesel CVT combo impresses the reviewer the most.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th April 2018 at 15:19. Reason: Fixing Quote tags
PraNeel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 18:58   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Powerdrift review brings out some interesting details:

5. Cruise Control makes more sense in CVT models and Honda has thought otherwise.

Diesel CVT combo impresses the reviewer the most.
Cruise control does make more sense in an automatic, especially since they allow you to accelerate to cruising speed after slowing down with the touch of a button. But they will make an already expensive car even more expensive and perceptions do matter, especially at launch.

The diesel CVT is down 20HP and 40Nm from the manual, which is a bit disappointing. What the reviewer expected from the diesel CVT is IMHO the reason why he is so impressed. I think his low expectations have made the car sound better than it is. He has made no mention of whether or not the CVT rubber band effect exists, how the lack of paddle shifters affect the gearbox behaviour, if hard acceleration results in annoying revs in the diesel CVT, nor has he mentioned the engine RPM at 80/100kmph.

This is an unreliable review, and while I'm sure this diesel CVT is a better combination than others, I'll wait for a personal test or the TBHP review to finalise my opinion.

Ps. Are there any other diesel+CVT combinations available in India?
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 23:10   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Amaze is limited to 145 kmph. Why Honda why?
That's a Major turn off. Continues from the previous generation and pretty unfortunate as the engine seems willing to go beyond. Which also means, this limit will also continue on other cars that will be based on this new platform (just like before).
Old 30th April 2018, 23:18   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Cruise control does make more sense in an automatic, But they will make an already expensive car even more expensive and perceptions do matter, especially at launch.
The sentiment in public and team bhp members is why not offer the option and leave it to them to buy or not. Maruti has done so, after a while.

Quote:
He has made no mention of whether or not the CVT rubber band effect exists, how the lack of paddle shifters affect the gearbox behaviour, if hard acceleration results in annoying revs in the diesel CVT, nor has he mentioned the engine RPM at 80/100kmph.
There are lot of other reviews which have brought out the aspects mentioned by you, except RPM at certain speeds. There is a reason why Team-Bhp reviews are best

Quote:
Ps. Are there any other diesel+CVT combinations available in India?
No, Honda is the first one to do so and they have done the marriage well. That's what all the reviews have pointed out so far. CVT characteristics like rubber band effect will prevail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
That's a Major turn off. Continues from the previous generation and pretty unfortunate as the engine seems willing to go beyond. Which also means, this limit will also continue on other cars that will be based on this new platform (just like before).
Honda has it's quirky ways to differentiate a product. Missing sixth gear on diesel, LED head lamps, LED tail lamps and speed limit is a way to tell the customer that these belong to City.

Last edited by PraNeel : 30th April 2018 at 23:23.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 09:20   #187
Team-BHP Support

Factory production of the new Amaze -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:41   #188
Senior - BHPian

2nd-gen Honda Amaze production begins

Honda had showcased the second-generation Amaze at the 2018 Auto Expo. The carmaker has now commenced the production of the new Amaze at its Tapukara plant in Rajasthan. The car is set to be launched on May 16, 2018.

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-5.-vehicle-quality-low.jpg

The new Amaze is based on an all-new platform. It features completely new exteriors with a chrome grille in the front flanked by wraparound headlights with integrated L-shaped LED DRLs. The front bumper is also new and houses circular fog lamps. The rear end has also been redesigned and now features a new boot lid and tail lamp clusters. On the inside, the new Amaze gets a new dashboard with a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system in the centre and a 3-spoke multi-functional steering wheel.

Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-2.-weld-low.jpg

The second-gen Honda Amaze will be offered in 4 variants - E, S, V and VX. Customers will get a choice of two engines - a 1.2-litre, petrol with 89 BHP and 110 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel with 99 BHP and 200 Nm of torque. Both engines will be available with either a 5-speed manual or CVT. The diesel CVT variant gets the same 1.5-litre engine that is tuned to produce 79 BHP and 160 Nm of torque.

Honda will be announcing the pricing later this month. However, according to Rajesh Goel, Sr. Vice President and Director, Honda Cars India Ltd., the new Amaze will be offered at an introductory price to the first 20,000 customers.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 13:44   #189
BHPian

Hi apart from the digipad what the V model will be loosing out with VX as we are looking for a petrol CVT which comes in only V model as per the previous posts.

Thanks in advance
Old 3rd May 2018, 15:12   #190
BHPian

Its after a loooong time that people are looking forward a new Honda launch, isn't it? I think the last time there was a bit of an excitement about a Honda was the 2008 City (nostalgia note- Remember the team-bhp nomenclature of Citys as OHC, NHC and ANHC )

As long as Honda sticks to the existing prices, I believe this will do very, very well. Keep it less than 30-50k more than Dzire, and people will be ok, seduced by the Honda badge. Any higher and people will realise that Dzire itself is a very competent product

Last edited by Vitalstatistiks : 3rd May 2018 at 15:13.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 21:49   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

The front end is going to make or break the Amaze. Everyone else is going swoopy and bug-eyed but the Amaze is unique! Reminds me of the Passat from some angles :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs-images.jpeg  

itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2018, 23:11   #192
Senior - BHPian

Honda has consistently given each gen 1 car of every model it sells, a big thick ugly chrome strip on the front grill which has vanished in the gen 2 face lift of that model. So I expect the Amaze facelift to also lose the thick strip in favour of a thinner strip. This now a tried and tested and expected Honda facelift formula but quite unimaginative IMHO.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 07:59   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakrishnan_v View Post
Hi apart from the digipad what the V model will be loosing out with VX as we are looking for a petrol CVT which comes in only V model as per the previous posts.

Thanks in advance
You are in the same boat as me. I've pre-booked a diesel CVT V variant.

My dealer mentioned that the V model might miss cruise control, Digipad, reverse parking camera. It looks this is deliberately done to keep the cost down and keep it close to equivalent model of Dzire (ZDI for diesel, VDI for petrol).
scorpion_blore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 09:06   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quick question for people already booked the new Amaze by paying the 21k:

A relative of mine has booked one, but has only received a receipt from the dealer + a pro-forma invoice quoting Re. 1 as the price of the car. He has not received any formal tracking number from Honda per se.

Is this normal for Honda India or is he being conned?
Old 4th May 2018, 10:54   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Quick question for people already booked the new Amaze by paying the 21k:

A relative of mine has booked one, but has only received a receipt from the dealer + a pro-forma invoice quoting Re. 1 as the price of the car. He has not received any formal tracking number from Honda per se.

Is this normal for Honda India or is he being conned?
Don't think you need to worry about this - they won't con your relative - please keep the receipt safe though. I don't remember any formal tracking number for my City booking.
quadmaniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks