Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 13:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra @ Auto Expo 2018

Was there anu mention of U321 MPV?
Old 13th February 2018, 17:50   #32
BHPian

No signs of the new models coming from Mahindra like the MPV or TUV 300 PLUS or the new SUV which will Tivoli based. Any idea why they are not shown here?
Old 14th February 2018, 13:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Q View Post
Loved the Stinger. I would buy one...like right now. I think it's a step in the right direction.
I am surprised to even read anyone liking the Stinger. I am disappointed by Mahindra's team when it comes to creativity. When they bought out XUV 5OO, I felt the company is moving in the right direction.

But alas, after that all that Mahindra seemed to produce is ugly copy paste versions of their existing designs. The Stinger looked again a lazy attempt to produce a convertible.

The new XUV 5OO has lost its charm in my opinion when it comes to looks.
I don't know what Mahindra did with their team that designed the XUV.
Were they moved to something else, did they leave or did they luck out in the design of XUV seems to be the question these days.
Frankly, lot more is expected from Mahindra's. Heck Maruti seems to be doing a better job in creativity
Old 15th February 2018, 14:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post

TUV 300 Stinger Concept
IMHO, the Stinger would be the best looking of the TUV siblings.

If Mahindra is really interested, they could offer it as lifestyle vehicle like the Thar.

Maybe as a soft top or something like the Renegade, with removable roof panels.

I tried to PS something, maybe if Mahindra does push it for production, it might have more than a few takers.

Donor Image: Link
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra @ Auto Expo 2018-mahindra-stinger-canvas-top-1024.jpg  

Mahindra @ Auto Expo 2018-mahindra-stinger-hardtop-1024.jpg  

Mahindra @ Auto Expo 2018-mahindra-stinger-hardtop-contrast-roof-1024.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 21:21   #35
BANNED

Received this in the Autocar newsletter - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...kly_newsletter.

I felt Mr. Woolley has outlined the way-ahead quite lucidly. This whole Li-air technology had been a buzz-word for me till now. Now the scale of the technology is a little less foggy, thanks to the above!

But as in every field today, mfrs are racing against time to stay in the game. And M&M too, must be quick on their feet - one can no longer afford to have large windows between concept and showroom!

I have always stood in the domestic majors' corner (M&M and TML) and TML has already shown their new found capabilities with the slew of new models they have launched recently. Its really up to M&M now to deliver some worthwhile products. And no, not of the KUV100 kind!

Last edited by shashanka : 19th February 2018 at 21:26.
Old 20th February 2018, 10:57   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra outlines their future strategy:

- an all-new 2.0L mHawk diesel which will meet BS-VI emission norms
- slow-sellers to be axed over the next 24 months - end of the road for the Xylo, NuvoSport & Verito?
- tapping into new segments with the upcoming U321 MPV and the S201 compact SUV.

Quote:
Pawan Goenka, managing director, Mahindra & Mahindra, said: “We have to meet BS-VI in all of our products. We have already made a decision on dropping some products when we go to BS-VI, (which are) low volume products. And we have to invest in all the safety regulations that are coming in and therefore there is no letting up of investment in those areas.”

M&M will launch a brand new 2-litre engine which promises to be lighter, more fuel efficient and more refined in terms of noise than the current engine. This new engine will meet BS-VI emission norms which will be rolled out on April 1, 2020 across India.

Goenka added that most of its products already meet the crash safety norms that is in place since October 1, 2017 (for new vehicles). “On the crash safety norms, the only product which does not have airbags and ABS in any of the variants is Bolero, and we are working on that right now. That is the only one we will have to upgrade to meet the new crash and safety norms which now comes in July 2019 rather than October 2019 and as of now we do not see any issue in that."
Money Control
Old 20th February 2018, 12:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Mahindra outlines their future strategy:

- an all-new 2.0L mHawk diesel which will meet BS-VI emission norms
- slow-sellers to be axed over the next 24 months - end of the road for the Xylo, NuvoSport & Verito?
- tapping into new segments with the upcoming U321 MPV and the S201 compact SUV.

Money Control
One error in Mr. Goenka's statement. Even Thar doesn't feature Airbags
Old 20th February 2018, 14:33   #38
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
One error in Mr. Goenka's statement. Even Thar doesn't feature Airbags
I guess they are either planning to phase out Thar so don't need to upgrade / mention it OR see revised Thar and Bolero as the same platform that needs to be upgraded together.

Last edited by ACM : 20th February 2018 at 14:34.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks