Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2018, 18:41   #16
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Wow! Absolute stunner, no wonder H5X is a showstopper at the Expo. It has set a new benchmark with infotainment system in the backseat, recess in front seat, touchpad in rear seat, 22 inch rims, design, etc. Only if they get the pricing right and upgrade the service center network for premium vehicles like Maruti Nexa, Tata will be a serious contender in the premium vehicle market. Way to go!
grkonweb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 18:47   #17
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

The rear console and the interiors are drool worthy. I want to go against the tide here. I won't mind if Tata price this along side Compass if they can keep the design and features as aspirational as in the concept. This, if executed right has the potential to turn Tata's image upside down.
octane_100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 19:26   #18
BHPian

Brilliant brilliant design from Tata!!! They have come a long way from the days of Sumo and Indica to this H5X. However, I expect production version to be toned down a lot especially in the interiors section given that certain elements like captain seats, ICE in the backseat, all touchscreen and no buttons in the front are from cars at least 2-3 segment higher. Also, they would be cautious of pricing as they would not want another Aria (this was also a car ahead of its time) like episode to repeat. My only criticism would be the small rear windshield (or may be I used to a glass-house like Manza ). All in all, a very good effort. Waiting impatiently for the final product to replace my current steed!
mahesh_sn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 19:41   #19
BHPian

I have started planning on how to get it to my garage . Some amazing futuristic design by TATA. Please just put correct pricing tag on it and don't trim the shown design and features by a lot.
vineet1712 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 19:48   #20
BHPian

Have hated every Tata vehicle ever produced. Well, that ends now. Whether it’s the technology from JLR or from Tata Motors India itself, I’d say it’s a spectacular piece of engineering. The exteriors wow you until you get inside; that is on next level itself.

Kinda makes the entry level luxury cars like Fortuner or even Evoque redundant. I hope the quality is top notch, the engine wicked and the pricing sensible.

And then, I’ll be the first in line to book it.
The Brutailer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 19:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

But then - its just too early to speak prices. The concept is too early in its lifecycle for us to really place it against competition.
That is the real problem. Tata Motors takes so, so long to convert showcased concepts to product on the road that the freshness of aspirational design is dimmed. They did that to the Nexon. I hope they don't do it to HSX/H5X.

If Tata Motors need 3 years to test and bring it to the market, they should showcase it at the Auto Expo only in the year of proposed launch. The competition is not going to be sitting idle in the meantime.
guptad42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 20:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
But then - its just too early to speak prices. The concept is too early in its lifecycle for us to really place it against competition.
Correct. What we see here is just the concept.

How many of these features and styling elements make it to production remains to be seen. We can at least judge the price of the product only after the production version is unveiled. But don't you worry my friend ! By the time it is launched, many people would have slotted it price wise against a wide range of cars starting from Altos to Fortuners in the name of "wishes and day dreams" or even have a analysis that says "Being a Tata, this should be priced less than 10L to succeed". And then we will also see a few who put the same image in MS Paint, elongate it and then upload it here asking something like "how many likes do I get for this?" !

Last edited by DieselAddikt : 8th February 2018 at 20:30.
DieselAddikt is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 20:41   #23
BHPian

Stunned with the design and features, If even 90% of it make it to production car and TATA manages the quality, no other car in this category comes even nearby. Creta and even Kia concept looks so much outdated with this. Eagerly waiting to see the car on road.
Anuruddhs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 20:57   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Comparing the H5X concept pics from the Auto Expo with the spyshots scooped by ACI & Rush Lane, you can already make out quite a few differences:

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-c1.jpgTata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-c2.jpg

Namely - front bumper and air dam sections, headlamp section, front grille, ORVMs, window lines, C-Pillar, rear quarter glass, etc.

Overall silhouette is almost the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Overall, with the size, right engine (Fiat 2.0 Multijet? @Ravenavi??), a quirky design (That's what people need now - else they will reject it as a 'Tata car') and right price - this thing has the potential to slay a Compass and higher trims of Creta in one go.
Fiat's 2.0L MJD II putting out 140PS.
RavenAvi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 21:04   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
That is the real problem. Tata Motors takes so, so long to convert showcased concepts to product on the road that the freshness of aspirational design is dimmed. They did that to the Nexon. I hope they don't do it to HSX/H5X. .
Atleast they are getting the QC right. Thats better than launching something fast and getting a bad reputation out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Comparing the H5X concept pics from the Auto Expo with the spyshots scooped by ACI & Rush Lane, you can already make out quite a few differences:
The roofline and the extra space at the rear makes me feel that the version on test is the seven seater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
By the time it is launched, many people would have slotted it price wise against a wide range of cars starting from Altos to Fortuners in the name of "wishes and day dreams" or even have a analysis that says "Being a Tata, this should be priced less than 10L to succeed".
Market realities are sometimes harsh when mentioned directly. Good to see TATA has got it bang right as per some of these earlier predictions though, which initially sounded atrocious to some.

By the way, "Being a TATA" might become a thing of the past by 2020. TATA Motors (and TVS) were certainly the stars among the Indian mass market brands at the 2018 Expo and the results of these should reflect very positively by 2020.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th February 2018 at 21:18.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 22:12   #26
VVP

WOW! what a design. Its there for you to find some new TATA traits (Nexonish rear) also in the design language, with all the extra creases etc. As its mentioned here, the best SUV design in a long time. if 80% of this behemoth's design makes it into production, i dont find much difference than in interior bits and headlamps, along with the much visible grill change, thats visible in the test mule pics. Hope and wish that TATA doesnt repeat a Nexonish time lag in bringing it out, praying for the 2019 release. I genuinely think that people for sure will start thinking this vehicle as a real buying option rather than discarding it saying its a TATA. TATA doesnt fall into that discardable category anymore after Tigor, Tiago, Hexa and THE NEXON. And for once, I feel TATA should have the luxury to put an apt price, not an introductory one.
VVP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 22:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
The roofline and the extra space at the rear makes me feel that the version on test is the seven seater.
I think so too. But it could also be that they are not planning to have that "coupe-styled" roof line in the production version which could be a good thing as far as rear visibility and headroom is concerned. The silhouette of the concept displayed and that of the test mules are a little different. None of them looks bad or disproportionate or over done. So I am excited to see what the final product would look like.

I see a lot of young people showing interest in the new Tata models (regardless of whether they buy it or not). And these are exactly the kind of people that the 2020 (and beyond) car market would consist of. So they are on the right track.

And I really want them to succeed because that will make other manufacturers sell their cars at decent prices. Right now some cars in the market are grossly overpriced. Yes, some blame high imported content. But they will find a way to make those parts locally and keep the costs low if they have decent competition in the domestic market. I think I am going off-topic. Apologies.
DieselAddikt is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 22:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

In all the excitement of attractive design, did anyone notice 2 air vents are missing/ not visible, that's usually in the centre of the dashboard console?

where is it?
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-12.jpg

And there is another problem that Tata has bought onto itself now, I feel. They've shown an extremely radical, aspirational design and when they finally launch the production version in Q1 next year, should it not be the same sharp & futuristic design, the enthusiasts and prospects are likely to be immensely disappointed. I doubt after seeing a design this rad(ical), rounded corners and edges would be easy to accept/ digest later.

In one of the media bytes, when Pratap Bose said 80-85% of the concept design would be maintained, I hope the exterior largely would and at least the front part of the interiors, including the front seat rear screens would be retained. They contribute to the overall feel and experience of the impact design 2.0.

Last edited by k_ajay : 8th February 2018 at 22:57. Reason: Additional information..
k_ajay is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 23:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
In all the excitement of attractive design, did anyone notice 2 air vents are missing/ not visible, that's usually in the centre of the dashboard console?

where is it?
Attachment 1727687
I guess it’s the slit below the touch screen type climate control panel (between the wooden and silver components).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-c17a4ab5f6db42f6933e2cc2c1a40fee.jpeg  

Last edited by The Brutailer : 8th February 2018 at 23:04.
The Brutailer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 23:05   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
but if the final design will be like the spy-shots indicate, then it's going to be 2 steps back . The design that's been shown in Auto-Expo has caused expectations shoot sky-wards. The spy shots show a pretty dull design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
They've shown an extremely radical, aspirational design and when they finally launch the production version in Q1 next year, should it not be the same sharp & futuristic design, ... (will) be immensely disappointed. I doubt after seeing a design this rad(ical), rounded corners and edges would be easy to accept/ digest later.

In one of the media bytes, when Pratap Bose said 80-85% of the concept design would be maintained, I hope the exterior largely would ....
exactly ! IMO, Even if the interiors are not what we see here, the Exterior must not deviate from what we have been shown.

Last edited by condor : 8th February 2018 at 23:08.
condor is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks