Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2018, 00:21   #31
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Excellent car. Now everyone will want it at Creta pricing :-)

At a targeted 2019 launch (?) I hope this comes in at current Compass pricing.
Yeah, that is right, the expectation will be very low.

However, considering H5X and H7X, I guess, this will be slotted below Hexa and H7X will be slotted above Hexa. Or, if the launch is in 2019, then this will get the current Hexa pricing, Hexa will move a notch up & H7X will slot even higher. Having said that, looking at the interiors, I will not be surprised if this will be slotted above Hexa and Hexa carries the current price even an year down the lane.

Why I feel this will slot below Hexa is - from rear, it resembles a grown up Nexon. Or is it just me who feels so?

Or will Tata serve a googly and term this Safari? Even if this doesn't have any genes of it.
Jakku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 00:31   #32
Team-BHP Support

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
Or will Tata serve a googly and term this Safari? Even if this doesn't have any genes of it.
Considering the JLR platform - this new SUV would be offroad capable as well.

Brand Safari is the best nameplate they have built over the years - even though sales were less. Hope they bring it back - atleast on the 7 seater variant.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 01:22   #33
BHPian

The concept car looks good but a bit overdone styling for my liking!
I hope the production version to be a little toned down and all those touch button in interiors to be replaced with physical switches.
Touch buttons can never be same as physical switches in terms of tactile feedback.
Naveen_0181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 02:06   #34
BHPian

Can I ask if I'm alone in finding an undercurrent similarity in the Lamborghini Urus especially in that striking shade of orange?
Those first few images, with the squat body, exaggerated wheel arches, high belt line and long bonnet with slim headlights just seemed to me like a take on the Lambo SUV. Though from the rear 3/4 I do get the elongated bodyline impression of the Velar.

Nonetheless this is a very polished concept. I certainly found the interiors of note. It seems a natural progression of the current language and excellent integration of materials. Very intrigued by the use of jute. I wonder how it would perform in day to day use, once the initial gimmick wears off. And have to say I was very impressed with not only the mechanical centre console in the rear but the nifty front passenger panel trick.

Tata would do well to get this to market sharpish, staying as true to the concept as possible. It'll be brave and will polarise but it'll be the final nail in the coffin of those accusing the brand of design malaise. Go big or go home.
ads11 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 06:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveen_0181 View Post
The concept car looks good but a bit overdone styling for my liking!
I hope the production version to be a little toned down and all those touch button in interiors to be replaced with physical switches.
Touch buttons can never be same as physical switches in terms of tactile feedback.
+1. Looks bloated with those tiny tiny windows.
This however is a commendable effort from Tata and wish they would work on rebranding of such premium products to overcome the brand association with fleet cars.
vroomsome is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 08:11   #36
BHPian

Wow! This is super exciting! Awesome design, I'm loving every corner of it - that grill design and it's theme throughout is so cool. Those fold-able sidesteps are superb and the way they integrate with the body-design. Everything is so cool from the rotary gear selector to the aircon vents. Way to go Tata, I just hope and pray that it gets into production with the maximum of everything we see in this one (and is niggle-free). Fingers crossed! Pls. don't disappoint Tata please!! Cheers.
anup.bronco is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 08:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

I hope the design would be a little cleaner on the production version. Similar to the Kia SP concept (?). If you look at landrover designs they are clean yet elegant without too many sharp edges. SUVs should be little rounded like muscles
srishiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 10:00   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Big shoutout to Vid6639 for shooting these pictures and videos & his coverage of the Auto Expo. Thanks for sharing, man!
Tata Motors has showcased the H5X Concept at the 2018 Auto Expo. The vehicle provides a glimpse of the design language and technology that we will get to see in......
Finally and at last, TML comes very formidably into its own! The H5X (and the 45X elsewhere in the thread) are a clarion call and give clear notice that the new TML is here - and how!

Many of us were left wondering when the domestic major would start showing its post-JLR capabilities. No doubt the integration and assimilation of the huge JLR kitty into the TML fold (keeping in mind the long JLR legacy, stretching back to the Swallow Sports era of the '30s and Land Rover's start-up in 1947-48) would have been an intricate and delicate exercise. But as the saying goes, 'All's well that ends well'!

It seems just the other day that I was regretting that while TML was floundering in the doldrums, M&M seemed to be having a field day! Well, no longer! - TML has very definitely shaken off its dowdy & limp image. Its new avatar is music to the eyes & the mind as well!
shashanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 10:09   #39
BHPian

Many thanks Vid6639 & Aditya, for the excellent Coverage & write up of the Auto Expo. Especially the Tata section.

Loved the H5X, Hexa was always in the radar for somewhere in 2019; but I guess can take a back seat till H5X comes on road.
An extract from Today's Times of India. As predicted the price of H5X as 15+ Lacs. But Petrol!! No Diesel Variant, is that correct??

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1image.jpg

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 9th February 2018 at 10:13.
saurabh2711 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 10:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

This is one eye popping concept. The vehicle has the potential to completely redo the image of TATA towards positive, if they launches this (even a watered-down version).

Kudos to both the design team and our boys who snapped the pics.

My 12-year old son commented that the car looks like the spaceship in the hollywood flick, Passengers.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 11:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car in the flesh at the Expo.

Dimension wise its comparable to the XUV500. Was more appealing than the Fortuner to me.

Certainly has the potential to eat away Creta/XUV500/Duster/Compass customers.
payeng is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 11:39   #42
BHPian

According to Tata Motors the production version will be 80-85% similar to the concept. Which I guess they will, as they did it in the case of Tiagor and Nexon.

This one already sold on me. All the best Tata Motors!

Last edited by bageherath : 9th February 2018 at 11:41.
bageherath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 14:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
According to Tata Motors the production version will be 80-85% similar to the concept. Which I guess they will, as they did it in the case of Tiagor and Nexon.

This one already sold on me. All the best Tata Motors!
And considering the production version will be toned down a bit which will look better than concept. Concepts are generally flashy and catchy.

Nexon has come up really well from concept to production, remaining true to concept; unlike Suzuki XA1 to Brezza.
sushantr5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 14:52   #44
BHPian

Not always it takes long time to convert a prototype to production. Tata Hexa is an example. It was showcased in 2016 Auto Expo (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...po-2016-a.html) and hit the roads in Jan 2017. Time to market is critical and I'm sure the folks at Tata Motors is well aware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptad42 View Post
That is the real problem. Tata Motors takes so, so long to convert showcased concepts to product on the road that the freshness of aspirational design is dimmed. They did that to the Nexon. I hope they don't do it to HSX/H5X.

If Tata Motors need 3 years to test and bring it to the market, they should showcase it at the Auto Expo only in the year of proposed launch. The competition is not going to be sitting idle in the meantime.
grkonweb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 15:52   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkonweb View Post
Not always it takes long time to convert a prototype to production. Tata Hexa is an example. It was showcased in 2016 Auto Expo
Tata Hexa was displayed in Mar 2015 Geneva auto show. Not sure if it has been displayed prior to that.
Holyghost is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed