Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2018, 17:41   #2026
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
So, looks like they do know which gearbox it's going to be. Good to know that it's a matter of time for the automatic variant to be available.
The Hyundai sourced 6 speed torque converter from the Elantra/Tuscon is the one that will be available on the Harrier. This was revealed a few month before the bookings opened.
I would have loved to know a timeframe but if I can hazard a guess, Tata may launch it around the 2019 festive season.
Old 5th December 2018, 17:42   #2027
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
So, looks like they do know which gearbox it's going to be. Good to know that it's a matter of time for the automatic variant to be available.
The autobox to be used in Harrier is already known, it is a 6 speed auto being sourced from Hyundai. But it was mentioned by some auto magazine (think it was ACI) that there were some procurement delays due to which they are not launching it right now. If you go a few pages back in this thread you would see the mention of the same.
Old 5th December 2018, 17:42   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Syed S for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Tata Motors has responded to a tweet shedding more light on the launch of the automatic variant:
Attachment 1825156
That settles the AT thing for now I guess. They'd have come up with AT eventually but the question is: where in the lifecycle will that come to life - 6 months down the line, 1 year or more than that
Old 5th December 2018, 18:54   #2029
BHPian

One thing I appreciate TATA since the last few launches is keeping the vehicle close to the concept that they display in the Auto Expos; look at Nexon and now the Harrier. I have not seen any other auto manufacturers in India doing it. I always recall the A-star, kizashi concepts that were displayed by Suzuki and what the end product resulted in. AT at launch would have been nice for us city dwellers that too in cities like Bengaluru. There is a bigger market for manuals which they are addressing right now and they will add AT to the arsenal pretty soon. The delayed AT launch would give all the prospective AT buyers to know about how the market has responded to the manual version and also TATA would have ironed out any niggles (if any) which may crop in the initial batches.
Madhu_Bengaluru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 18:59   #2030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutlander View Post
That settles the AT thing for now I guess. They'd have come up with AT eventually but the question is: where in the lifecycle will that come to life - 6 months down the line, 1 year or more than that
Honestly, I feel disappointed. It was so exciting to follow all the leaks, spy shots and trickle of information over all these months. Mind and heart was in sync and so was the wallet. Buyer for the old car lined up. Budget arranged.

But now I feel short changed and even the positives are failing to cover up for the disappointment of not knowing how long I have to wait for the AT.

I wish Tata stops using Auto India as their spokesperson and update the customers directly!
ihrishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 19:23   #2031
BHPian

A tipster confirms that Tata claims its the safest vehicle in India with crash tested in house for more than 300 times.

Regarding no launch of the AT points to consider:
1) Delay with Hyundai in signing the deal and the bulk orders.
2) Tata always has launched the Automatic trims for the recent launches as a part of their product cycle refresh, Tiago, Tigor & the Nexon but apart from Hexa which had AT at launch.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 19:33   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
They probably do not *want* to show all their cards at one go to keep the product fresh for a longer duration. I bet they have very regular 'updates' and 'special editions' planned for the Harrier life cycle to keep the interest going.
I had the exact same thought (and wishful thinking maybe?) when Harrier was announced without AT/AWD. None of the AMTs/ATs in their recent lineup - Tiago, Tigor, Nexon, Hexa - have been available from the get-go. Tiago - their PV crowd-puller has had Wizz, AMT, NRG, JTP as incremental and/or special editions. So, guessing that wouldn't be any different with Harrier either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
But now I feel short changed and even the positives are failing to cover up for the disappointment of not knowing how long I have to wait for the AT.
I, and a lot of Bhpians, hear you. It's like trying to quantify the unknown.
Old 5th December 2018, 19:54   #2033
BHPian

So, I'm revisiting a point from earlier. Where is the space to put your mobile, wallet, credit card holder etc for the driver? This was a glaring issue I had experienced during test driving the Hexa and a lot of people have discussed it on this forum too.

Does the problem get carried forward to the Harrier too? Are we meant to put these things in the cooled beverage box or in the coffee cup holder? Because, even though there is a USB charging port hidden right above the drive mode selector, I didn't really see any dedicated space to put our phones and wallets.

Any idea anyone?
Old 5th December 2018, 20:15   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
A tipster confirms that Tata claims its the safest vehicle in India with crash tested in house for more than 300 times.
Does that number include CAE computer simulation of crash as well? Generally not more than 15-20 mules are crash tested to get the results right.

Crashing 300 duly built vehicles is frightfully expensive!
aditya79india is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 20:39   #2035
BHPian

Those concerned about the performance the car does 0-100 in 11 secs. An auto journo has put up an instagram story.
ATRONIX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 21:23   #2036
Senior - BHPian

No doubts harrier is a sexy looking car. The render below just shows the immense mod capabilities to add more visual appeal.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrrier1.jpg  

amit_mechengg is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 21:51   #2037
BHPian

Damn, harrier not having AWD is so disappointing. I wonder whether the terrain response system will have any real world use without an AWD system. That leaves Storme and Hexa as the only actual touring SUV options from TATA for the near future?
Old 5th December 2018, 21:51   #2038
BHPian

Not sure if this video has been shared before, but gives a good glimpse at the interiors specially (e.g. the driver side display, the parking brake, the fit/finish)

Particularly the way the needle/indicator in the tachometer moves (outside the circumference, cannot explain better - watch the video to see for yourself) is quite unique and cool.

Name:  Untitled2.png
Views: 5835
Size:  112.6 KB

Also came across the following tweet, up to individual's interpretation.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 5769
Size:  8.8 KB

Last edited by sachinayak : 5th December 2018 at 21:59.
sachinayak is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 22:56   #2039
Distinguished - BHPian

Just received a mail from Tata today stating that they are attaching the variant and colour scheme brochure to help me decide the variant and convey it to them. To my surprise the attachment file only contains Email IDS of some 3800 odd people arranged alphabetically. Is it possible that Tata is moronish enough to goof up like this and send me the wrong file. Also have only 3800 odd people done the prebooking?

Edit: Its a CSV file. And I could even find my email ID in the list. I suspect that they have made a blunder here.

Last edited by drmohitg : 5th December 2018 at 22:58.
drmohitg is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 23:03   #2040
BANNED

As per an instagram story of a journalist driving the harrier, I noticed that it too has the annoying 80kmph single beep. So it would be safe to assume it also has the 120kmph beep. Thanks annoying stupid Indian govt.

Just putting it here to inform the buyers and prevent the nasty surprise.
agambhandari is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks