Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2018, 06:55   #451
Team-BHP Support

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Where did the production version post disappear?
Guess some Tata officials keeping close eye on the forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I guess must be taken down to put TBHP watermarks as those were exclusive pics here.
As explained by KK_HakunaMatata, the post has been temporarily taken offline for the watermark to be added.
benbsb29 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 07:54   #452
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

The Harrier is making a strong case for itself already. I'm happy with my 7-year old Vista at 1,33,000 kms and though I liked the Nexon, I wasn't interested. I had decided that I would run the Vista past the 2L mark.

Looks like the Harrier will make me break my resolve. It seems like the perfect upgrade and a reminder to my Sierra days of the 90s.
discoverwild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 08:27   #453
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Where did the production version post disappear? Guess some Tata officials keeping close eye on the forums.
Come on guys, do you think we give a damn? They were temporarily taken offline for watermarking. Restored again at this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I guess must be taken down to put TBHP watermarks as those were exclusive pics here.
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 09:21   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
The upcoming Chevrolet Blazer
Front reminds me of the Brezza. And the rear 3/4ths of the Ignis.
I am sure there would be other originals, but like Hindi songs we only remember what he hear/ see first/ more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Wish list: Array of safety features like 6 airbags, ESP, TC as standard across all trim levels. In the higher trims, adaptive LED headlights and larger navigation/ICE screen and a full digital instrument console.
My wishlist would be all of the above plus an auto tranny. Someone had posted here they would offer limited customisation options. I repeat myself when I say I would prefer a version with 6 or more airbags and an auto tranny. Ventilated seats a la the Verna would be a nice plus.
I am not so bothered about the other gizmos I can get fitted in the aftermarket.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:13   #455
Senior - BHPian

Can the Tata Harrier perhaps be the first domestic model to score 5 stars NCAP rating? Will be a momentous occasion for the Indian car industry if it does. Also deservedly wearing a 'T' badge, perhaps among the first Indian manufacturers to show some priority for safety.

I know in the Indian market it counts for very little, but stick to one's ethos and it will pay off in the long run.
shortbread is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 13:27   #456
BHPian

SRK has come up with an updated rendering of the front end, based on the latest images from SneakyFunk.

Looks cool SRK, can we ask you to render these in a few other funky colors

Source : https://indianautosblog.com/2018/08/...ndering-312227
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierfrontrenderingupdated.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 13:47   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
SRK has come up with an updated rendering of the front end, based on the latest images from SneakyFunk.

Awesome SRK. Just one detail I noticed if you look in this pic:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
You saw it first here folks!
Here are pictures of the production version Tata Harrier. Spotted near the Tata Motors Plant in Bhosari.

Attachment 1787876
The top two lights in the headlight cluster are in a single housing and the bottom one is separate in a round housing. This is clearer in the headlight that is not watermarked.

Last edited by nainan : 8th August 2018 at 13:48. Reason: More detail
nainan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 16:08   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post

This looks great and seems closer to the brand version!
One request though - The front seems a little over done. Can you [SRK] make it a bit subtle [not loud]?
I am hoping Tata wouldn't do a "on your face" design with Harrier!
kaviprem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 16:25   #459
Senior - BHPian

One thing that is slowly but surely paying dividends in terms of changing public perception for Tata is its conscious decision to stay away from the "Taxi" crowd.

Also as luck would have it, thanks to Ola/Uber practially every other brand expect a Tata is now a Taxi..!!
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 02:19   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also as luck would have it, thanks to Ola/Uber practially every other brand expect a Tata is now a Taxi..!!
So can we say that Tata was ahead of its time when Indicas and Indigos were running all over as cabs?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 03:10   #461
BHPian

Tata could sell this in the U.K. and I think it would sell. It looks the part and word would get round of Land Rovers involvement which would boost it significantly. The question in my mind is whether the Tata brand name would work too well. It might be better to create a new brand or buy an old one that is no longer used. Something like Alvis might work.
Tstag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 09:15   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One thing that is slowly but surely paying dividends in terms of changing public perception for Tata is its conscious decision to stay away from the "Taxi" crowd.
How does one do it ? While some models ( across brands) are popular with the cabbie crowd, I dont think there has been any model in India that is not used as a taxi
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 09:27   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How does one do it ?

While some models ( across brands) are popular with the cabbie crowd, I dont think there has been any model in India that is not used as a taxi
One can't register a Tiago/Tigor/Nexon for Commercial Purpose (Yellow Number Plate) because the manufacturer (Tata) does not allow it.

Not long ago getting a Tata mostly meant buying a "Taxi" brand
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 09:31   #464
BHPian

The final product's looking terrific! I hope the ride quality is more like Hexa than the Nexon. I skipped Hexa for the lack of a proper top end with 4x4 in AT. Hope Tata can get their variants right with the Harrier.

I was saving up for Tucson, but boy oh boy this makes a very compelling case ��
octane_100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 09:34   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One can't register a Tiago/Tigor/Nexon for Commercial Purpose (Yellow Number Plate) because the manufacturer (Tata) does not allow it.
That limitation is only for a limited period after launch of a car. Beyond that, the restrictions dont apply.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks