Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2018, 19:14   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

New Tata Harrier SUV dashboard, contoured sport seats and more!

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierdashboardsportsseatsindia.jpeg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierdashboardseatssportsspiedindia2.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierdashboardseatssportsspiedindia3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 11:11   #527
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Was travelling behind and in front of the Tata Harrier on the Kotagiri - Coonoor road yesterday. Probably coming up after its test at the Kari Speedway.

Some observations:

1. Engine is pretty silent
2. Car has good power and acceleration on the hills
3. Handles corners quite well and at speed without too much body roll.
4. About the size of a Santa Fe but slightly longer.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1image.jpeg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-2image.jpeg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-3image.jpeg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-4image.jpeg  

AMG Power is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 00:08   #528
BANNED

Tata is definitely not going forward with their latest launches. They should remember their cult following like Sierra Estate Safari and improvise on them to capture market like how Royal Enfield did on 2 wheels.

Tata should leave their ego within this space and gain their respect where they left.
vittalnrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 05:33   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
Tata is definitely not going forward with their latest launches. They should remember their cult following like Sierra Estate Safari and improvise on them to capture market like how Royal Enfield did on 2 wheels.

Tata should leave their ego within this space and gain their respect where they left.

Really? Estate had a cult following?

I think Tata is doing most things right. Safari and Sierra might have had a certain following, but very limited and in this day and age it is actually a liability if you keep harping on the past, especially when all the earlier Tata cars were not associated with refinement.

They have had to launch many new cars like the Tiago, Nexon to change the perception that people had about them and with cars like the Harrier they will only move forward. And sales numbers sort of imply this too, the nexon and the Tiago are doing quite alright. And even the Hexa is seeing a decent response considering the segment that it is in.

My Dad owned 2 Sierras at different points, he loved it and even I loved it too. In fact I learnt driving in the Sierra turbo. Would we go back and buy a car just because its named Sierra? May be not! People have moved on! Im more likely to buy the Harrier, if I had the need!
motorworks is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 09:37   #530
BHPian

Quote:

Do you mean to say that TATA is not getting it right with their new launches ? Why do you think so ?

It's their new launches like Tiago and Nexon are making the right impact.

You may compare Royal Enfield with Thar as both are lifestyle vehicles.

Personally I feel TATA might find more takers for Harrier with a full panoramic sunroof than going back to Sierra roots !
vaasscit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 10:37   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Tata Harrier SUV dashboard, contoured sport seats and more!
Why is that HU/touchscreen is so much projecting out, almost looks like an old laptop has been stuck on the dashboard? After the tastefully designed dash in Nexon, I was hoping that Harrier also will have LR inspired, clean, elegant interiors.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 10:40   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Why is that HU/touchscreen is so much projecting out, almost looks like an old laptop has been stuck on the dashboard? After the tastefully designed dash in Nexon, I was hoping that Harrier also will have LR inspired, clean, elegant interiors.
I am not the best to report on aesthetics. But in terms of functionality if that raised screen has navigation/ maps, the higher placed the better.

It will help drivers keep an eye on the road while checking maps. I am of course assuming drivers like me who are used to avoiding verbal instructions (especially given in female voices)
selfdrive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 12:16   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Tata is definitely not going forward with their latest launches. They should remember their cult following like Sierra Estate Safari
I think they are. Please do remember the Sierra and Safari for what they were. They were among the first SUV's in India built by an Indian manufacturer and thus opening up a new segment.

In that sense Tata is going forward by building contemporary world class SUVs designed ground up in India and for India. As for legacy while I see Land Rover underpinnings in the Harrier and the H7X(I like calling it the Safari - Raptor till they find an apt name) I still see in them an evolution of the brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Hexa is seeing a decent response considering the segment that it is in.
I concur as I am seeing a lot more Hexas on the road in Bangalore than I expected.
nainan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 17:18   #534
BHPian

My brother had send me these pics from Koramangala, Bangalore - couple of weeks back.
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrier-1.jpg

The Range-Roverish grilles are pretty visible on one of the pics.
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrier-2.jpg
On the other you could see it right next to a Creta, which helps in distinguishing the size / road presence.
peterjim13 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 20:28   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I am not the best to report on aesthetics. But in terms of functionality if that raised screen has navigation/ maps, the higher placed the better.

It will help drivers keep an eye on the road while checking maps. I am of course assuming drivers like me who are used to avoiding verbal instructions (especially given in female voices)
Aesthetics is subjective, but there are more functional/ergonomical aspects to these.
Bottom half of this panel(which has physical control) doesn't need to be raised, or in an angle as it only creates protrusions (it is better to have as little protrusions as possible, especially in hard materials)
I see there is a trend fore the 'floating' screens instead of the screens which are slightly 'sunken' inside the dashboard (which are good for visibility). Reason could be that the tooling costs are low and they can for a slightly bigger screen then what the dashboard can house.
In any case, it will be better to wait till the car is launched. I was keeping my hawkish eyes on as this is could be potentially my next car
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 22:32   #536
BHPian

New interior pics from Gaadiwaadi, fabulous transition from concept to production version I believe.
Cheers
Uday

Source : https://gaadiwaadi-com.cdn.ampprojec...-spy-images%2F
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierinteriordashboardimages2.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierinteriorseatupholsteryimages1.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierinteriorkeylessremoteimages3.jpg  

Last edited by uday.ere : 29th August 2018 at 22:34.
uday.ere is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 29th August 2018, 23:35   #537
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if this has been asked before - what is this handle like part ? ( Enclosed in yellow circle )

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierinteriorseatupholsteryimages1.jpg
condor is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 00:02   #538
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not sure if this has been asked before - what is this handle like part ? ( Enclosed in yellow circle )

Attachment 1794500
The handbrake. They redesigned to liberate some space.
Vid6639 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 01:32   #539
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The handbrake. They redesigned to liberate some space.
It's a good redesign of the handbrake lever, however, when engaged the lever may interfere with cup/bottle placed in the holder behind.

Last edited by NPX : 30th August 2018 at 01:35.
NPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 03:09   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
It's a good redesign of the handbrake lever, however, when engaged the lever may interfere with cup/bottle placed in the holder behind.
If the armrest behind the bottle holder can be adjusted/ moved forward, or will be used extensively, one cannot place a bottle there anyway.
Seems to be an ergonomics clash. Too much happening in a small area.

Looking good overall. Hoping for a diesel automatic version with 6 airbags and a panoramic sunroof.

Last edited by selfdrive : 30th August 2018 at 03:11.
selfdrive is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed