Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 22:25   #556
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Instrument Panel of Tata Harrier

Left part of the panel houses an LCD with Tacho and MID. Right side there is a Speedometer which looks very plain. I hope Tata provides different one in production spec car. My 5 lakh rupee Tiago has better looking Speedometer then this one.

Source
Awesome, thanks for posting.Indian customers are hard to please huh. Nothing wrong in hoping for more, but this is a first for an Indian car and this has to account for something. I am sure the speedometer will be backlit and in my opinion, they are going to let customers customize display on the LCD . Hence the fixed speedometer.
v6kgang is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 09:04   #557
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Instrument Panel of Tata Harrier

Source
This is brilliant, quite like the look of this cluster. It's not the same but even the mighty Honda Accord has a part digital, part analogue instrument cluster. Pic attached for reference.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-accord.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-accord-1.jpg

Picture courtesy respective owners.
hiren.mistry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 09:16   #558
BHPian

This is turning out to be one good looking car from Tata. Hoping they do provide top variants with automatic and not go the el cheapo Hyundai way.

Any guesses on the pricing so far? Looks like they would slot it right between the Hexa and the Nexon - so 11 - 18L? Just a guess.
Mad Max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 09:35   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
What class are we talking about? I don't see this being priced more than 20L, worst case.
Not in terms of vehicle segmentation. I'm talking of a vehicle class that seeks to reinforce the premium feel in a manufacturer's vehicle.

Apart from that, the object in question still appears to be a temporary fixture.
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 10:44   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And honestly, its a good observation - hope TML is check these posts and keep an eye on this. I doubt the test drivers will think about all these and provide a feedback to the company.
I think I should apply for the role of an interior consultant. Considering my OCD about these things, I will be a devil's advocate for them. There is no devil emoticon; mods please look into this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
This will be a very awkward design in a premium offering. A vehicle of this class should have electric parking brakes instead.
I am now having second thoughts about my earlier wish for a panoramic sunroof. Less the electronics, the less things to fail. Ditto for the electric parking brake. There are some people like me who are reassured only when they manually pull the handbrake as high as possible.

They should offer it in an option pack. Keep a base pack without electrical/ electronic options (kindly excuse this commerce graduate!), and all other gizmos/ aftermarket possibilities offered in the optional pack. Customers can then truly customise what they want. Dealers will also be able to close deals to make some money there. Leaves the manufacturer to erm, focus on manufacturing. I see a win-win for all.
selfdrive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 11:31   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Doesn't look like a handbrake. It is too wide and flat to be comfortable to hold and operate.
It probably works like a pull up and push down handbrake. That way it may not hinder the cup holders. So when stationary it may be up but otherwise it will rest below. Does any other manufacturer have something like this?
If that is not the case it not only hampers the cup holders but also comes on the way of a sudden gear shift. I am certain such an obvious inconvenience cannot be ignored by the test drivers. Tata is moving in the right direction with its recent releases gaining popularity and trust in a slow and steady fashion. What they need is a break away hit on arrival. Will the harrier do this? If priced fairly. I believe so. I think we need to be reasonable in our price expectations and Tata will not disappoint.
chittybang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 11:52   #562
Senior - BHPian

Take a look at the latest LADA on display at the Russian Auto Show.

Tata Harrier styling seems to be catching on. Or has Tata Technologies provided styling inputs as an outsourced engineering service provider to this as well?

Looks good, and definitely looks a close cousin to the Harrier!

Link:
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-moscow-409528
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 18:10   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The handbrake. They redesigned to liberate some space.
Wow ! That is unique - this would flatten out when disengaged for drives. Would love to see how this functions - as this would be something drivers like me are never used to - we simply test our left arm strength on the normal handbrakes.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 19:13   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
we simply test our left arm strength on the normal handbrakes.
...and get the reassurance of the handbrake getting engaged after the 'krrrrrk' sound in the end
Guna is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 19:18   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
...and get the reassurance of the handbrake getting engaged after the 'krrrrrk' sound in the end
Guess TATA can engineer the krrrrk sound into this one too... Maybe an audible one from the speakers 😂

truth be told, i am waiting for this one too. And I quite like the name harrier. Reminds me of the old ww2 fighter jets of England. Or was it?
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 20:17   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
.....And I quite like the name harrier. Reminds me of the old ww2 fighter jets of England. Or was it?
Actually, no. It was the first VTOL (Vertical Take off & Landing) jet fighter made by British Aerospace. Our Navy had a couple of squadrons of those. Now obsolete & retired. The name refers to a species of small hawk.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 10:13   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Reminds me of the old ww2 fighter jets of England. Or was it?
That was the spitfires. They were known for their unique sound as they flew over.
Harrier does sound like a proper SUV name. Although, does the name of a car have an impact on its saleability beyond its initial months? Would Tata Zica have done better than Tiago? If the car is good, it will make a name for itself.
chittybang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 10:30   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
That was the spitfires. They were known for their unique sound as they flew over.
Harrier does sound like a proper SUV name. Although, does the name of a car have an impact on its saleability beyond its initial months? Would Tata Zica have done better than Tiago? If the car is good, it will make a name for itself.
Well it does way better than Creta. What the heck is that, sounds like a demon.

I think a name goes a long way in showing where the brand wants to take its car. Safari, estate, fortuner, swift, these are names that people remember. Any little bit helps.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2018, 11:50   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Well it does way better than Creta. What the heck is that, sounds like a demon.

I think a name goes a long way in showing where the brand wants to take its car. Safari, estate, fortuner, swift, these are names that people remember. Any little bit helps.

yes you are right the name... i8, M5, M4 M3, 5 Series, R8, R7S, TT... oh wait may be the name doesnt have anything to do with it... will you buy a car which is the best value for money car in the world has say a 200 hp, gives a mileage of 30 kmpl, is the cheapest in its segment and has the best ride and handling in its class..... and its named guppy, winky, lettuce, putra or creta... by the way all are real car names

Last edited by sreejinair : 1st September 2018 at 11:51.
sreejinair is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 11:39   #570
BHPian

A friend of mine, Aby Kurian, spotted Harrier on Hosur Road in Bangalore today. Attaching a few pictures he clicked.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20180902wa0014.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20180902wa0012.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20180902wa0008.jpg  

raghulsudheesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks