Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2018, 10:30   #616
Senior - BHPian

The more I look at the Harrier, the more I feel that this is one fantastic car! It surely looks bigger than the Creta and is almost a Compass Rival in all aspects including the engine!

I think it would make a great buy at around16-18 Lakhs on road for a decently equipped diesel manual. Remember even the Creta now goes up all the way to 17-18 Lakhs for its diesel auto, so for a bigger and better car like the Harrier, Tata need not have an entry level bare bones variant like the Creta and can afford to price is a little higher. They can take on the Creta and even the XUV500. There are scores of urban people who buy the XUV but do not need the 3rd row.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 10:35   #617
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

It seems to be both longer and wider than the Fortuner / Compass. Looks like a blockbuster from Tata this time, provided the pricing is right. Kudos to them for their efforts ! I don't have any doubt that this product will look smashing if the Hexa is anything to go by.

Last edited by longhorn : 15th September 2018 at 10:37.
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 11:01   #618
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
"No car like Harrier" in premium SUV segment, says Tata Motors' President

Does that mean they are targeting the premium SUVs? So it is Compass, Tuscon and Tiguan segment? I hope it would be between 17-20L OTR .
That segment sells not more than 2500 vehicles all put together. The Creta alone has 4 times the sales. So the premium 5 seater is the best way to ensure that such a capable car is killed at launch. They would fare better if they pitch it against the Creta and use the 7 seater in the XUV/Innova/Scorpio territory where there is again about 10000 cars to be sold. In Endy/Fortuner territory the sales are just 2000-2500 units. So Tata do your math and the best price point for the 5 seater is 15 and the 7 seater is 20.
nainan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 12:58   #619
Senior - BHPian

All said and done, what is TATA doing to ramp up its after sales services. Specifically, the quality of manpower it has in its service centers ?

The service engineers as i see today do not seem to be as skilled or as sound to handle the issues with the car, as say compared to the ones in a Honda or Hyundai garage. Perhaps, lower salaries attracting bottom pie of the talent ? I don't know.

But for Harrier or any other upcoming model from TATA to be a success, the after sales aspect is one aspect they *really* need to work hard on. TATA has reached a stage where its products are very good now, but the after sales is still stuck in the Indica era.
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 13:43   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
All said and done, what is TATA doing to ramp up its after sales services. Specifically, the quality of manpower it has in its service centers ?......TATA has reached a stage where its products are very good now, but the after sales is still stuck in the Indica era.
Is your comment based on your experience (with your Tigor ownership) or general market perception?

The reason I ask this is this is not in sync with the general opinion on the Tata Tiago, Tata Nexon and Tata Hexa official review forums. Specially the Tata Hexa forum has a lot of promising experiences around after-sales-service. As far as I know, these forums are even being monitored by Tata Motors themselves and not much complains have surfaced on these threads.

Heck, we have a Innova Crysta niggles thread, but still perceptions are hard to change.

Disclaimer (nth time from me perhaps): I upgraded from a Tata Manza to a 2nd-Gen Toyota Innova and I was happier (and could be an exception here) with Tata than Toyota on service.

Last edited by sachinayak : 15th September 2018 at 13:46.
sachinayak is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 14:01   #621
BHPian

Just came back from a quick visit to my local TASS, to replace a windscreen washer motor on my Storme.

Upon chatting with the GM there, heard him mention for the first time that Tata could be looking the 'Nexa' way, to handle Harrier after sales service. They're already firming up plans to have their service centers divided/expanded on those lines, in the coming months. The idea is to have at least the Hexa and Harrier attended to in these centers, to begin with.
avinash_m is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 16:17   #622
Senior - BHPian

IndianAutosBlog reports that Tata Harrier will be the official pace vehicle for Tata Mumbai Marathon event in January 2019 (Link - https://indianautosblog.com/2018/09/...arathon-314491)

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1.jpg

Quote:
Leveraging its parent company Tata Group's title sponsorship of the Tata Mumbai Marathon 2019, Tata Motors will promote the Harrier at the event in January.

The company's upcoming flagship SUV will lead the pack of runners at Asia's largest marathon as the official pace vehicle. Expect to see a pre-production prototype wrapped in a special livery, revealing enough to incite an irresistible web search.

The Tata Harrier is the production version of the Tata H5X concept that debuted at the Auto Expo 2018. Designed using the IMPACT Design 2.0 design language, the premium SUV has British roots, with a modified version of Jaguar Land Rover's D8 architecture forming its basis. From elsewhere, it will source its engine and automatic transmission.

Tata Motors will offer the Harrier with FCA's 140 PS 2.0-litre MultiJet II engine. It has ordered 70,000 units for this SUV and its 7-seat version (codename: Tata H7X) following in 2020. The four-cylinder diesel mill will direct power to the front wheels via a 6-speed manual transmission or a Hyundai-made 6-speed automatic transmission. Availability of an AWD system, at least in the domestic market, is unlikely.

The Tata Harrier will hit the sweet spot between the Hyundai Creta and Jeep Compass, with prices likely starting at around INR 12 lakh (ex-showroom). Its launch will take place in early 2019 (by March 2019).

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 15th September 2018 at 16:17. Reason: Added more relevant details of the event
AdityaDeane is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 18:23   #623
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs

Spotted this on Bangalore roads today. Is this the new version of XUV.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20180915wa0020.jpg  

gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 22:20   #624
Senior - BHPian

70,000 units
Shows that they do have confidence in their product.

But no AWD for India? Hope you are not right about this!!

Last edited by samaspire : 15th September 2018 at 22:24.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 22:30   #625
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
70,000 units
Shows that they do have confidence in their product.

But no AWD for India? Hope you are not right about this!!
Both seem correct. Actually quite realistic and yet aggressive. The market in that segment does not buy AWD, at least not in numbers.

So there we see the purpose of the Ladder frame Hexa. Ohh! for an AT AWD.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 08:54   #626
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Sunny Gandhi for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Found this Tata Motors Tweet showcasing the Platform and Sneak Preview

Tweet:

All things legendary start with a great foundation. The all-new Tata Harrier, built on the advanced monocoque OMEGARC architecture, developed on Land Rover’s D8 architecture, is truly #BornOfPedigree.

Find out more about the OMEGARC here: buff.ly/2OpYBkk

Link:
https://twitter.com/tatamotors/statu...191737346?s=12
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 15:30   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Both seem correct. Actually quite realistic and yet aggressive. The market in that segment does not buy AWD, at least not in numbers.

There have been various reports of a Tata developed 4WD so I do not see at least the 7 seater not having one.
nainan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 17:39   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Sunny Gandhi for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Here is the quoted video uploaded by TATA Motors.

#BornOfPedigree The making of the Tata Harrier - OMEGARC
jeepster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 17:57   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

It would be quite ironic for Tata to have AWD on its "crossover" and not on SUV!! My money is on both the 5 and 7 seaters to have AWD, the IAB article not withstanding.
octane_100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 18:05   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
It would be quite ironic for Tata to have AWD on its "crossover" and not on SUV!! My money is on both the 5 and 7 seaters to have AWD, the IAB article not withstanding.
I agree with you. It would really spoil the show if we didn't have a selectable 4*4 with low ratio or at least an AWD. I think IAB is misinformed too.

The competition except for the Hyundai Creta have AWD. So it's natural, the Harrier will.
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks