Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2018, 21:08   #796
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Apparently, the Harrier can do in excess of 180kmph.

Quote:
As per Sudeep, the car was easily doing 170-180 kmph. It has the potential to go even faster. There were a total of three adults on board the Harrier, including the driver. The Harrier seems good at handling too, the car was taking sharp turns at about 130 kmph.
Source: Rushlane

Last edited by discoverwild : 4th October 2018 at 21:15.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 22:06   #797
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Apparently, the Harrier can do in excess of 180kmph.

Source: Rushlane
This Rushlane guys are funny. First they broke the 'news' that the Harrier AT has 'creep' function (which is the most basic feature of any auto, especially the TCs). Now they report that the car can take 'sharp' turns at 130 kmph! Even formula cars can't manage such things.
Guna is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 22:16   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
. Now they report that the car can take 'sharp' turns at 130 kmph! Even formula cars can't manage such things.
As apparently claimed by one Mr. Sudeep. I'm not sure what they meant by sharp turns. Quick lane changes during overtaking?
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 14:40   #799
BHPian

close to 150 vehicles are in final testing.
media drive should be between 15 to 20 October.
Doubtful if prices would be revealed.

Deliveries in Jan 19.
007 Bond is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 15:09   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Bond View Post
close to 150 vehicles are in final testing.
media drive should be between 15 to 20 October.
Doubtful if prices would be revealed.

Deliveries in Jan 19.
2 full months gap between media drive and launch ? They can't incorporate any changes in this two month interval for sure (People in Automotive Production/Supply chain would agree with this)

Maybe they want to keep the buzz alive !

Nevertheless I'm super excited. Looking forward to the full vehicle reveal (Though it'd take time, would gladly wait for TBHP review; Not bothered by other so called honest reviews)
Old 5th October 2018, 15:17   #801
Senior - BHPian

Maybe the 2 months gap between the media drives and the launch date is to account for the t-bhp review.
samaspire is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 16:50   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
...Now they report that the car can take 'sharp' turns at 130 kmph! Even formula cars can't manage such things.
The guy claim that the car was doing 150+ kmph which means they were on a good highway. Which highway in India has sharp turns? This most likely would have been a decent curve which is smooth and this person may not have been right behind but was excited seeing the car being fast, so just put a number he "thought" the car was doing in the curve.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th October 2018 at 16:52.
swiftnfurious is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 18:07   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Maybe the 2 months gap between the media drives and the launch date is to account for the t-bhp review.
Good One Samaspire, it looks like TML too is in sync with Team-BHP's timelines.

Request to Mods : Pls do share a sneak (p)review of the Harrier immediately post the media drive (like it was done for a couple of other highly anticipated launches). This will satiate our hunger for the time being while you work your magic on the full-blown Team-BHP spec review

Cheers,
Uday
uday.ere is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 18:40   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I'd say it's a very sharp marketing / sales pitch.
  • You reveal & generate hype - that way, you actually restrict those potential buyers who otherwise would take the plunge in the festive season in some other brands/products.

• You do the media drives and you get the opinion from all the reviewers - there can be certain things which were overlooked but corrected before launch - remember one of the Hexa variant was supposed to come in just a 6 seater version and not seven seater, which was corrected before the launch based on the feedback!

• The company gets enough time to gauge the demand and fine tune delivery based on that - less churn of building variants with lower demand (though I expect all manufacturers to roll out top end variants max in the initial months). Also ship more vehicles to the dealers with more bookings. Faster initial deliveries can excite the customers and woo the potential customers to the brand / product.

• More time for the company to adjust production constraints - adding additional shifts etc earlier than getting bombarded with bookings and not being able to deliver

• If they don't reveal the price at the time of TD, they might have a scope to price it better (more premium) also if the feedback is quite good. This point could be debatable as I am not sure when the pricing decisions are taken (compared to the launch date).

• You start the booking and get a good response - enough money in the bank (plus interest) on those bookings for 2 months (Imagine Rs. 50,000/- * 1000 bookings = 5 crore in the account).

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th October 2018 at 18:50.
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 19:40   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
[*]You reveal & generate hype - that way, you actually restrict those potential buyers who otherwise would take the plunge in the festive season in some other brands/products.
This should be the primary reason, if they decide to go with the said timelines in my Opinion. They basically arrest the sales of other potential cars in the same territory (jeep compass in this case,again my opinion, if they reduce the price to increase the sales in coming months).
Regarding your last point, it'll be the dealers that will benefit as I don't think the money goes to TATA immediately.

Last edited by v6kgang : 5th October 2018 at 19:40. Reason: Added qualifiers
Old 5th October 2018, 20:11   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I'd say it's a very sharp marketing / sales pitch. [*]If they don't reveal the price at the time of TD, they might have a scope to price it better (more premium) also if the feedback is quite good. This point could be debatable as I am not sure when the pricing decisions are taken (compared to the launch date).
With the Harrier they are looking for sustainable volumes so I doubt they would make last minute pricing changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6kgang View Post
This should be the primary reason, if they decide to go with the said timelines in my Opinion. They basically arrest the sales of other potential cars in the same territory (jeep compass in this case,again my opinion, if they reduce the price to increase the sales in coming months).
I think the timelines are usually decided by the marketing guys. Guess they had some constraint to make it in the festive season. They also want to keep the interest of the buyers.

The Compass is not selling well anyways and if this trend continues will meet the fate of the Duster which too is not selling even after the price cut which made it cheaper than the Creta. I think initial pricing is very crucial in the Indian market as steep price changes either ways later do not work. The better way to premium is gradual addition of top variants in later model years for a best selling product.

Honeymoon Period Ended For Jeep Compass? Sales Decline 40% For 2nd Month
nainan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 21:51   #807
BHPian

Saw the video linked below on youtube. It shows what seems to be the Interior of the Harrier. Most of it is visible. Do check it out!

Manesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 10:06   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manesh View Post
Saw the video linked below on Youtube. It shows what seems to be the Interior of the Harrier. Most of it is visible. Do check it out!
This appears to be more like a company planted video. A tata scoop shot from a latest tata car that too in latest variant/color and spare red plates on the dash. Things don't add up much here, or we have a clear point.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th October 2018 at 19:11. Reason: Removing embedded video from quoted post.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 10:50   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manesh View Post
Saw the video linked below on Youtube. It shows what seems to be the Interior of the Harrier. Most of it is visible. Do check it out!
The pics are from earlier scoop by gaadiwadi. But the video has the car with TN37 number plates on, which is Coimbatore in TN where Jayem autos are based. So it's just testing or JTP variant on Harrier is also on cards at launch? Sorry, if this was discussed before
Edit: sorry, there was a rushlane article around it a month back. Apologies for bringing it up again
Thanks
KK

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th October 2018 at 19:11. Reason: Removing embedded video from quoted post.
Old 6th October 2018, 10:56   #810
Senior - BHPian

Jayem Auto not only does the special JTP versions, they also do regular mileage accumulation and other drives used during the testing and development phase for many OEMs including Tata. I personally have seen Mahindra and Ford vehicles with TN-37 trade plates and heavy camouflage in and around Coimbatore.
aravind.anand is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks