Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 09:06   #76
Team-BHP Support

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I don't know what headlamps will they fit in that thin a space. I guess, we will have to wait and watch.
Modern projectors, specially LED ones are getting smaller. Tucson ones shown below, for example, are rather tiny. The headlight unit could have been much smaller if not for halogen reflector unit of the high beam.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-2016hyundaitucson08.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
I would like the H5X production version to be called the Sierra. May be the 7 seater can take the Safari plate.
+1.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 09:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitanay View Post
Did this small copy-paste work on photoshop while on a discussion about H5X on another group. What do you think?
Good PS job. This and the subsequent reactions here will hopefully tell TATA not to go back to their Indica derived styling language
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 10:03   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitanay View Post
Did this small copy-paste work on photoshop while on a discussion about H5X on another group. What do you think?
Going by this idea, almost all Merc, BMW, Audi, Hyundai and then some more, have the same front design. Some of them share similar rear designs as well. But is anyone complaining? I guess, No.

H5X design has a lot of resemblance to the new gen Land Rover vehicles, especially the Evoque. If someone replaces the badge with a LR one and starts calling this as the next gen Evoque, with a bigger cabin and muscular styling, hardly anyone would disbelieve.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 10:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

Leave Creta and Compass aside. I think next battle will be between Kia's SP concept Vs Tata's H5X concept. H5X is bigger than Creta and Compass and we don't have many details of SP concepts Size.k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Creta 4270 x 1780 x 1630
H5X 4575 x 1960 x 1686
Adding Jeep Compass in Comparision.

Creta 4270 x 1780 x 1630
H5X 4575 x 1960 x 1686
Compass 4395 x 1818 x 1640
SJM1214 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 11:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Modern projectors, specially LED ones are getting smaller. Tucson ones shown below, for example, are rather tiny. The headlight unit could have been much smaller if not for halogen reflector unit of the high beam.
That is what I had in mind. The LEDs can, for sure, fit. I was thinking of the base variants with halogen lamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.r.K View Post
I'm guessing that the lines on top are DRLs and maybe turn indicators.

The headlights must be a part of the angular design in the bumper.
You might be right. The 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe has a similar setup. DRLs on the conventional headlamp position and the actual headlamps below them.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-2019hyundaisantafe1.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 11:51   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DRLs on the conventional headlamp position and the actual headlamps below them.
I too believe we can expect something similar like this. Also a good opportunity for TATA to add a Hybrid system too.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 12:42   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You might be right. The 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe has a similar setup.

DRLs on the conventional headlamp position and the actual headlamps below them.
Could this arrangement if implemented could end up in much more frequent and expensive Headlamp replacements in cases of bumper bumps and nudges?
payeng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 15:40   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Thought I'll share some of the pics I clicked during the Auto Expo.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-p1010715.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-p1010719.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-p1010722.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-p1010724.jpg

Hope this gives a fair idea of the length of the vehicle. Please click on the image to open a high resolution pic in a new window - shows the size better.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-p1010726.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-p1010730.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th February 2018 at 15:41.
swiftnfurious is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 18:09   #84
BHPian

I don't see a rear wash-wipe. Is it because it is still a concept? Or has Tata managed to procure a very effective water repelling coating that makes wipers unnecessary? I know that it has a camera to aid the rear view mirror, but do cameras work well in the rain? Just curious.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 19:22   #85
BHPian

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the price, though still a concept. This has a potential of shaking the market of quiet a few hit cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
How many here feel this car in production avatar should be launched as the

1. H5X ?
2. Safari ?
3. Storme ?
4. Sierra ?
I'll go with octane_100 - Sierra &/or Safari.

Quote:
H5X production version to be called the Sierra.
May be the 7 seater can take the Safari plate.
+1
saurabh2711 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 20:02   #86
BHPian

A flip-side aspect for this kind of positioning of the headlamps will be that the accessibility from the engine bay will almost be impossible or very difficult. One will have to to access from the wheel well. This is there already in cars like Hexa (I own one), even though position isn't at this extreme.
vinodvayyat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 20:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvayyat View Post
A flip-side aspect for this kind of positioning of the headlamps will be that the accessibility from the engine bay will almost be impossible or very difficult. One will have to to access from the wheel well. This is there already in cars like Hexa (I own one), even though position isn't at this extreme.
They will in all probability use LEDs, and the housing should be easy to pull out for repairs

Last edited by Aditya : 15th February 2018 at 15:08. Reason: Quoted text rectified
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 20:50   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
I don't see a rear wash-wipe. Is it because it is still a concept? Or has Tata managed to procure a very effective water repelling coating that makes wipers unnecessary? I know that it has a camera to aid the rear view mirror, but do cameras work well in the rain? Just curious.
I am guessing it would be similar to the Range Rovers where the wiper is mounted on top of the rear windscreen tucked under the spoiler.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 19:59   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
How many here feel this car in production avatar should be launched as the

1. H5X ?
2. Safari ?
3. Storme ?
4. Sierra ?
I feel H5X is nice contemporary name. While Safari is a solid brand for Tata I feel it still carries negative attributes in the minds of the larger car buying population whereas H5X is quite cool. Almost like the name of a smart phone.
Quote:
I mentioned this elsewhere in the same thread. I would like the H5X production version to be called the Sierra. May be the 7 seater can take the Safari plate.

Sierra when launched set a style trend with the glass roof and 2 doors. IMO H5X is the true modern version of Sierra.
To start off: I, as a kid, was in awe of these two cars. They used to be my fascination till the time I grew up, and got exposed to a more bigger plate full of cars to lust over. (I mean the cars that can be had in India.) I am pretty sure the forum would have members and visitors who would swear by these two cars, even today.

But I guess, when it comes to using names of older cars (or products) for a new car (or products) has its own pro and cons. Now a days, a very successful product (name) becomes its own brand and overshadows the parent brand.
  • A related example being: Just take a look at Pulsar- It became a brand of its own, created its own cult, even overshadowed the Bajaj brand name. So much so that you will actually see very less of Bajaj branding on the actual bike itself.
  • A completely unrelated example is surf, that became a brand name itself, overshadowing the Unilever brand, and so much so that all detergents started being known as surf.

Maruti pulled it off, when they launched a premium hatchback by the name of Baleno, that used to be a premium sedan earlier. The product is a smash hit. But that's just Maruti doing routine stuff. Such is their grip on market, that a failure from them needs to be a case study. Their cars becoming a hit does not surprise me any more. Their share prices rising does not make us bat our eyelid.

Question to be asked here is- Is Tata ready to take on the gamble with the heritage brand that Safari and Sierra built? I am absolutely certain that Safari and Sierra were the halo products for Tata and built a brand name for themselves. But a brand name like this comes with its own back ground in terms of niggles/issues/quality perception. Will Tata be able overcome that negative (even if its very little) perception?

If I were to take a call here: Tatas do not have that kind of reputation in market even now, after loads of improvement in quality and overall perception. It will be some time before that perception changes for good. I can see that coming. Right now, they have trouble selling even products (e.g. Hexa, Tigor) which is best in class. So why take a risk, using legacy product names? Go ahead with creating new product names and just keep improving their perception by overall market.

The day is not far away, when Tata will have stellar products in their line up and would have phased out earlier generation products. It would be wise to recreate their older brands then, and these older product names would have a more mystical cult aura around them to be the success they deserve to be.

I would love Safari and Sierra brand getting revived with highly capable cars. Till then, let them rest in peace.

Last edited by LordSharan : 14th February 2018 at 20:03.
LordSharan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 00:24   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Big shoutout to Vid6639 for shooting these pictures and videos & his coverage of the Auto Expo. Thanks for sharing, man!

Side steps fold in or out. They sit flush with the body cladding when folded in:
Attachment 1726834
The expertise of Land Rover team plus Inspired members from TATA = A great concept.

I felt the rear made it unique, probably not seen in any models in India as of now (to my knowledge)

The folding side steps also gives an additional protection to the sides - A good new thinking.

Luxury at an affordable price - My guess. Naming?? Will it be called as "PENTYX"
pradeepnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks