Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2019, 15:00   #3361
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Been following this thread for a long time now and had my first opportunity to go and see Harrier in flesh. Wifey was with me as well, but she had no clue about this new SUV in the market.

Well, the SUV in person is stunning! It's huge and it strikes an impression with it's design and size. Leaving aside the features comparison between Creta and XUV, Harrier seems to be way ahead of league in space, size, comfort and potential it holds for taking down the competition. All fit and finish of the White Orcus Harrier looked fine (including the panel gaps) and the paint finish is pretty good. For a 20Lakh SUV, you are getting more for your money. This SUV will be a money spinner for TATA once the Auto transmission, Sun Roof and the 7-seater variant be made available soon.

We all know about the technical capabilities of this vehicle. Let's wait for the Team-BHP review on that front. ( we are all waiting for it GTO. Give an update on it ). I personally couldn't do a test drive as the vehicle was away and i had not much time at hand to wait for it.

The space inside is really big! The backseat row pampers you with acres of room to stretch and dance. Wifey had her eyes wide open in appraisal for the roominess of this vehicle.

Few things to notice, but not a deal breaker in my opinion.

1. Yes, the OVRM is huge but I think you will get used to it soon. I have a Linea T-Jet which has a huge A-Pillar, but after sometime it's no more an issue.
2. I am 5'11" Tall and as i got into the driver seat, my left leg was brushing the dashboard. But once, i adjusted the seat a behind and lower (this is how i drive my t-jet), I was more than comfortable without any hindrance. If you are someone who likes to sit tall and closer to the steering wheel, i think you will have this slight problem with the dashboard brushing.
3. Even though the dashboard is a step forward in terms of the system, i felt that it's a bit plain to my liking. Except for the system, it needed a bit more premium feeling to it.
4. The seat's back support (towards the edges) seems a bit thin and denser foam would be better. You can bend those seat edges easily wit your hands.
5. Handbrakes looks cool, but the quality and assembly around it can be improved. Doesn't inspire confidence in engaging that for such a huge vehicle. But it does seem to do it's function properly.

Wifey was pleasantly surprised and gave positive feedback about the vehicle. She doesn't get into technical discussions as her priorities are clear on the Vehicle cost (<23 lakhs), size, looks, seating, auto-transmission and sun-roof requirements. She made a comment that XUV looks smaller than Harrier, but still manages to give 7-seat option! Harrier can easily fit that seating configuration i think in it's current avatar. Experts correct me if i am wrong in my dimensions.

I will be going for a test drive soon, even though i will be waiting for the Auto, 7-seater , with sunroof option variant later this year. I would be comparing this against XUV, Tata Hexa (love the interiors), Innova and Kia Carnival (to be released soon?) for my buy.

Happy test-driving !!

Last edited by Aditya : 4th March 2019 at 17:56. Reason: SMS language
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 20:19   #3362
BHPian

Is this H7X? The crew were resting on nice road when I clicked this

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1551538130320.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1551538153489.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1551538172761.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1551538190254.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2019 at 08:31. Reason: Adding attachments in-line
krishnadevanur is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 23:17   #3363
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevanur View Post
No. This is 5 seater.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 07:39   #3364
BHPian

Re: Rumour: 7-seater Tata Harrier to be launched by end-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
No. This is 5 seater.
Automatic with Sunroof?
Old 4th March 2019, 16:19   #3365
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Get ready to see a lot of Harrier in the coming IPL

Tata Harrier partners Vivo IPL

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190304164315_twitter.jpg

Tata Motors is proud to announce its partnership between Harrier – the SUV #AboveAll and Vivo IPL – India’s most premium cricket league. Let the games begin!

https://t.co/0gWDwIfXaw
JS Kwt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 21:07   #3366
BHPian

Official teaser out.

Announcing Harrier as the official partner of Vivo IPL 2019.

https://t.co/9TroptnQCk

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190304213604_twitter.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190304213516_twitter.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190304213502_twitter.jpg
JS Kwt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 01:24   #3367
Distinguished - BHPian

Some of us, Chennai bhpians did a Harrier TD though we were there for the Tiago JTP TD. Overall a nice car. The USP of Harrier is the ride comfort on broken roads. The SA was pushing us to ride over bad roads to feel the FANTASTIC ride quality. This thing will be a lovely cruiser for passengers on a long drive. The second USP is the HK system. After the TD, we played some party tracks and LOVED it. We went on full volume on both the HU and my phone (which was paired) and believe it or not - there was not even a 0.01% distortion. I have had JBL comps, 4 channel amp and a JBL 12" sub in my Swift; I'd not have to spend a single rupee on Harrier for ICE update. The HU is another plus, voice commands were taken in with grace and very responsive compared to Ecosport as per an owner.

Rear space - 3 of us were at the back and it wasnt all that bad. Gear shifts are ok and short throw. What I hated is the engine noise - its BAD. They also should have gone for the 170 bhp tune, the car didnt feel too fast, does the job neat. The lowest position of the seat was too low for me to place my arm on the arm rest, so had to hit it up. The head room is huge. The brakes were a little too aggressive (way too perceivable after Tiago JTP TD) and the bite was sharp. The outer mirrors are another problem - its way too huge and adjustment was tricky too. It gets wallowy if you make sudden twists while driving.

My benchmark for the rear seat under thigh support remains Safari / Storme, this is kinda close to it. We noticed some panel gaps around the glove box and also some rubber beadings etc. While I'd happily pay a premium for the ICE, I cant say the same after the lack of noise insulation in the car. When I pay 20L, I expect a little more premium experience from the product.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th March 2019 at 01:33.
swiftnfurious is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 09:46   #3368
BHPian

The last I remember, H7X had slightly different alloys. The ones in the picture seems to be that of the harrier. Can't figure out if the protrusion is a sunroof or roof rails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevanur View Post

Attachment 1854157

Attachment 1854158

Attachment 1854159

Attachment 1854160
Old 6th March 2019, 06:38   #3369
BHPian

So yesterday coming back from my office, I came across the Harrier in the flesh, twice , once in Orcus White and once in the weird Orange. Truth be told, the pictures just dont do justice to the SUV. The Orcus White is a stunner and looks thoroughly modern from every possible angle. The white colour makes the car look bigger than it possibly is. This thing has massive road presence but not in a very imposing way, we guys in our little i10 couldnt stop looking at it! I'm sure the owner must have felt the price he paid to be absolutely worthwhile considering the amount of eyeballs it was grabbing, rightfully so. Its an absolute blasphemy to compare this car to the Creta, except possible the price overlap of the lower and higher variants of the Harrier and the Creta respectively. The Harrier looked atleast a class bigger or possibly even two ! Surprisingly after this came across an Orange TD car, which did not have the same presence as the White one. Tata had no business producing this car in that WEIRD shade !

Going by dimensions alone, i think this car might be too big for a daily drive in our congested cities. May be not as i routinely see people using the XUV, which is roughly of the same size, as a daily driver.

Also its possible, considering the amount of pull that the XUV commands, despite the falling sales, people might possible ask "Why buy 5 seats, when i can get 7?".

I cannot see this car doing anything remotely like Creta numbers. Tata should be happy if its able to move even 2-3k units of the Harrier per month.

Last edited by coldice4u : 6th March 2019 at 06:43.
coldice4u is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 11:35   #3370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
So yesterday coming back from my office, I came across the Harrier in the flesh
I also saw one Grey Harrier zoom past our Creta last evening, the first sighting for me personally. The car looks big and modern and is a head turner. Although I'm not sure if it's practical to have a 5-seater with limited SUVish capability in these dimensions. All its competitors offer a 4wd. Could be a good thing too depending on consumer preference but I believe the target market will be narrow
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 11:41   #3371
BHPian

A tastefully done white Tata Harrier with Dual tone black and black alloys.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-98e5615771d446f9a5083ca84074e690.jpeg

Here is the a video of the car on open roads. Link

Credits to the Instagram user.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 11:50   #3372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I also saw one Grey Harrier zoom past our Creta last evening, the first sighting for me personally. The car looks big and modern and is a head turner. Although I'm not sure if it's practical to have a 5-seater with limited SUVish capability in these dimensions. All its competitors offer a 4wd. Could be a good thing too depending on consumer preference but I believe the target market will be narrow
Unfortunately, a lot of us are ready to dismiss SUVs if they dont offer 4wd, but the bitter truth is that the market just doesn't care. Starting from the Nexon-Brezza-Ecosport crowd uptill the mighty Fortuner-Endeavour, the percentage of 4wd SUVs actually on the road would at most be 1-2%.

A lot of the competitors do offer 4wd but what number of actual 4wds are actually sold ! Tata will be more than happy to target the other 90% of the potential buyers and take a 10% pie of the same.
coldice4u is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 11:50   #3373
Senior - BHPian

Very Compass-ish.

I am not a fan of dual tone treatment on cars but this seems to be helping the case of Harrier looks to a great extent.
Old 6th March 2019, 12:40   #3374
Distinguished - BHPian

Harrier's second month dispatch figures stands at 1449 units.

Nissan Kicks at 609, Jeep Compass at 1304 while Hyundai's Creta grows stronger at 10206 units.

Source: Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th March 2019 at 12:43.
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 13:41   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
A tastefully done white Tata Harrier with Dual tone black and black alloys.

I'm not a big fan of the Harrier (and Buzzard) looks. But, this color combination is surely working in favor of the Harrier. I think Tata product team need to look at all dark shades that they are NOT offering and add those. Maybe that will give their sales the much required push.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks