Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2018, 18:00   #1666
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
The Autocar report also says:

No 4x4 "in the near term"
No 4X4 and per the same report no auto as well. "Harrier will only be available in a diesel-manual combination at launch"

While the dimensions seems absolutely class leading, not having 4X4 and auto is definitely a bummer. So how does the Terrain response system actually work without 4x4? Experts, any thoughts?
Old 28th November 2018, 18:43   #1667
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Teaser No. 7

Latest teaser shows the cooled storage box under the front arm rest. Neat!!

Pic shows the Hand Brake lever in front of the cup holders.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harriercoldstorage.jpg  

Last edited by uday.ere : 28th November 2018 at 19:05.
uday.ere is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 21:26   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
As per the below Autocar report, it is interesting to see that the Harrier is bigger than even the XUV500!! Whats good is the wheelbase is also a healthy 41mm more than the XUV.
Finally, a big Tata that doesn't breach the 2-tonne mark! All those dieting tips from Land Rover seem to have worked in the Harrier's favour. I expect performance and economy figures similar to the Jeep Compass from the Fiat-derived 2.0 turbo diesel mill.

Last edited by ampere : 29th November 2018 at 08:00. Reason: compacted quoted post
RoverX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 21:59   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
This report also says that the manual gearbox is sourced from FCA as well since we were discussing it a couple of days back.
nainan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 22:03   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverX View Post
I expect performance and economy figures similar to the Jeep Compass from the Fiat-derived 2.0 turbo diesel mill.
How come? It's heavier than the Compass and produces almost 18% less power.
How can performance and economy figures be comparable with this difference in weight and power?
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 07:55   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Teaser No. 7
Latest teaser shows the cooled storage box under the front arm rest. Neat!!
Isn’t a cooled storage box the wrong place to have the 12V socket? Where do I keep the phone while charging? In the box?

Last edited by ampere : 29th November 2018 at 08:00. Reason: removed video link from quoted post
ihrishi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 08:18   #1672
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Isn’t a cooled storage box the wrong place to have the 12V socket? Where do I keep the phone while charging? In the box?
There's a small groove provided, as seen in the pic, this groove may be the place to channel the charger wire, outside.
bkc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 08:34   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc View Post
There's a small groove provided, as seen in the pic, this groove may be the place to channel the charger wire, outside.
I did notice that, but it seems to be the slot for the latching mechanism. Will probably have to figure out post launch!
But it is still an odd place to locate the charging socket...would rather have it next to where the phone compartment is...
ihrishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 08:47   #1674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I did notice that, but it seems to be the slot for the latching mechanism.
The latching mechanism is actually in the centre of the lid. It appears to be towards the left due to the angle of view there. So
@bkc's comment looks correct.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 09:11   #1675
Senior - BHPian

There was a test car along MG road yesterday (I've seen it often), being driven by a guy with a blue shirt that said JTP on the pocket. I was curious & drove up to it near a signal & while simply showing it to my colleague, he asked the driver if the car was BS-VI. That guy didn't say a word but shook his head to indicate NO.

FWIW, I think a JTP test engineer would know if the Harrier wasn't BS-VI ready.

Quote:
It is simply a small box *cooled* with the car a/c. IMO generally not possible for condensation to form within the glove box power socket. Just my 2¢.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 29th November 2018 at 09:17.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 09:47   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I was curious & drove up to it near a signal & while simply showing it to my colleague, he asked the driver if the car was BS-VI. That guy didn't say a word but shook his head to indicate NO.

FWIW, I think a JTP test engineer would know if the Harrier wasn't BS-VI ready.

Being BS VI and being BS VI ready is different.
A engine developed as BS VI sold without a particulate filter should easily adhere to the current BS IV norms.
Closer to 31 March 20 they may start adding the filter.
Currently Bharat Benz trucks are doing the same ie selling BS VI engines without the particulate filter.

A BS VI engine today will only clog the filter due to quality of Diesel today.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 11:42   #1677
BHPian

Fellow enthusiasts, here comes a major disappointment for some of us

Quote:
If you're an off-road enthusiast and have been waiting for the launch of the Tata Harrier, we have some bad news for you - Tata's new SUV will not be offered with all-wheel drive, at least not in the near future.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...CGqZ5qB8xYhYxY
ralto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 11:52   #1678
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Autocar now says the JLR platform and FCA engine is not compatible for an AWD set-up.
And a hydraulic steering, not electric! Now the low cost is beginning to make sense! I hope these reports are wrong, cause a fancy shape and leather seats alone aren't going to sell this car.
R_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 12:24   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
And a hydraulic steering, not electric! Now the low cost is beginning to make sense! I hope these reports are wrong, cause a fancy shape and leather seats alone aren't going to sell this car.
There's nothing wrong or cheap about a hydraulic power steering. If you had read the previous messages in this thread, you would have come across the mods praising a similar steering and wish they use the same in the Harrier. To complete the picture, there's nothing fancy about an electric power steering either, unless you want a feather light steering.
prakash_ajp is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 12:30   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
There's nothing wrong or cheap about a hydraulic power steering. If you had read the previous messages in this thread, you would have come across the mods praising a similar steering and wish they use the same in the Harrier. To complete the picture, there's nothing fancy about an electric power steering either, unless you want a feather light steering.

Exactly, on the contrary I wouldn't buy Harrier if it comes with EPS (akin to the ones in Hyundai's and Suzuki's ). These SUVs deserve Hydraulic or worst case EPAS tuned to get heavier with Speed. Loved the steering in earlier TATA cars and hope they don't change it this time around.
v6kgang is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks