Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2018, 16:34   #1936
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Looking at the sneak peek videos that have been leaked by the houses i can see
  • AC has manual controls too, the way it should always be.
  • The cabin seems to be not as wide as the dimension suggests. This is with the Nexon too whose rear seat is not as wide as the exterior suggests!
  • The window controls seem to be back lit, but you never know what happens to them in an year from now, going by the thread with Tata's new found penchant for feature deletion
  • The speedometer needle has a sweet kink on it !
  • The loading lip looks terribly high !
Disclaimer : Tata fanboy here !

Last edited by coldice4u : 4th December 2018 at 16:38.
coldice4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:37   #1937
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
One of the USPs I thought was, space, space and more space.
But now after hearing that rear seat is good for 2 and boot is 450 litres I doubt if it holds true. I wonder where all that exterior space went away.
I would hold on to the 2 seater or 3 seater rear bench seat debate till we get a detailed review. These things are not easy to deduce from a few photographs. The Harrier is only 6mm narrower than the Hexa and so I would be very surprised if the rear bench is not a proper 3 seater.

Regarding the boot space, I wonder if the announced number of 425L is only for under the parcel shelf!
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:43   #1938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
The Harrier is only 6mm narrower than the Hexa and so I would be very surprised if the rear bench is not a proper 3 seater.
The vehicle is quite wide, and the seat looks sufficiently wide for 3. However, the contours of the middle seat dont make it look as comfortable as the side seats. The arm-rest is going to add to this.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:49   #1939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The vehicle is quite wide, and the seat looks sufficiently wide for 3. However, the contours of the middle seat dont make it look as comfortable as the side seats. The arm-rest is going to add to this.
Agreed. But does that not apply to the rear bench of the Hexa or the Safari as well. However those are never called 2 - seater benches!
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:52   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post

Nod to the Make in India campaign, with the Royal Lion on the front headlamps. Why is it looking back though!

Attachment 1824833

That's the easter egg - I think. Like the 3 elephants in the Tiago glovebox and the 2 tigers on the Nexon rear windscreen... one of those touches of Pratap Bose...
Dr.Suraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 17:07   #1941
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

So there are 2 colours:
1) Orange
2) If you don't like orange there is a Non orange range of shades.

Good effort overall.

XZ is the variant to get.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 17:19   #1942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutlander View Post
"get themselves attached to another object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis" by some stupid decisions.
That took some visualisation for me to understand.
The things people come up with to avoid censorship!!
Ferruccio is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 17:30   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutlander View Post
That said, my money would still be on Tata lest they "get themselves attached to another object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis" by some stupid decisions.
Ingenious! The best post in all of TBHP after our Yeti

I am going to wait to see where the long term/1 year ownership reviews take me before I plonk my money.

Was there not a statement somewhere saying the Aria would be stopped once BS 6 engines start coming in? If I am wrong, the pricing leak makes it to be a overlap with Hexa which sounds absurd from sales and marketing point of view. IMHO, this car either replaces Hexa or is placed above or below it.
Old 4th December 2018, 17:44   #1944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Agreed. But does that not apply to the rear bench of the Hexa or the Safari as well. However those are never called 2 - seater benches!
They may not be called so, but my Storme's centre seat has not-so-comfortable contours, and the arm rest is like all other vehicles - does not allow a good back-rest.

The Aria/Hexa, like the Storme - has good lateral space, but again the contours are typical. I wish the companies take some pain to reduce the discomfort in this seat.
condor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 18:03   #1945
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Manish Sharma for pointing this out. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Odo reading is 256449 if I read it correctly. I could not find any other image with such high ODO readings.
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-image.png

Source: Rushlane
blackwasp is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 18:15   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Source: Rushlane
In the link you provided they are saying this:

Quote:
Barking is via disc brakes in the front, and drum at the rear.
This must be patented imho!

I should check with my dog when it barks the next time for disks in the front and the drums at the back... I know it is a typo but this just got me.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 4th December 2018 at 18:17.
AlphaKilo is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 18:17   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
They may not be called so, but my Storme's centre seat has not-so-comfortable contours, and the arm rest is like all other vehicles - does not allow a good back-rest.

The Aria/Hexa, like the Storme - has good lateral space, but again the contours are typical. I wish the companies take some pain to reduce the discomfort in this seat.
Absolutely agree with you there. In an ideal world, we would have three properly contoured seats. However, I guess even the full size SUVs (by Indian road standards) just do not have the width to allow that).
Old 4th December 2018, 18:24   #1948
BANNED

Tata Motors plans large-scale overhaul of its sales network

http://<br /> https://economictimes....w/66934948.cms

Last few posts make for some funny reading. Why are people deciding on models which are not yet launched? Also am I the only person who feels that in spite of some excellent social media hype and interest generated, the suspense is getting boring and over - stretched?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 18:26   #1949
BHPian

One can probably forgive Tata for the lack of AT - maybe they weren't able to procure an effective auto-transmission in time or maybe they have some weird marketing strategy behind it (God knows what's that though ).

But how would they explain the relatively bland paint schemes, missing dual tone options, insipid alloys and the lack of a panoramic sunroof (bummer for a lot of people)?

The Harrier is awe-inspiring all right, but they could have made it 'literally jaw-dropping'.

But then, maybe I am asking for too much.

BTW, does anyone know what make are the tyres?
Old 4th December 2018, 18:31   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Tata Motors plans large-scale overhaul of its sales network
Thanks! Here's an interesting snippet from the ET article about price hike:

Quote:
"We are in a double jeopardy. On one hand, input costs have gone up, and secondly sales have been declining. We want to grow on a sustainable basis. Because of this we will have to take a call on this in the second half of this month," he added.
rovingeye is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks