Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2018, 09:12   #2386
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Mostly photoshop, not photographed if you look closer. They wheels, tyres etc lack any detail as compared to the rest of the image.

Looks sweet nevertheless.
"Mostly" ? @CD - it is

For others: guys, chill: that is just a christmas card. Not even an advert. And no way part of a brochure.
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 10:12   #2387
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Pratap Bose tweets Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Attachment 1829919

Attachment 1829918
Heights of photoshopping. In a front wheel drive car, the rear wheel is spinning madly
AirbusCapt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 11:29   #2388
Team-BHP Support

AutocarIndia interview with Guenter Butscheck, MD, TATA Motors regarding the Harrier.

PS: Get ready to listen to a lot of 'cost' discussions and 'premium' discussions.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 12:23   #2389
BANNED

Suddenly most in Team-bhp has become 4WD enthusiasts who are hardcore off-road enthusiasts! Tata Storme sales barely touches 500 every month, even with a 4x4! I have to doubt that the real intention is not the unavailability of 4WD, but wanting to find a reason to bash Tata motors. How many of the 4WD owners use it for serious off roading , other than using it for bragging. I have a cousin who is into serious off-roading stuff and 99% of us won’t even dare to take our vehicles into such territories.

Heck I have many colleagues and friends who own Fortuner and Endeavour 4x4 which have never seen anything other than tarmac! When you ask them, why did you buy a 4WD, the response is, it helps to travel in broken roads!!! Really? I have driven across most type of roads and I’m yet to find a broken road that needs a 4WD. Let’s not bring in Monocoque vs Ladder on frame discussions.

The bashing has become too much, now leave the substandard Harrier to ordinary mortals, who just need a pseudo SUV. Those who need proper 4WD , would have come to understand that Harrier is not for them, just get an XUV, Isuzu MU-X , Tata Storme... please instead of repeating the 4WD. I don’t know how many will be wanting a BMW like driver experience from Harrier now. Harrier isn’t going to satisfy the needs of everyone out there, period! Is it so difficult to accept? Move on guys, lets spare Tata.
The Rationalist is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 13:04   #2390
BHPian

A look at the underbody of the Harrier.

Last edited by damodar : 23rd December 2018 at 13:11.
damodar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 13:12   #2391
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Suddenly most in Team-bhp has become 4WD enthusiasts who are hardcore off-road enthusiasts!
Is it so difficult to accept? Move on guys, lets spare Tata.
Calm down buddy. I clearly remember you having figured this out earlier in your post, just that it was another product, another brand. Infact, nothing more to add to the below -

Quote:
I don’t understand why do owners get upset at genuine criticism! I own a Ford Aspire and it has lot of short comings like light build and poor parts quality. I don’t get hurt when someone is calling a spade a spade! Aspire was the best compromise for me, that doesn’t make it the best car by any means. Similarly Captur maybe the one for your needs, but please don’t bring to the table arguments like its the best SUV/ Crossover in the segment.

And please don’t be under the impression that all Indians except you are living under a rock, so as not to judge the worth of a car.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4357280 (The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs)

To me, personally - I see TATA has made many decisions about the mechanicals and features keeping the pricing in mind - and I'd be happy if the prices are inline with these! At this point, there's nothing much to discuss without knowing the prices too (For which I had already given my guesstimate so nothing more on that either).
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 13:23   #2392
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Calm down buddy. I clearly remember you having figured this out earlier in your post, just that it was another product, another brand.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4357280 (The Renault Captur SUV. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 9.99 lakhs)

To me, personally - I see TATA has made many decisions about the mechanicals and features keeping the pricing in mind
Don’t bring that Captur thing please. Renault tried to hoodwink Indians by trying to sell Captur as Kaptur. Tata has never said it’s giving you a Land Rover, they have stated the platfrom has been derived from JLR, which is true. And I don’t recollect anywhere Tata telling that Harrier will be having 4WD capabilities or they will launch one with 4WD. They haven’t told that the sheet metal would be of aluminium either. If one imagine things that’s his problem, not Tata’s.

What Renault did was a blatant lie to unsuspecting customers, how can one equate that to Harrier? Please enlighten me the similarity. I can’t find any remote possibility of Tata making up a lie to sell Harrier. I’m sure if Harrier had a Toyota badge, it would have sold at least double of what Tata would be able to sell.
The Rationalist is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 21:30   #2393
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the latest heartthrob in Bengaluru and it ticks all the boxes for me. It's got amazing presence and the comfort inside is just insane. Best thing I liked was the ingress for rear passengers, the height is just perfect! The rear seats are plush in very good leather. Infotainment systems are the hallmark of any Tata and this unit doesn't disappoint. If I have to choose a peeve it would be this; The steering unit should have been 'plusher' and more in sync with the rest. Hope they take majority feedback and change this quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_6233.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 23:44   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Pratap Bose tweets Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Attachment 1829919

Attachment 1829918
Thanks for sharing these pics. I can't see how RushLane is saying that this is a future Harrier 4x4 in action (source)

Quote:
Tata Harrier 4×4 taking on the snow – Wishes Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Ending the year on a high note, Tata Motors’ chief designer, Mr Pratap Bose has shared an interesting season’s greeting with all of us. It is a white Tata Harrier, loaded with accessories, and a 4×4 drive system. This image of Tata Harrier 4×4 taking on the snow; sums up the company’s amazing performance this year. Tata Motors also wishes Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

But wait a minute. At the media drive, Tata said that the Harrier will not be offered in 4×4, as there were not many buyers. But, with the latest image of Harrier 4×4 shared by Mr Bose, clearly shows a Harrier 4×4 in action. Does this mean that the Harrier 4×4 will be launched at a later date in India? We will have to wait and find out.

Harrier platform supports 4×4. It is powered by a 2.0 liter engine delivering 140 PS and 350 Nm via 6 speed MT. AT variant is going to be launched later. Currently, Tata Harrier is being showcased across major Indian cities. It will officially launch in Jan 2019, at an on-road price range of Rs 16-21 lakhs. Once launched, Harrier will take on the likes of Hyundai Creta, Mahindra XUV500 and Jeep Compass.
Old 24th December 2018, 00:47   #2395
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don’t bring that Captur thing please. Renault tried to hoodwink Indians by trying to sell Captur as Kaptur.
Your comments above were nothing related to this Captur incident which you mentioned, which incidentally was a thread started by me. So well aware of that topic.

Your comments were only about owners needing to learn to accept spades gracefully and accept how each person has his own right to value the worth of a car. Well spoken words, those!

Quote:
Please enlighten me the similarity.
Perhaps you should have read the context of your own posts before replying about something quite different. Anyways, cheers.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 02:17   #2396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Thanks for sharing these pics. I can't see how RushLane is saying that this is a future Harrier 4x4 in action
Now Rushlane is even reading too much in to a greeting card which a junior graphic designer would have inadvertently photoshopped?
Guna is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 07:48   #2397
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Sunny Gandhi for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Tata Harrier, "on the road" pictures from Mumbai
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_0095.jpeg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_0096.jpg
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 11:18   #2398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
The platform, interior class & quality, exterior styling, safety features, space and comfort, ride and handling - Tata has nailed it. Xz+ should come out soon, hopefully. Given compass and Creta history and trends, Harrier will sell very very well.
Very well put, this is for the first time I have my eyes set on a Tata vehicle (after a bad pre-purchase experience with the Indica back in 2001). Harrier looks to be a well fit and finished product and the last few years Tatas have shown the promise to come out the truck builder mentality.
Old 24th December 2018, 13:35   #2399
BHPian

Went for the Tata Harrier event yesterday in Bangalore. The event had a registration with a band being tied to the wrist to mark registered visitors.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-20181223_182042.jpg

Two Harriers were on display. My observations:-
  • In flesh the Harrier does not look that big as I was expecting probably due to its rather short stature
  • There is an air of quality around the product and a good amount of finishing and detailing
  • The engine seems to have quite some room around it and it did not appear closely packed in
  • The doorside bins are cavernous and have space for cellphone and 1l bottles
    Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-20181223_162604.jpg
  • The boot has another chamber split into two under the mat which are briefcase sized. This is apart from the area taken by the tools
  • In the drivers seat my only grouse was that unless you put your seat in the bottom most position the bottom of the console is in the way of your knee. This is especially true when you depress or release the clutch. This is a glaring irritant IMHO

I spoke with some guys manning the booth who were mostly from the event management company running the event and a few from the dealers. The Tata guys seemed to have all left by afternoon. There was this one know all guy who said automatic and AWD is likely to launch in the future and said the 7 seater is not launching anytime soon. He said they had very few enquiries for the 7 seater and he also claimed they got a lot of bookings. He claims the 16 to 21 lakhs figure was the actual only they have not officially announced it.

I also thought I would take a look on the underside. The underside of the Harrier has loads of free space in the rear and the transmission tunnel is currently occupied by the exhaust system with still room to spare. To me the omission of a 4x4 looked deliberate rather than constrained. I have attached some photos of the rear underside.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-20181223_161956.jpg
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-20181223_163007.jpg
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-20181223_163013.jpg
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-20181223_163033.jpg
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-20181223_163051.jpg
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-20181223_163136.jpg
nainan is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 16:07   #2400
BHPian

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 7907
Size:  15.4 KB

Tata Harrier to be officially launched on Jan 23rd.

Source
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed