Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 16:49   #2536
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

This maybe totally untrue and almost stupid of me to post here - given the unlikeliness of it happening- but a Tata dealership salesman told me the price at launch will be 9.99 lacs. I never believed him, and he kept an expression of you will regret.

I had gone to the local Tata dealership to evaluate the Tiago for a family friend.
rrsteer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 16:57   #2537
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
This maybe totally untrue and almost stupid of me to post here - given the unlikeliness of it happening- but a Tata dealership salesman told me the price at launch will be 9.99 lacs. I never believed him, and he kept an expression of you will regret.

I had gone to the local Tata dealership to evaluate the Tiago for a family friend.
Highly unlikely that 9.99 lacs will be the launch price. My feeling is that it will be 12.99 lacs starting price and going upto 16.99 for the highest model (ex showroom prices) Something like this:
XE 12.99
XM 14.49
XT 15.49
XZ 16.99
But this is just a guess from my side! Generally I have seen in past 3-4 launches that my guesses are within 30-40k of the actual launch price!
Behemoth is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 17:46   #2538
Senior - BHPian

I'm of the same opinion that this should be the pricing band, since going up would endanger sales. Going down will endanger Nexon which is riding strong. 9.99 lacs is a day dream, and I'd like to snort what he is snorting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
XE 12.99, XM 14.49, XT 15.49, XZ 16.99

(30-40k of the actual launch price)
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 18:10   #2539
BHPian

Finally saw the TataHARRIER at its Preview In Hyderabad on 6th Sunday.

Here are few of My Observations on its Exterior & Interiors..

1. The Front of the Harrier felt 'Bold & Muscular'- the way a SUV should be, looks much Better than in the Pictures.

2. The Side Proportions of it 'Felt so Right'- starting from its Bonnets length, Its decent Height(which adds an easy In-gress & Out-gress through it) & the Finely Sculptured Rear (the Black Gloss Tail-Light panel & Shark-fin, adds to its Sportiness)

3. The Interiors Fit & Finish was a Surprise. It Felt very 'Up-Market & Luxurious' yet Sporty!

4. The Driver's Seat was very Commanding with good Manual Adjustments, The clear view of the Bonnet corners added to its SUVish feel.

5. The Interior Ergonomics was 'Just Simply Right', there was no knee-rub discomfort nor the drivers leg room was narrow. The Side Mirror & the A-pillar didn't hampered the Vision-lines much either.

6. The Rear Seating was really Comfortable with good under thigh support, though the absence of Rear Inclination felt Missing.

7. The 8" Floating Touch-Screen Visibility was Good with decent touch Response, so was the 5" instrument cluster display Visibility.

8. Harrier did gave Us Smile with its Muscular yet Sophisticated Exteriors & Up-Market Interiors feel. Felt like.. It was in a League of its Own!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190106_174100.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190106_180940_hdr.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190106_180225_hdr.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190106_175053_hdr.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190106_175333_hdr.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190106_175126_hdr.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190106_175234_hdr.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190106_175859_hdr.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190106_180915_hdr.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190106_181636_hdr.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 18:13   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
This maybe totally untrue and almost stupid of me to post here - given the unlikeliness of it happening- but a Tata dealership salesman told me the price at launch will be 9.99 lacs.
May be partially true, who knows.

Did some price checking of Creta E Plus 1.6 P, S 1.4 CRDI and S AT 1.6 CRDI. They range from INR 9.99 - INR 13.28 Ex - Showroom.

I believe Harrier will sit right in between them starting the base model at INR 11.635.

Any thing above this may lure the customer to other showrooms.

-PK
pk_del is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 18:56   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Highly unlikely that 9.99 lacs will be the launch price.
XE 12.99
XM 14.49
XT 15.49
XZ 16.99
But this is just a guess from my side! Generally I have seen in past 3-4 launches that my guesses are within 30-40k of the actual launch price!
We should not forget that the XZ extra features list is almost as long as XE, XM, XT features put together, which would mean that the difference between XZ and XT cannot be only 1.5L. Taking 16.99L for XZ would mean XT should be somewhere around 13.99L, which makes XE very much possible @ 9.99 -10.99L range. Plus Nexon XZ+ (diesel) is around 9.85L, so that might serve as a good starting point.

Last edited by enzo10 : 8th January 2019 at 19:04. Reason: additional info
Old 8th January 2019, 19:00   #2542
BHPian

170 pages; ~2500 posts; >2.3 million hits and the Harrier Conundrum still lives

The vibe I get get thus far is:
1. Superb execution of the interiors and exteriors but it has it's share of some fit-and-finish issues (mostly minor)

2. Couple of minor ergonomic issues.

3. Weighted positives > weighted negatives. And therefore, it should be a value proposition (too early to comment on that)

At this point though, I don't think much can be added to the discussion. The million-dollar variable is still the price- the one point we have all argued on. A LOT . And the wait for 23rd seems a bit too long.

OT: And Tata Motors Limited, I beg you, implore you, plead you, beseech you - please show us another shade of the Harrier. The orange overdose is now giving me conjunctivitis.

Last edited by mroutlander : 8th January 2019 at 19:04. Reason: Minor correction
mroutlander is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 19:45   #2543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
. Many others including this video share similar details.

:
This is the most useless critic video ever seen. The guy in the video is pointing out stupid observations like why the shape of a dashboard is like this, why the doorshut line is different, why there are stains on the roofline? C'mon man even 4 cr. Rolls Royce can get stains on the interior. thats not Tatas fault. They have designed the car in their own design language and peaple are Loving it. Just because it is Tata car, people start over observing things and point out useless observations.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th January 2019 at 20:22. Reason: Removing YouTube URL from quoted post (repetition).
tushky is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 19:55   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
This is the most useless critic video ever seen. The guy in the video is pointing out stupid observations like why the shape of a dashboard is like this, why the doorshut line is different, why there are stains on the roofline? C'mon man even 4 cr. Rolls Royce can get stains on the interior. thats not Tatas fault. They have designed the car in their own design language and peaple are Loving it. Just because it is Tata car, people start over observing things and point out useless observations.
That chap is funny. Even in YouTube comments people are criticizing him for his foolish review. This same reviewer was going Gaga on the Syntex water tank plastics of the new Xuv saying it has leather clad interiors

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th January 2019 at 05:53. Reason: Let's tone down the name-calling. Everyone is entitled to their opinion in a fair manner.
AirbusCapt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 20:03   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
That chap is funny. Even in YouTube comments people are criticizing him for his foolish review. This same reviewer was going Gaga on the Syntex water tank plastics of the new Xuv saying it has leather clad interiors
He may have exaggerated things a bit and used blunt language, but unfortunately most of his observations are genuine. Now, whether his observations matter or not depends on the person. I personally feel that calling out such lapses will help the manufacture to fix them eventually and make the product perfect.
It is OT but the new XUV does have the 'leather wrapped' interior (door pad, dash etc). They have tried to hide the plastic beneath on the parts which are most visible and which come in contact with the body.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th January 2019 at 05:54. Reason: Edited quoted post.
Guna is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 21:02   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
This maybe totally untrue and almost stupid of me to post here - given the unlikeliness of it happening- but a Tata dealership salesman told me the price at launch will be 9.99 lacs.
I won't be surprised. The base version is surprisingly bare bones. Tata does need some shock and awe to kick start the sales and build up steam. Nothing like offering such a mouthwatering introductory pricing.
ihrishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 22:10   #2547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
He may have exaggerated things a bit and used blunt language, but unfortunately most of his observations are genuine. Now, whether his observations matter or not depends on the person. I personally feel that calling out such lapses will help the manufacture to fix them eventually and make the product perfect.
Listening to some of his points like the roof line, sun glass holder etc., there's no way I will look at this as a constructive points. Looks like he had something bad to say about pretty much every single thing in the car.

And he is talking as though 20L is a lot of money these days. Why should a rubber bush be of best quality as long as it does the job? Just because Tata is talking about pedigree and LR inspired design etc., doesn't mean that they will provide a car in the same league as a Land Rover in every aspect. And I agree with AirbusCapt and tushky about this fellow and his video.

Last edited by prakash_ajp : 8th January 2019 at 22:11.
prakash_ajp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 23:13   #2548
BHPian

Received this gift from Hartron Motors on New Year (for Harrier booking). Nice gesture
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_3149.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_3148.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_3147.jpg  

shashankjain16 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 23:44   #2549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
The guy in the video who you've referred to, is me.
A quick search on the forum could possibly help you have a better opinion. Just like you were entitled to an opinion about the car, and about me; it was the same for me.

Coming to the point, about the Harrier.

Well, I have posted more, where I have called an apple and apple. Credit where due, is given. The Harrier is a very, very overpromoted vehicle. The pre-launch campaigns have been blown out of proportion, and most definitely, when you walk in for the Harrier, you will be convinced (by the salesman) that you are buying a Land Rover.

It is a car which might be 90% there, but this video surely highlights the rest 10% which many users will consider. It might not be a big problem for some, but for others, it does matter. To me, it does matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It is OT but the new XUV does have the 'leather wrapped' interior (door pad, dash etc). They have tried to hide the plastic beneath on the parts which are most visible and which come in contact with the body.
Thank you, Guna. But not everybody takes it in the right way. This I highlighted even after the post review conversation with the brand, and things were accepted. Just because a car hasn't reached the masses, and ownership reviews are not out, a keyboard warrior will surely have things to say. Like the previous two quoted posts have said, Youtube has been full of such comments. But then, what you see, you can't say that you've not seen it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
And he is talking as though 20L is a lot of money these days. Why should a rubber bush be of best quality as long as it does the job? Just because Tata is talking about pedigree and LR inspired design etc., doesn't mean that they will provide a car in the same league as a Land Rover in every aspect. And I agree with AirbusCapt and tushky about this fellow and his video.
Is it not? Well, let's wait for ownership reviews of the Harrier. And we can connect in private messages.

Meanwhile, the Tata Hexa has been recalled for a engine head replacement.

To each, his own...
PEACE!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th January 2019 at 05:55. Reason: Edited quoted post + the name-calling. Everyone is entitled to their opinion in a fair manner.
parrys is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 07:49   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Meanwhile, the Tata Hexa has been recalled for a engine head replacement.
How's that relevant to what we are discussing now? What are you trying to convey?
prakash_ajp is offline   (13) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks