Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2019, 14:36   #2581
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

The Engine Head Recall/Replacement thread and the subsequent reply from TATA through mail to GTO proves that TATA is going through every single page in Team-bhp!
So let me also chip in which means its going to be yet another reply similar to those among the last 10-15 pages - No concrete information, just keeping the conversation flowing and having a wishful request to TATA.

Now, my wildest, strangest theory which has no logic and no reasoning is this:
TATA is going to surprise us with a Automatic launch as well on 23rd. I am not saying that they are ready with deliveries. But i think the might just give us a proper date/week for delivery and proper price range as well just to ensure that they don't lose prospective customers and this will be much before the H7X or X451. If this happens, it might be the best kept secret of 2019.
How's that for a wishful thinking
RaghuVis is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 16:28   #2582
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

If Tata is indeed launching a half baked product, as some of the reviews suggest, they are committing a huge blunder.

First impressions are everything. They make or break a product. And there won't be a second chance. Indica V2 was a huge success, but even V1 was a big success. If Harrier V1 bombs, Harrier V2 with seven seats and AT is not going to save it.

They should put this launch on hold, fix all the issues, add the third row, add AT and launch it in 2020. Nobody will die waiting another year.
Old 10th January 2019, 17:53   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
If Tata is indeed launching a half baked product, as some of the reviews suggest, they are committing a huge blunder.

First impressions are everything. They make or break a product. And there won't be a second chance. Indica V2 was a huge success, but even V1 was a big success. If Harrier V1 bombs, Harrier V2 with seven seats and AT is not going to save it.

They should put this launch on hold, fix all the issues, add the third row, add AT and launch it in 2020. Nobody will die waiting another year.
I don't know how you concluded that Harrier is a "Half Baked" product from those reviews.

The reviews looked into some of the fair share of niggles, which can very well be ironed out to make Harrier a even more appealing prospect.
Nowhere the reviewers mentioned it had a serious mechanical,quality & ergonomic issues which would translate it into being a half baked one.
Car Architect is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 18:23   #2584
BHPian

Why is a product which yet to be launched referred as "Half Baked"?

And I don't understand why the 'rumoured' head replacement in Hexa which is OT is being talked about.

If Harrier can score 5 stars in the crash rating, which it will considering the Nexon has, I would probably overlook the niggles quoted in this thread.

I think we can overlook the minor niggles for a safer car, no?

Most of those criticising TATA here for the lack of attention to detail haven't commented on the Nexon 5 Star thread which is a commendable achievement from TATA. Doesn't this show that there is a bias against TATA?

Why?

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 10th January 2019 at 18:45.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 18:34   #2585
BHPian

My 2 cents on 'Half Baked' remarks.

What if Harrier is never targeted / meant for ONLY India?
I see lot of potential for this car in European market and by launching it here first they will come to know first-hand experiences and niggles if any.
Then after ironing those out a perfect product would be launched for Europe (where they are now struggling with JLR) and around same time India will get its 7-seat variant.

Remember any recipe is always a half-baked recipe before it turns into a full baked, mouth-watering recipe.

Just a wild thought.
Old 10th January 2019, 19:32   #2586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
What’s with this Orange obsession by the two desi manufacturers Royal Enfield and TML? I wonder if there is a discount on this paint shade.

OT: And Tata Motors Limited, I beg you, implore you, plead you, beseech you - please show us another shade of the Harrier. The orange overdose is now giving me conjunctivitis.
In the Interest of our Community..

Ive tried to foresee the White HARRIER
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-k1-1.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-k1-2a.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 20:51   #2587
BHPian

OT:- This forum is supposedly the most democratic car community available, but still we have "reviewers" who says Tata has come up with a half baked product, Tata will never be as good as other manufacturers! In this digital age, any keyboard warrior or vlogger can influence thousands of people with their judgement. May be the reviewers should be looked much more scrutinized.

About Harrier, I have booked one eagerly waiting for the launch, there isn't a perfect product as far a AMC and EW exist I will gladly keep it running and thereafter too. Looks fantastic, apart from the Land Rover mumbo jumbo and some panel gaps it should be good.
RevJ is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 23:49   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Highly unlikely that 9.99 lacs will be the launch price. My feeling is that it will be 12.99 lacs starting price and going upto 16.99 for the highest model (ex showroom prices) Something like this:
XE 12.99
XM 14.49
XT 15.49
XZ 16.99
But this is just a guess from my side! Generally I have seen in past 3-4 launches that my guesses are within 30-40k of the actual launch price!
Assuming the Kicks top model comes out to be around 14 lakhs (ex showroom), would you prefer the Harrier XM over it? Why?

Last edited by sdaityari : 11th January 2019 at 00:03.
Old 11th January 2019, 05:52   #2589
BANNED

Quote:

Now to the Harrier, it is a product that shall be loathed or loved, might, might not succeed, there is 1 thing that in all probability blows a death knell in the Indian Automobile sector, the pricing, that shall hold the key on the numbers that it rings in. Product wise the 50+% market shareholder has not had anything close to this since 1983, leaving the CKD's/CBU's apart.

Harrier and XUV3OO are phenomenal home grown products and we should be appreciative, rather than being demeaning and detrimental about them.

Last edited by SDP : 11th January 2019 at 08:01. Reason: No need to get personal. There are better ways to get your point across.
Torquedo is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th January 2019, 06:43   #2590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, Tata is building Harrier thru the Lego route. Sure, they can easily just add a 3rd row and AT like how you build a Lego and then just flush all the money down the drain and wait till 2020.

How do so many of the folks conclude things so easily? There is a lot of feedback of the Harrier, especially in our forum, and also many reviews from auto magazines and journalists. Almost all of them seem to state that the product is good, albeit a few niggles and complaints on certain features or aspects of the car. Which car has satisfied 100 percent of the consumers? None!

And you need to see the car in real world, at a dealer ship, take a test drive, review the price when announced and then come back to your handheld device to genuinely state something like half baked product or not.

You do not have to like the product, but do not spread negativity without proper analysis. Your views and thoughts are always welcome, but not some random statements.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 07:36   #2591
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to put this “half-baked product” conversation to rest, once and for all...

This was what I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Jalsa77’s Hexa engine head recall thread has already raised alarms in my head. But parrys’ “small but important things” video post has cemented the belief that perhaps this isn’t a fully baked premium offering from Tata yet. Which isn’t particularly a deal-breaker, but it’s always good to know what one is walking into.
The immediate response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Equally OT, but, what's your opinion on some of his concerns like the roof line being susceptible to dirt? How is one supposed to take that one seriously? When talking about half baked products for the sake of everybody's understanding, it will be good to know the reference point for a fully baked product.
The nuance is totally lost when people interpret a comment a certain way and then fixate on their interpretation rather than what was actually said. It may (arguably) make for great prime time TV news but has no place in a civilised forum discussion on Team BHP.

Last edited by noopster : 11th January 2019 at 07:38.
noopster is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 07:51   #2592
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Moderator Note: BHPian Parrys' video has been discussed enough. Now, let's move on please.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 07:53   #2593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaityari View Post
Assuming the Kicks top model comes out to be around 14 lakhs (ex showroom), would you prefer the Harrier XM over it? Why?
I haven't seen either car yet and will need to see them both in reality before I take that call! I am on the lookout for a new car to replace our Laura which is 7 years old now. But I am looking for a diesel automatic within 15 lacs and none of these cars offer that yet and the only available option is Creta, which our family is not too keen on. Between the Kicks at 14Lacs (top model) and the Harrier XM at 14 Lacs I would still buy the Kicks as it has more finesse and the quality would be more reliable. The Harrier in its 5 seater avatar does not offer too much over the kicks. If it were a 7 seater , then I would have gone for the Harrier instead at the same price.
Old 11th January 2019, 09:08   #2594
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I think I'm in a better position to answer the query as I have experienced both products. Harrier sports better interiors than Kicks and is really plush. The engine is 2 Liter from Fiat, so punchier. (The 1.3, is the national engine - as you know). The steel strength, as measured by the weight of its bonnet, is unparalleled in Harrier (I couldn't pull it up easily). Sales and service wise, I'd go with Tata than Nissan - right now. Nissan's future in India is anybody's guess. So why are you inclined towards Kicks is what I really am curious about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I would still buy the Kicks as it has more finesse
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 09:46   #2595
Distinguished - BHPian

In the meantime, JLR seems to have moved on to the next generation platform beyond D8, which underpins the new Range River Evoque. This will soon make its way into the next Gen Discovery sport, ensuring Tata Motors India is working only with a legacy JLR platform and not a current one🤔
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1547180050178.jpg  

84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks