Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2019, 13:29   #2731
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Im sure TataHARRIER will be a Run-Away Hit, only by Its Design!

*Pricing should be right though, my Guess is the Base model-Diesel will start from 10.99-11.99 lakh onwards

Last edited by kalleo4 : 22nd January 2019 at 13:41.
kalleo4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 13:31   #2732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
Had received three calls from Tata after expressing interest on their website. First came from mumbai, felt like a proper PR agency, gave information about launch date and when asked about priced they said the same as that it would in 16-21 L range. Then call came twice from dealer one is to confirm TD request, they said they would get in touch when the TD vehicles is available by weekend, but they bluntly said they cant bring the TD vehicles to site and requested to visit their showroom. Then came another call asking if I would like to book the harrier from the same dealer. Thing to note is the premium feel went down as soon as the dealer communication started, TATA please take note and do have proper trained personnel at all levels if you want to sell a premium product at a premium price tag.
While i agree on the lack of professionalism and knowledge of the showroom folks (handful of them), i would have to disagree on criticizing them for not being able to get the TD car 'on site'.

Its a newly launched model and would take more time for showrooms to receive additional TD cars for them to cater to the demands of bringing a car home. I had to wait for nearly 3 months to have the Hexa demo car brought home to check the parking space.

AFAIK, it would be the same with other manufacturers as well with regards to a newly launched car. The showrooms would be packed with prospects and getting to drive the car in the showroom itself will be a challenge, let alone them bringing it to you!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 22nd January 2019 at 13:48. Reason: Minor formatting for improved readability
abhi7013 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 14:00   #2733
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
While i agree on the lack of professionalism and knowledge of the showroom folks (handful of them), i would have to disagree on criticizing them for not being able to get the TD car 'on site'.

Its a newly launched model and would take more time for showrooms to receive additional TD cars for them to cater to the demands of bringing a car home. I had to wait for nearly 3 months to have the Hexa demo car brought home to check the parking space.

AFAIK, it would be the same with other manufacturers as well with regards to a newly launched car. The showrooms would be packed with prospects and getting to drive the car in the showroom itself will be a challenge, let alone them bringing it to you!
The emphasis is not on the unavailability of onsite TD car, it is the way it's expressed. It is more of an overall experience you get over the call when compared with some other brands like Hyundai, Skoda or even Ford based on my personal experience.

Last edited by SDP : 22nd January 2019 at 19:31. Reason: Grammar and typos
Th!ru is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 17:21   #2734
BHPian

Well. The moment of truth is finally upon us. Tomorrow will decide Tata's short term success/failure in India. Maybe some hearts will break tomorrow or maybe Tata will hit it out of the park.

Either way, wishing Tata Motors lots of luck!
rovingeye is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 19:11   #2735
BHPian

The launch seems to be streaming live on the Harrier website tomorrow at 12

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrierlaunch.jpg

source
nainan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 20:34   #2736
BHPian

All the Best Tata.

Guessing my intuition saysBase variant starts at 11.99 introductory and top variant 15.99

Have some fun and let's see how close we can go
Old 22nd January 2019, 20:50   #2737
BHPian

Just saw a white Harrier on the Eastern Express Highway (Chheda nagar junction to be precise). Looked superb on the road! Great road presence and white shade looked stunning. Stood out in the traffic.
driveanddrive is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 20:51   #2738
BHPian

Finally we are very close to knowing the last unknown, the price!!!

One thing for sure, TATA has a winner in their hands. I am proud of TATA for what they have been delivering for last few years, to be precise from Zest onwards.

There is lot of interest in our very own forum, even though there are some instances of negative vibes. Partly this is due to the ever increasing expectations from TATA. This constructive criticism will be definitely help TATA and auto industry future in India.

My expectation/guess on pricing is 10.99L, which may be for very limited period. My only request to TATA is to add some basic features to base model, even with price increase (I know about the feature deletion thread on TATA cars ). I can't see such a sexy premium car being sold in such barebones state.
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:18   #2739
BHPian

First, Wishing all the success to the TATA.

I hope the Harrier would open up new horizons and be the choice for the common man as well as enthusiasts.

However, TATA should really act upon few things first:

- Provide the demo cars to all dealerships as early as possible. As mentioned by another BHPian, they have demo cars ready in their factory. That is good news.
- They need to improve upon dealership premises and provide a premium feel to at least harrier customers. Does anybody know, the situation regarding this aspect?
- Enhance pre-sale dealership experience. IMO, this will take time. We need to be liberal at least in this regard.

Last, I wish the product to be too good that it would not fall behind due to its price. Fingers crossed.

Exciting times ahead!

Cheers!
RedStallion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2019, 21:33   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Expect to sit through 30-40 minutes of marketing/design jargon before the Tata executives get to the point..... i.e the price!

The verbal foreplay at every Tata launch has been a buzzkill, hopefully a surprise pricing makes up for it.
shortbread is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 00:24   #2741
Senior - BHPian

I am travelling today so will miss the live streaming. Still, need to make a prediction for the pricing.
12.99lac base
17.99lac top.

Let's see if Tata can surprise us. Will be doing a TD first thing when I am back by Monday.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 03:55   #2742
Senior - BHPian

All the best to Tata, hope the prices surprise us (in a positive vein of course).
Came across this vlog from MotorOctane where he very confidently mentions that the Hyundai AT for Harrier will not be a 6 speed one that has been commonly understood but a 7 speed AT. No mention on the type of AT though.

Hyundai offer has a 7 speed AT in DCT guise and not a regular Torque Converter. If this is true then I am positively surprised.

What I could glean from this vlog:
1. 7 speed AT and not 6 speed
2. Diwali 2019 timeframe along with the H7X
3. Will be launched only in mid to top variants
4. Additional top end variants will be launched that will offer sunroof et al

I need a moment to digest all this ...
Old 23rd January 2019, 09:15   #2743
BHPian

I am guessing 11.99 for Base and 15.99 for the Top-end variant. Even with Automatic (coming later) they cannot position the price beyond 22 lakhs on-road, to be competitive against compass and XUV..

Well, Just couple of hours and we will know the numbers... Hope Tata doesn't get greedy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Still, need to make a prediction for the pricing.
12.99lac base
17.99lac top.

Old 23rd January 2019, 09:36   #2744
Senior - BHPian

Finally the day is here. Wishing all the best to TATA.

Since the Harrier brochure already shows CRETA as a competition, guess we can pretty much expect the base Harrier to undercut/match base Creta 1.6 CRDi. Now the lowest available 1.6 diesel model for creta is S AT priced at 13.2L ex-showroom delhi. If we remove the 1.6L premium which Hyundai charges for AT variant(Reference SX 1.6 CRDi in Manual and AT) , the price for manual S 1.6 CRDi would be 11.6L ex-showroom(agreed Hyundai doesn't offer that but just for numbers sake). So, I have a strong intuition TATA would go ahead and price the Harrier base at max 11.99L ex-showroom for that sticker price bragging rights

Top variant of CRETA is priced at 15.1 L ex-showroom delhi. If harrier can match that , nothing like it but I guess they will try to keep it under 16L(15.99L to be precise).

All the build up about 16-21L OTR all this time which was spread by Tata themselves, I believe is to keep the expectations in check. Once they price it below that automatically it becomes a VFM proposition. Either ways am expecting this thread to go wild today

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd January 2019 at 09:40.
SoumenD is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 09:41   #2745
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe there is a law of competitive pricing under which a company cannot price a product below cost price (at loss) even to gain market share. I think fiat ran into trouble for doing that for either Uno or Palio. So there would be a specific lowest introductory pricing that is legally permissible. I think development cost is excluded in this computation.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks