Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:16   #2746
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am travelling today so will miss the live streaming. Still, need to make a prediction for the pricing.
12.99lac base
17.99lac top.

Let's see if Tata can surprise us. Will be doing a TD first thing when I am back by Monday.
Your guess seems to be quite realistic, but majority expectations here are less than Rs 11L starting price.
My guess will be Rs 12L to 17L which will top out between Rs 19 to 19.5L on road. News of Rs 21L on-raod floating around I hope is for AT variant coming in future. Lets see.
Old 23rd January 2019, 10:26   #2747
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I believe there is a law of competitive pricing under which a company cannot price a product below cost price (at loss) even to gain market share.
I believe you are referring to predatory pricing. As per the law this applies only if the enterprise is the single dominant enterprise in the business area. If there is more than one dominant enterprises(like Uber & Ola) or if the enterprise is not dominant then the law does not apply.

source

Thus in the Harriers case this will not apply even if the cost price was higher but in this case looking at the pricing of the Hexa/Safari or Nexon and the fact that the Harrier production line is much more automated there is no chance that any pricing mentioned here is below the cost.

Quote:

I think fiat ran into trouble for doing that for either Uno or Palio. So there would be a specific lowest introductory pricing that is legally permissible. I think development cost is excluded in this computation.
I cannot find a reference but the Fiat issue IIRC was that they priced the Palio at a cost below what was declared during import and applied the sales tax against the selling price while the government contended that even if they wanted to offer a discount the sales tax had to be against the cost price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Your guess seems to be quite realistic, but majority expectations here are less than Rs 11L starting price
The starting and top end pricing expectation is purely relating to their other offerings from the Nexon to the Safari and Hexa. On most parameters the Harrier sits between the Hexa/Safari and the Nexon except the "pedigree/platform" aspect which translates to the floor pan, front suspension and air conditioning system. So expecting a price which matches/is lesser than the Safari Storme's(10.72 lakhs) sounds reasonable to me.

Last edited by nainan : 23rd January 2019 at 10:35.
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:00   #2748
BHPian

I believe the bare-bone Harrier will start with an introductory price of 9.99 (at least for name sake which may not have any takers) and the top end at 16.99. There will be a separate pricing strategy for Automatic variants.
Superleggera is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:00   #2749
BHPian

I think, Tata might be pricing it less as compared to tentative price (16-21 on road) to make it a VFM proposition. They need to keep price less to accommodate for auto box in future and be competitive with XUV which is a 7 seater.
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:01   #2750
BHPian

Well, the price announcement is nearly upon us. Itching to chime in with some speculation myself. Did some math a while back while discussing it with a friend (the usual, Tata - their other products' positioning, history, the Creta and what Hyundai offers).

I would guess at no higher than 10.99 for the base variant. Places with lower road tax (Delhi, MP etc - not the likes of Pondicherry), should have the XM come in at 15L OTR. XM and XZ are the variants which make sense to me.

If anyone can come in with a 9.99 for such a vehicle given our taxation, it's Tata. And you never know. But I don't think so and would be surprised. And of course the previously announced expected price is a tactic - it'll be DOA with that. But I'm not entirely satisfied with the protracted and prolonged hype creation affair (as is the case with Tata usually). Their timing is off. Anyhow, let's hope it's the new prices that stick in people's heads - not the ones people have been agitating over for the best part of 60 days.

Last edited by Mu009 : 23rd January 2019 at 11:05. Reason: Added some stuff.
Mu009 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:25   #2751
BHPian

Not sure if this has been posted earlier.

The website for Harrier has been updated with the colour options. They are offering 5 options

Calisto Copper
Thermisto Gold
Ariel Silver
Telesto Grey
Orcus White

Not able to make out the actual shade of Thermisto Gold. Is this what gold looks like?

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-slide1.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-slide2.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-slide3.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-slide4.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-slide5.jpg

Edit: A few more observations from the website

1. Air-bags standard across all variants
2. Four variants XE, XM, XT, XZ
3. Something called "Brake Disc Wiping" in Top XZ variant. Wonder what this is?
4. XZ Variant comes with audio provided by JBL which includes 4 speakers, 4 tweeters, 1 sub-woofer and an amp
5. Rear seat split folding available only in XZ variant
6. Steering adjusts for rake and reach. Available across all variants
7. So far have counted SEVEN chrome elements in the list. India's love for chrome continues
8. All variants come with projector headlamps. But only XZ variant has HID bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
No blue, no red? Its either the loud orange or the boring silvers and greys. No middleground here!
No blue. No red. No black.

Not only that, all colours are not available in all variants
XE - Only Orcus white
XM - All colours except Calisto Copper
XT & XZ - All colours

Last edited by BeantownThinker : 23rd January 2019 at 11:50. Reason: Additional points
BeantownThinker is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:26   #2752
BHPian

Guys what time is the live streaming. Since everyone knows about the car, there may not be much enthusiasm about the product itself. Nonetheless, it's a BIG day for TATA. Can't resist to throw my ring! I would wagger 10.99 as a sticker price.

Last edited by doxinboy : 23rd January 2019 at 11:28.
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:27   #2753
Senior - BHPian

My guess for the pricing is 11 Lakhs to 17 Lakhs ex showroom.
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:30   #2754
BHPian

D- Day for Harrier. Wishing them all the very best. TATA please price it sensibly.
No need to shock with low price and no need to do an Aria as well. People will eventually come to you. One thing is for sure, they are only moving forward. Even if this is priced at a level not expected by the majority public, they are indeed moving in the right direction and that is a great news indeed for consumers.

I was going through the posts in this section with highest views. This thread is 6th placed with more than 2.5 Million views. If you leave the first two threads( New Car price and Used Car price thread), Harrier is the 4th most viewed. First is Zica/Tiago with 3.8 Million views, followed by Nexon with 2.9 Million views and TUV300 with 2.8 Million views. 3 out of top 4 are TATA cars and 2 of them are already success. Shows how TATA has turned it around.Harrier is the fastest here to reach the 2.5 million in less than an year! With price launch today, the views and replies are going to only increase before the official review comes out. Speaking of which, any word on the official review? TATA has given the general public ample time, hope they gave the same to Team-Bhp mods as well.
RaghuVis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:35   #2755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Guys what time is the live streaming. Since everyone knows about the car, there may not be much enthusiasm about the product itself. Nonetheless, it's a BIG day for TATA. Can't resist to throw my ring! I would wagger 10.99 as a sticker price.
https://twitter.com/TataMotors/statu...075772416?s=19

The launch event for Harrier is scheduled at 12:00 pm.
RedStallion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:36   #2756
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Calisto Copper
Thermisto Gold
Ariel Silver
Telesto Grey
Orcus White
No blue, no red? Its either the loud orange or the boring silvers and greys. No middleground here!

Hexa looked the best in the Arizona Blue shade. Same with the Nexon which looked best in the Moroccan Blue shade (Still don't like the white ceramics on it though). Wish they had at least offered the blue in Harrier.

Calisto Copper seems the best option in the current colour palette.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd January 2019 at 11:40.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:47   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Just saw a white Harrier on the Eastern Express Highway (Chheda nagar junction to be precise). Looked superb on the road! Great road presence and white shade looked stunning. Stood out in the traffic.
I too saw a white and a golden Harrier on JVLR yesterday night. I followed the golden one for a couple of km and then it was following me for couple of km more. I agree with your observations. Those headlights look stunning in the rear view mirrors ss well The white vehicle had what seemed like machine cut alloys and golden one which I followed had silver alloys.

Attaching a couple of pics I took at a red signal.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190122_210918.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190122_210932.jpg  

AkMar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:51   #2758
BHPian

I don't think it will be 10.99 for the base variants, because in that case it will be too close to the 1.4 diesel Creta, which is a much smaller car with an engine smaller by a good 600cc. My vote goes to 11.99 or 12.99, the later more likely.

But who knows. It's our beloved Tata. They launched a very solid car in the form of Nexon at sub-6 lakhs price.

Last edited by anu007 : 23rd January 2019 at 11:55. Reason: Spelling mistake
anu007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:52   #2759
BHPian

the thermistor gold looks interesting. Its seems like an oxidised gold. I think there will be takers for it when seen in person. Just curious about who decides colours for the product?
They will price it bang between the top end Nexon and the mid range Hexa. That is where it should be as a product. They can hype the pedigree etc but hope they don't hype it in their own minds and shoot themselves on the foot. TATA needed a vehicle slotted above the Nexon and this is clearly that product. So logically the price will follow that approach.
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 11:57   #2760
Team-BHP Support

Live launch URL -

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd January 2019 at 12:17.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks