Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2018, 16:22   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

It's official - the H5X 5-seater version has been named as "HARRIER" by Tata Motors.

The 7-seater version will have a different name.

The Tata Harrier is scheduled to be revealed to the world in November 2018, with the launch happening in the first Quarter of 2019.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrier.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-4.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-5.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th July 2018 at 16:33. Reason: updated with official teasers.
RavenAvi is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 16:25   #302
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
It's official - the H5X 5-seater version has been named as "HARRIER" by Tata Motors.
This was anyway out in the media earlier in the week. So the reveal had nothing else?
The teaser silhouettes look awesome, though now the side profile seems more XUVish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Don't tell me it will be CARRIER

Last edited by selfdrive : 11th July 2018 at 16:26.
selfdrive is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 17:34   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Official homepage has now gone live at - https://harrier.tatamotors.com/#

RavenAvi is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 18:47   #304
Senior - BHPian

They keep harping on pedigree so much, as if the Tata pedigree is something that will excite the indian car buyer. What pedigree? The pedigree of Tata Indica, Indigo, Sumo, Zest or Nano?

Why don't car manufacturers focus on giving information on specific engineering features rather than trying to resort to gobbledygook? Like what in heavens name is one supposed to understand from the term "Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture"?

That being said, Harrier seems interesting. Would like to test drive the vehicle, but scared of a Tata product. Definitely not impressed by the pedigree, if one can call it that.
Lalvaz is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 19:09   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
They keep harping on pedigree so much, as if the Tata pedigree is something that will excite the indian car buyer. What pedigree? The pedigree of Tata Indica, Indigo, Sumo, Zest or Nano?
I suppose, pedigree refers to the Landrover discovery derived platform on which the harrier is based.
400notout is online now   (28) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 19:21   #306
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone else feel from the silhouette that the slant towards the rear is much less pronounced than the concept that was showcased?

Quote:

Why don't car manufacturers focus on giving information on .
It's a marketing talk after all. Even then the way they have repeatedly used the word, it seems very amateurish. Anyway I think the 'Pedigree' being thrown around so much is of the JLR whose underpinnings are shared with Harrier.
vibbs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 21:50   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Does anyone else feel from the silhouette that the slant towards the rear is much less pronounced than the concept that was showcased?

It's a marketing talk after all. Even then the way they have repeatedly used the word, it seems very amateurish. Anyway I think the 'Pedigree' being thrown around so much is of the JLR whose underpinnings are shared with Harrier.
There is a difference but I think its a taller D pillar than the concept. As for pedigree I would say harping on LR underpinnings is a tad insulting to the legacy of the Sierra and Safari of yore.
nainan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 22:29   #308
BHPian

I am definitely looking forward to the 7-seater version. The design looks cool. I hope that they end up with a much lighter, but stronger car than they have with the Hexa. If the 5-seater is light (in-line with other global manufacturers), then I think they should consider a 1.6L diesel option. 2L may be a bit much for India.

Tata is definitely getting its act together on design. I recently test drove a Tata Tiago (and Tigor). The exteriors and interiors were top notch in design and practicality. The only let-down was the petrol engine (underpowered).
kovilkalai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 22:30   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Well to each his own, i am not sure whether the pedigree being discussed here is of old Tata products or the JLR platform but IMHO SUV/UV's like Safari, Storme, Hexa, even the Sumo/Grande are nothing less to boast about in terms of their capability, robustness and sheer VFM.

I have seen people having their fair share of cherished memories with a TATA vehicle. Problems are their in every vehicle be it a TATA or a BMW/Skoda/Ford and this is coming from a Proud Safari owner ( Three times in a row) and some of the ownership experiences of other Bhpians do rhyme with what i am saying.

That said i really wish the Harrier lives up to its expectation and i am pretty bullish about the same based on the kind of products launched by TATA in the recent years.Whatever the pedigree,lets wish the car delivers and adds some stiff competition in the market.
NST440 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 22:31   #310
BHPian

Will this replace the Safari? With the current looks and design, I guess it's not going to, but would be a great replacement for a Safari.

Any news on that?
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 22:32   #311
BHPian

Looks very nice. But I personally hope either Tata launch it after three years or price it close to 20L. That's the only way I will not kill myself for buying the Nexon and not waiting for this car. This has a very good potential to change the image of Tata forever.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 22:48   #312
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Considering Toyota already may have copyrighted the name Harrier for their RX series of SUVs - can Tata still do a world launch with this name?
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 22:49   #313
BHPian

Quote:

That being said, Harrier seems interesting. Would like to test drive the vehicle, but scared of a Tata product. Definitely not impressed by the pedigree, if one can call it that.
They maybe referring to the 'pedigree' of the LandRover platform that this one is based upon. Or the pedigree that you referred to... can be true to.
1st indigenious car - Indica. 1st compact sedan - Indigo CS. The cheapest car in the world - with 37 engineering patents - Nano. Or the pedigree of the Safari (which is no less either).
Dr.Suraj is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 02:02   #314
BHPian

I am not a photoshop guy so please pardon my noob attempt. Hoping someone with more expertise will create a better render.

I am guessing this car will be definite hit for Tata.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-4.png

Last edited by Comrade : 12th July 2018 at 02:14.
Comrade is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 05:42   #315
BHPian

The name looks apt for the SUV. I don't think Toyota should have any issues with the name as they are not offering their Harrier in India. It might be a matter for concern when TATA decides to launch the new SUV in international market in the same name.
Quote:
I think they should go with the same name for both SUVs if they share the same design (looks). Maybe add a suffix to the existing name (like Harrier Plus, etc).
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed