Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2019, 21:45   #3301
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Good observation. But i did peep to check out
if there was any last row and there was none.
Old 16th February 2019, 21:50   #3302
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Saw these Harrier test mules near forum Koramangala . Bosch test center? What are they testing

Awesome catch. Now this is 7 seater for sure. This looks similar to the 7 seater sketch i saw back in mid 2018. I think this is a exclusive team bhp scoop guys.
tushky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 22:21   #3303
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a white harrier today evening on Begur Koppa Road. A customer car. Looked majestic at night with those DRLs. This thing can sell just for its looks, if not anything else.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 23:49   #3304
BHPian

The Harrier was on display at our office yesterday for promotional purposes. As already mentioned by others, it looks more attractive in person than in photographs. The next generation design is definitely its biggest USP. There was a quite a large gathering of employees checking it out and taking it for a spin one after another, so I couldn't spend much time with it.

Obviously, the first thing that I was curious about were any presence of panel gaps or poor quality. Happy to report that I couldn't find any, or atleast nothing jumped out to me. So would be fair to say that it would be fine for most buyers who are not looking actively for such flaws.

The rear seat looked quite spacious and easily accommodated 3 people of average height and build. Might also take in a 4th person for shorter trips!

Dimensions wise it looks huge in person. Easily in the league of XUV500 and definitely looks bigger than the Compass. IMO, it could draw away potential customers from XUV500 who want something big and powerful but not necessarily looking for a 7 seater, and draw away potential customers from Compass who are not attached to the Jeep brand name. Won't cause much concern to Creta, as Creta customers would be looking at a solid well established product with Hyundai's excellent sales and service. Also the Creta is perfectly sized for city and adequately powered for the highways, and not everyone wants a bigger vehicle even if it's available at the same price.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 08:52   #3305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNdY_AR View Post
Good observation. But i did peep to check out
if there was any last row and there was none.
They might have folded/removed it to keep the deception. The design elements that suggest its the H7X are:-
  • The roof rails themselves which only the H7X has in the Omega Arc lineup. The Harrier roof rail accessory is much flatter and flush with the roof
  • The Harrier's tail lamp is tucked behind the B pillar so does not just out. The H7X since the width does not taper off has a tail light that juts outside the B pillar just like here

The alloys are in silver discounting one of my theories that the H7X had black alloys only(as all news scoops of the mules supposed to be H7X were black)

This also looks to be in near production form with the light all fitted out which means this was being tested all this while.
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 16:09   #3306
BHPian

Got the delivery of Harrier

Finally after long wait got the delivery of Tata Harrier XZ (color Calisto copper) from Hartron Motors, Gurgaon on 16th February I will put a detailed initial ownership report after driving 1000kms. Drove around 150kms in the city and highways, so far car is driving well. Tried all driving modes, for my driving style Eco and city drive mode adequate to drive in the city, sports will be used only when I have adrenaline rush or in hurry. As per car computer, I am getting 16-17 kmpl, but it's too early for conclusion. Android auto connected seamlessly and happy with sound quality. Still trying to get optimum seating position, compared to my old car Tata Safari it has more blind spots, it will take some time to get used to it. Hopefully by the time I write ownership review these things will sort out.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190216_154021__01__01.jpg  

hridayjyoti is offline   (79) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 17:33   #3307
Senior - BHPian

Finally got a chance to checkout the Harrier at Trivandrum. The SUV looks much better in the flesh than in pictures and has good road presence. The interiors are a good place to be. The drivers seat felt comfortable though a test drive will clarify this further. The plastics looked great though there are a few places lower down like like the panel under the steering wheel, the plastic cladding hiding the spare wheel at the back that felt a bit tacky and not as premium as the other stuff. Piano black has been used liberally.

The rear seats are quite spacious once you have climbed into them. This is one SUV that you need a side step for young kids and the elderly. Even with the front seat pushed right back the legroom for me (5'11'') was very good with a couple of inches between my knees and the seat back. Seat cushioning felt firm which should be good for long drives and thigh support felt adequate.

The rear luggage space has a couple of storage space under the floor. However the finish looked quite base with expose metal and would have been good to see them plastic cladded. The rear wheel wells do not seem to have complete cladding with a hard plastic liner on the front and back of the wheel well.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190216_162217066.jpg

The rear door pocket has a tray in the middle that you can store mobiles etc in.

Some snaps that I took
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190216_162127759_hdr.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190216_162135574_hdr.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190216_162148101_hdr.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190216_162202803.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190216_162220728.jpg

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 18:42   #3308
BHPian

Re: Got the delivery of Harrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hridayjyoti View Post
Finally after long wait got the delivery of Tata Harrier XZ (color Calisto copper) from Hartron Motors, Gurgaon on 16th February I will put a detailed initial ownership report after driving 1000kms. Drove around 150kms in the city and highways, so far car is driving well. Tried all driving modes, for my driving style Eco and city drive mode adequate to drive in the city, sports will be used only when I have adrenaline rush or in hurry. As per car computer, I am getting 16-17 kmpl, but it's too early for conclusion. Android auto connected seamlessly and happy with sound quality. Still trying to get optimum seating position, compared to my old car Tata Safari it has more blind spots, it will take some time to get used to it. Hopefully by the time I write ownership review these things will sort out.
Congrats! On your new car . Awaiting initial ownership report and if you can comment on the highway manners of this car, it would be useful.
Any accessories/upgrades planned ??
Old 17th February 2019, 19:52   #3309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
Congrats! On your new car . Awaiting initial ownership report and if you can comment on the highway manners of this car, it would be useful.
Any accessories/upgrades planned ??
Thank you. Planning a drive to somewhere in Uttarakhand in the Shivaratri weekend next month, will post ownership review after that. I drove on newly built KMP expressway, straight road and excellent condition. Tested upto 120kmph, the car behaved nicely, no vibrations and didn't hear road noise (may be due to music). Gear ratio is high, 3rd gear at >25kmph, 4th at >40kmph, 5th at >60kmph and 6th at >75kmph. Clocked 120kmph at ~2000 rmp on 6th gear. Cruise control is very effective, immediately delivers power to increase speed. As the road was straight couldn't test steering control at high speed but feels firm. I would rather comment after driving in the hilly roads.
No accessories as of now, will put mud flaps and side steps (after market) later. Car is already loaded with more than essential gizmos

Last edited by ajmat : 17th February 2019 at 21:56. Reason: didn't heard ->didn't hear
hridayjyoti is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 19:55   #3310
BHPian

Quote:

Hey congratulations. I guess one of the first owners of this beauty on our forum. Enjoy your car a little more and on the highways as well. Your ownership review will garner a lot of views and comments. I think you must be having the 320 watts jbl system. Also let us know about the sound quality also.

Happy driving and congratulations once again
knrn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 20:55   #3311
BHPian

Quote:
Finally after long wait got the delivery of Tata Harrier XZ (color Calisto copper) from Hartron Motors, Gurgaon on 16th February I will put a detailed initial ownership report after driving 1000kms.
Congratulations hridayjyoti. Will be waiting for your ownership report. Could you share how much TCS and handling charges you paid.

Today I visited Fortune Cars Nerul, Navi Mumbai, to check out Harrier. Not a very pleasant experience, few points:
> Their price list mentions Rs 24375 (1.5% on top model) as TCS and Rs 12xxx as handling charges. When asked about break-up of TCS, their reply is GST on TCS is applied and when asked why 50% GST? A very arrogant reply comes "our seniors have decided, we don’t know". Take it or leave it attitude, very disappointing (have raised the concern on Tata Motors twitter handle).
> This dealership only has one display car. No test drives available.
> They claim to have more than 100 bookings. Deliveries not started yet. Except for the display car they have not received any cars yet and no information when they will get their first lot.

As far as the car is concerned, it has very proportionate dimensions and overall looks beautiful and much better than in pictures, specially those front headlight cluster. My wife and son were impressed by the space and quality inside. Only based on looks and space on offer I have shortlisted this as my next upgrade. Final decision will be based on test drive and T-bhp review.

Yes, I am still interested in the product despite below par dealership experience, but I want tell Tata Motors (hope they are reading this) please pull up your dealers, else all your talks about pedigree, premium product/experience, customer aspirations etc. will remain mere lip service in media without any positive impact on ground.

Last edited by S.MJet : 17th February 2019 at 20:56.
S.MJet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 21:09   #3312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Congratulations hridayjyoti. Will be waiting for your ownership report. Could you share how much TCS and handling charges you paid.
Yes, TCS is 24375 with taxes (16250+50% GST) and handling charges of 9500.
I agree with you regarding the behaviour of Tata motors dealers, they are the most arrogant seller I have faced, I won't be suprised if Harrier suffers because of it. Due to their arrogance I started thinking about about alternative options. The dealer is like "we are making a favour by delivering the vehicle after 4 weeks of launch" when the booking was done 3 months back! One more thing they haven't given the owners manual yet, they said it will come by courier in my address! I just hope nothing happens to my car which requires the owners manual. In the meantime I am trying to get a digital copy of the manual.

Last edited by ampere : 18th February 2019 at 09:16. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
hridayjyoti is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 08:54   #3313
Senior - BHPian

This pre production media drives car on display gamble is really going to turn into lost potential customers at this price bracket.

When an average Indian walks into to Test Drive a potential car the whole family joins in. While its easy for us auto enthusiasts to understand and set aside these issues it really gets difficult to convince the other family members when the first impression has statred with a negative note and top of it Tata has not has had a glorious past when it came to reliability and quality parts.

Case in point I and wifey went to check the Tigor JTP, which for some reason failed to start and it just went downhill from there. Then we test drove the Tiago, which felt it was badly abused engine and gearbox wise. The passenger seat where my wife was seated had the seat adjustment lever missing and she sat in discomfort throughout the drive

All this in a car which had less than 1k kms on it.
SnS_12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 12:29   #3314

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The official launch happened on 23rd Jan itself, and some of the dealers have even commenced deliveries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Yes, I am still interested in the product despite below par dealership experience, but I want tell Tata Motors (hope they are reading this) please pull up your dealers, else all your talks about pedigree, premium product/experience, customer aspirations etc. will remain mere lip service in media without any positive impact on ground.
Ditto, my experience as well. I booked my car in early November and since then the dealership has been of little help in every sense. Not enough knowledge, test drive arrangements, and delivery status to name a few. Despite below par experience thus far I am awaiting my cars delivery. God only knows what's taking them so much time but average service it is clearly something I am budgeting for future.

Last edited by GTO : 19th February 2019 at 08:27. Reason: removing excessive quote
nighthawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 14:21   #3315
BHPian

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4546218 (GST effect on car prices?)
Referring to a post in gst thread above.
Interesting to find a new shade 'Atlas black' in that pricelist. Has Tata added it officially? I don't see that in their website.
Th!ru is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks