Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2019, 13:55   #3376
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
A tastefully done white Tata Harrier with Dual tone black and black alloys.
This is exactly what should be made available by Tata. Infact, the alloys should be painted powder black to make more cool! Imagine this with an AT and Sunroof

After seeing Harrier in flesh, I came across my friend's white Honda CRV recently. Trust me, harrier feels a class above CRV!! Well, I didn't share that feedback with him, but he will soon see them on roads.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 16:30   #3377
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
A tastefully done white Tata Harrier with Dual tone black and black alloys.
That Range Rover ish look

Prospective buyers, forget Calisto Copper and go for Orcus White with aftermarket black alloys.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-range-rover-1.jpg

Pic Courtesy: Google

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th March 2019 at 15:30. Reason: Spacing
Scorpion 10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 08:56   #3378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Harrier's second month dispatch figures stands at 1449 units.

Source: Auto Punditz
What is stopping Tata from dispatching cars? On one side they claim to have over 16,000 booking and on the other, the monthly dispatches are no where near.

Are Production issues haunting Tata? I think the production line is not streamlined yet because of supply chain or QC issues and they are forced to work off-line and thus this limited production. In any case, it is not good as the final quality may be compromised.

What about people who have booked the cars, the deliveries would be delayed by 2-3 months at-least and then the Hector will be announced.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 13:02   #3379

Any idea if the Harrier AMT would be launched alongside the Buzzard and Altroz?
Old 7th March 2019, 14:37   #3380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad_Wind View Post
Any idea if the Harrier AMT would be launched alongside the Buzzard and Altroz?
Did you mean Harrier AT? There is no AMT planned for the Harrier. It is going to be a Hyundai sourced Torque Converter AT.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 14:49   #3381
BHPian

Tata Harrier XT variant

ATRONIX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 16:18   #3382
BHPian

TataHARRIER Vs HyundaiTUCSON

Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-ht1.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-ht2.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 16:37   #3383

Tata Harrier : Initial impressions & test drive

Hello all, today I test drove the Tata harrier from Concorde motors,Thane.

Initial Impressions:-
The test car was a Orange colour model done approx 4750 kms.
Here are my personal impressions for the car:-
The Positive:-

-The car looks imposing and big in person than what the pictures might suggest.
-Solid build quality inside out, feels premium.

-Very spacious interiors.
-Soft and supportive seats.
-Good Visibility all around
-High seating position.

-Good quality cabin and slick infotainment graphics.
-Very well controlled NVH levels.

-Availability of different modes, though could not distinguish much between the driving modes within the short test drive.
-Very nice and sure footed brakes, even with rear drum brakes.
-Decently smooth gearbox,though light to operate,the clutch seems to have a strong spring back action ( non linear return action).
-Good stock tires with tall profiles leading to cushy ride at slow speeds.

-Masks speed quite well.

The Negatives:-
-Steering doesn't weight up with speed. Feels too light at speeds even at 80 kph.

-The Clutch might need getting used to, car is easy to stall even when in motion at slower speeds.
-Car looses punch after second gear.
-Torque steer in first gear when accelerating hard from stand still.
-Very poor and blurred, rear view camera. ( was checked on a afternoon, might be worse in dark conditions.)

-Weird looking and very poorly built hand brake level. Plastic trim squeaks if pressed on top.
-No rear disk brakes at this price point. ( They work very well though).
-4 month waiting period.
-Love it or hate it, front end design.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th March 2019 at 12:30. Reason: Spacing and formatting
kugo_93 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 18:09   #3384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Harrier's second month dispatch figures stands at 1449 units.
Jeep Compass at 1304 while Hyundai's Creta grows stronger at 10206 units.
Interesting start for Harrier in its first full month of sales, rather more of a mixed bag I would think.

It has managed to overtake Compass (which is Harrier's direct competition), however too early to deduce if it is due to undercutting Compass by approx 2 lakhs @ on-road price (albeit with 40 BHP less power)

All eyes, however, will be on how much of a dent will the Harrier be able to cause in the segment leader - Creta.
Going by history, looks like nobody can even dare to touch the Creta's sales charts.

With some heavy-duty advertising to come for Harrier (starting with the IPL sponsorship), we all need to watch this space for sure.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 11:35   #3385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
It has managed to overtake Compass (which is Harrier's direct competition), however too early to deduce if it is due to undercutting Compass by approx 2 lakhs @ on-road price (albeit with 40 BHP less power)
This comparison always gets my goat - maybe because I own a Compass and hence biased by my own convictions. The Harrier is arguably one of the best SUVs on at the moment - if you excuse the niggles - but I don't see myself picking the Harrier instead of the Compass if I was in the market.

The Compass is at least 2 sizes (1.5 if you want to nitpick) smaller than the Harrier. Anybody intending to buy a Compass would not ditch it in favour of a large car just because he is getting it for less money. Small cars have its virtues and I don't think anybody in want of a small SUV would look at the Harrier. And vice versa.

Maybe I am reading the market wrong, and perhaps I would be convinced if I come across somebody who cancelled his Compass booking and got a Harrier instead.
civic-sense is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 13:20   #3386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
The Compass is at least 2 sizes (1.5 if you want to nitpick) smaller than the Harrier.
They are still 5 seaters though. For most buyers in India, the competition is largely wrt to seating capacity than the shell size. I'd say Harrier is competing with Creta, Compass and Tucson. An Innova/ Hexa/ XUV500 customer might not want to switch over if you exclude a tiny proportion which might overlap.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 14:44   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
They are still 5 seaters though. For most buyers in India, the competition is largely wrt to seating capacity than the shell size. I'd say Harrier is competing with Creta, Compass and Tucson. An Innova/ Hexa/ XUV500 customer might not want to switch over if you exclude a tiny proportion which might overlap.
[Random statistics alert!]

90% of all cars sold in India are 5 seaters. That does not make them "direct competitions". According to your logic, the Amaze, City, Civic and Accord are direct competitions. To be a direct competition, they should at least be in the same size segment.
Old 8th March 2019, 14:51   #3388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
This comparison always gets my goat - maybe because I own a Compass and hence biased by my own convictions. The Harrier is arguably one of the best SUVs on at the moment - if you excuse the niggles - but I don't see myself picking the Harrier instead of the Compass if I was in the market.

The Compass is at least 2 sizes (1.5 if you want to nitpick) smaller than the Harrier. Anybody intending to buy a Compass would not ditch it in favour of a large car just because he is getting it for less money. Small cars have its virtues and I don't think anybody in want of a small SUV would look at the Harrier. And vice versa.

Maybe I am reading the market wrong, and perhaps I would be convinced if I come across somebody who cancelled his Compass booking and got a Harrier instead.
Though there's a huge difference in price, folks interested in Compass can in no way ignore the huge value proposition brought in by Harrier.
Case in point, my colleague who had the funds for an XUV, was ready to stretch and book the Compass, had even booked a white one, but immediately shifted the booking to Harrier.
Its as if the Harrier and compass are rivals in every aspect and these comparisons are inevitable!
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 14:56   #3389
BHPian

Just saw a news on Autocar - there is a possibility of getting a 4X4 in the Harrier - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-motors-411861

Tata, get us the 4X4 version asap.
sadnabrina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:50   #3390
BHPian

This is what Prerana motors got back to me with after raising a concern regarding the logistics charges. I had raised the complaint via TML. Are these not covered by TATA ?

I don't even understand why are they charging me stockyard charges for because nobody is asking them to keep my vehicle in their stockyard. I mean, almost 4000 INR for parking ?

Why's it there is no regulatory to set any rules on these things ?

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190308154306_gmail.jpg

Last edited by soji : 8th March 2019 at 16:12.
soji is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks