Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2019, 16:16   #3391
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by soji View Post
This is what Prerana motors got back to me with after raising a concern regarding the logistics charges. I had raised the complaint via TML. Are these not covered by TATA ?
Attachment 1857116
Though logistic charges have always been the centre of a debate, i will rest my case if the dealership is ready to provide an invoice for the same.

I remember having a similar discussion while buying my Nexon and the dealership did not budge a bit even after raising a complaint with TML. I finally paid the amount in the excitement of a new car, without debating much.

The dealer GM even said that every OEM does this in one or the other way. He said that Maruti has included this in their ex-showroom price only and it puts additional burden on the customer as the road tax is calculated on the increased ex-showroom price. If this is true, i still like what Maruti is doing. I dont want to see any additional and debatable amount on the pricing chart. It's completely fine if it is included in the ex-showroom price leaving no point to debate and get pissed-off!
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 16:29   #3392
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

I had booked the Harrier on January 26th, and I had received a call from KHT motors, and they told me a Harrier has been allocated for me by Tata which I would receive within 2-3 weeks, and they had required me to initiate the car lease processing, so that they can get the purchase order asap, and deliver my car.
I think KHT motors will send the chassis and engine number to my leasing company before the purchase order is sent.
When I had asked if the month of manufacturing would be February 2019, he mentioned that it would be a Jan 2019.
Any advice, on what all I can do to ensure that the vehicle is not a pre-production or demo vehicle? And any recommendations on any other checks?
Old 8th March 2019, 16:43   #3393
BHPian

Quote:
This is what Prerana motors got back to me with after raising a concern regarding the logistics charges. I had raised the complaint via TML. Are these not covered by TATA ?
Sounds like the 50p cooling charges they charge on milk packets. But then next time the super market charges me a fee for keeping that biscuit I want to buy on their rack, I might take them to court.

Your dealer is stooping too low. If you have a choice walk away and find a better one.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 16:46   #3394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is something which TML needs to answer, especially when things are in black and white. Please question TML, attach this e-mail and see as to what they have to say.
Old 8th March 2019, 16:54   #3395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what Prerana motors got back to me with after raising a concern regarding the logistics charges. I had raised the complaint via TML. Are these not covered by TATA ? ... Why's it there is no regulatory to set any rules on these things ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Though logistic charges have always been the centre of a debate, i will rest my case if the dealership is ready to provide an invoice for the same... He said that Maruti has included this in their ex-showroom price only and it puts additional burden on the customer as the road tax is calculated on the increased ex-showroom price. If this is true, i still like what Maruti is doing.
A few dealers have said the same to me. That it is easier for an OEM to add this cost to base price, but in that case the customer has to bear multiple costs on these 'handling charges' :
  • GST @ 28~52%
  • Increased RTO Tax
  • Increased annual Insurance Cost
Now, I do understand this mathematics, however I am not sure if this is really the thought of OEMs or just another cooked up story of dealers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Your dealer is stooping too low. If you have a choice walk away and find a better one.
What to do when all dealers are hand-in gloves ?
Old 8th March 2019, 17:12   #3396
BHPian

Quote:
Now, I do understand this mathematics, however I am not sure if this is really the thought of OEMs or just another cooked up story of dealers.

What to do when all dealers are hand-in gloves ?
Well, this was the excuse Adishakti Motors, Hebbal had when I questioned them about their "mandatory" accessories worth 8500 and logistic charges. Guess what his answer was; "Sir, all dealers in Bangalore are charging the same and we cannot avoid them".

I asked him what are these mandatory accessories included and he says it's the Mat, idol, mudflaps etc. I asked him again what does this "etc" include and there's nothing else. It's then I dropped this dealer and went to Prerana motors though it's quite far away from my home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft View Post
I had booked the Harrier on January 26th, and I had received a call from KHT motors, and they told me a Harrier has been allocated for me by Tata which I would receive within 2-3 weeks, and they had required me to initiate the car lease processing, so that they can get the purchase order asap, and deliver my car.
I think KHT motors will send the chassis and engine number to my leasing company before the purchase order is sent.
When I had asked if the month of manufacturing would be February 2019, he mentioned that it would be a Jan 2019.
Any advice, on what all I can do to ensure that the vehicle is not a pre-production or demo vehicle? And any recommendations on any other checks?

What was your choice of color? My assumption is that only the Copper color was made available for Media/Pre-production/Demo vehicles and you needn't worry as long as it's not copper. In case it is Copper, I would recommend you perform a thorough PDI of the vehicle before making the order.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th March 2019 at 17:22. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Do see our FAQs on how to MULTI-QUOTE.
Old 9th March 2019, 11:00   #3397
BHPian

Quote:
What was your choice of color? My assumption is that only the Copper color was made available for Media/Pre-production/Demo vehicles and you needn't worry as long as it's not copper. In case it is Copper, I would recommend you perform a thorough PDI of the vehicle before making the order.
It is the Calisto Copper.. :(
Old 9th March 2019, 13:55   #3398
BHPian

Quote:
...When I had asked if the month of manufacturing would be February 2019, he mentioned that it would be a Jan 2019.
Well, Tata will definitely not sell pre-production or demo vehicles to customers, trust the brand and do your PDI and enjoy the drive. I know it's better to be cautious but at times we complicate things and make it hard on ourselves. You can ask for the details on dispatch from factory and when it reached the dealer, that will give you information if this was a demo vehicle.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 14:01   #3399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hridayjyoti View Post
Yes, TCS is 24375 with taxes (16250+50% GST) and handling charges of 9500.
Found this update on the GST thread -

"...the government has clarified that no goods and services tax needs to be paid on tax collected at source (TCS) under the Income Tax Act."

https://m.economictimes.com/industry...w/68328112.cms

Please check with your dealership on how to get the extra money refunded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Here is an update of my experience with Harrier's booking till now.
Quote:
I had booked the Harrier on January 26th
FYI on the above article if your dealership asks you to pay the same

Last edited by FrodoOfTheShire : 9th March 2019 at 14:14. Reason: Added BHPian micraft in the quote
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 15:35   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
FYI on the above article if your dealership asks you to pay the same
Nope, KHT has not taken GST on the TCS, it is 16250/-.
But the logistics charge and basic accessories remain at 9500/- and 8500/- respectively.
Old 9th March 2019, 15:42   #3401
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, KHT has not taken GST on the TCS, it is 16250/-.
But the logistics charge and basic accessories remain at 9500/- and 8500/- respectively.
You could ask them to exclude the accessories and add some of your own. The 8500 for a set of mats and mud flaps isn't justified. You might choose to add the moulded mats, flaps and other accessories of your choice for this price.
Old 9th March 2019, 16:49   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Well, this was the excuse Adishakti Motors, Hebbal had when I questioned them about their "mandatory" accessories worth 8500 and logistic charges. Guess what his answer was; "Sir, all dealers in Bangalore are charging the same and we cannot avoid them".
Lot of ways one can get attention of company officials. Make full use of it and get clarity before making a final decision. Yes, you have to be patient and not get carried away with the hype surrounding the new product which dealers may utilize for their profit.

Further, I tweeted the same regarding logistic charges to Tata Motors. Will post once I have response.

Last edited by Scorpion 10 : 9th March 2019 at 16:53.
Scorpion 10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 17:24   #3403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post
Lot of ways one can get attention of company officials. Make full use of it and get clarity before making a final decision. Yes, you have to be patient and not get carried away with the hype surrounding the new product which dealers may utilize for their profit.

Further, I tweeted the same regarding logistic charges to Tata Motors. Will post once I have response.
I did reach out to them once again post Prerana motors' response and this is what they had to say. Are folks from other states charged the same ?

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screenshot_20190309171716_gmail.jpg
soji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 09:09   #3404
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier Black colour shows up on official site via imaginator

(Source)

AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 11:06   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Tata Harrier Black colour shows up on official site via imaginator

(Source)
Awesome! Bring it on Tata!!

Lack of Black was one of the reasons why I do not own a Hexa. With the kind of cars they're making, and coming up with, I'll have no hesitation to get a Buzzard in black!

Last edited by SDP : 10th March 2019 at 13:58. Reason: Removed video link from quoted text
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks