Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:26   #3466
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

I have a slight problem with the moulded mats I have opted for and quite not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question. The moulded mats does not cover the whole section but only a portion which is about 1/2 of the actual surface area.

The problem is, the bottom surface of the moulded mats is some sort of PVC which makes it slip away right while stepping into the vehicle.

I'm thinking of having the bottom section hot glued in a zig zag pattern and is hoping that would resolve this. I'm wondering if anyone has tried a better solution?
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:43   #3467
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Could find two photographs of the white Harrier from side angle, posted earlier in this thread. One with white rooof and other with black. Did some editing to bring the photos to similar perspective. The black roof takes out the visual mass from the top and highlights the white body, hence might be making the car look shorter. Maybe others can comment.

Attachment 1861885

Attachment 1861886
The all white one looks Royal whereas the black roof one looks bad-a** wicked

It's a proper 'badi gaadi'(Big car) with immense road presence. Hope TATA quickly sorts out the supply constraints and starts delivering it to customers . This deserves to sell much more than what's currently visible on the sales charts

Last edited by SoumenD : 23rd March 2019 at 13:44.
Old 23rd March 2019, 14:30   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soji View Post
I have a slight problem with the moulded mats I have opted for and quite not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question. The moulded mats does not cover the whole section but only a portion which is about 1/2 of the actual surface area.

The problem is, the bottom surface of the moulded mats is some sort of PVC which makes it slip away right while stepping into the vehicle.

I'm thinking of having the bottom section hot glued in a zig zag pattern and is hoping that would resolve this. I'm wondering if anyone has tried a better solution?
Congrats Soji...
Did you get the moulded mats as part of the general accessories for 8500/-, or did you purchase this separately from the dealershop?
Anything else you want to share regarding the delivery experience, or points to look out for.
I'm expecting to get my Harrier today or tomorrow.
micraft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 14:45   #3469
BHPian

Thank you!!

I had asked them not to include the default basic accessories since they weren't very appealing. So I chose the mascot, mudflaps, moulded mats and the rear bumper garnish which summed upto around 9k. I had also purchased a zero dep policy from TATAAIG for around 67k.

One thing I noticed during delivery is that the 4 tires on the car are Goodyear but the spare they offer is a bridgestone on steel rim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft View Post
Congrats Soji...
Did you get the moulded mats as part of the general accessories for 8500/-, or did you purchase this separately from the dealershop?
Anything else you want to share regarding the delivery experience, or points to look out for.
I'm expecting to get my Harrier today or tomorrow.

Last edited by soji : 23rd March 2019 at 14:49.
Old 23rd March 2019, 19:23   #3470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Tata Harrier roof gets vinyl wrap done for Rs 7k in Rajasthan – Video
Damn neat job, nicely done. But like Anoop (noopster) said, a kadaa wearing guy working it. lol..

I presume that noticing the trend of many owners who likely may go for a different toned roof, Tata Motors may consider it for their future variant/ refresh.

As discussed above, a sports version or a named JTP version could be launched with a dual toned roof, ideally the non-detuned 170bhp engine with the CVT gearbox and a sunroof/ panoramic sunroof.. The full tune of the 170bhp engine itself is a near 22% power hike with the nearly the same body weight. More will only be amazing, but 230/ 240bhp engine doesn't sound practical for this class and also may push the cost into stratosphere. Luxury cars come with engines in that power band.

If priced additionally within a lakh & half to no more than 2L (on road), I think there will be takers for it. Great power, the looks and autobox + sunroof.. Could be a dream vehicle for many middle class to upper middle class folks.

Make it a panoramic sunroof for 2L extra on road and I'm game.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 23:00   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
As discussed above, a sports version or a named JTP version could be launched with a dual toned roof, ideally the non-detuned 170bhp engine with the CVT gearbox
"Sports version" with CVT? Remind me again, what universe are we in?

I think that'll truly be a world first... CVTs are known to be soul-sapping, after all.

Last edited by Mu009 : 23rd March 2019 at 23:04. Reason: Added some stuff.
Mu009 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 08:27   #3472
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
"Sports version" with CVT? Remind me again, what universe are we in?

I think that'll truly be a world first... CVTs are known to be soul-sapping, after all.
Right on Mu009! Even more depressing that a TML product (and that too with JLR in its kitty now) with SUV aspirations is launched without the traditional fig-leaf of AWD (or at least RWD) is what really scrambles one's insides. With M&M (having the Marazzo & now the XUV 300, both with FWD) & TML both jumping on to the pseudo-SUV band wagon, shows that both have followed the bean-counter's route. And have left the engineer's/designer's brief well behind them, while hanging on to the milch cow of the hatch-on-stilts-and-steroids brigade!

Last edited by shashanka : 24th March 2019 at 08:29.
shashanka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 09:57   #3473
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
Right on Mu009! Even more depressing that a TML product (and that too with JLR in its kitty now) with SUV aspirations is launched without the traditional fig-leaf of AWD (or at least RWD) is what really scrambles one's insides. With M&M (having the Marazzo & now the XUV 300, both with FWD) & TML both jumping on to the pseudo-SUV band wagon, shows that both have followed the bean-counter's route. And have left the engineer's/designer's brief well behind them, while hanging on to the milch cow of the hatch-on-stilts-and-steroids brigade!
Isn’t that the smartest choice in a market like India where the market leader is someone who is banking on fuel efficiency, lower service costs etc. to sell their cars for some decades now. To thrive in any market in any sector, profit is necessary. So until and unless the market ‘grows mature’, we are bound to see such kind of inventions from the manufacturers. And the most important thing is the newer generations are going to be ‘fragile’ as the technological advancements are making them ‘work (live) a lot lesser compared to their ancestors’, so improved low end torque but with a limited rpm range, ECU controlled rev matching, cars available only with an AT and even driverless cars are going to be the future. Basically nothing remains ‘pure’ other than mother’s love in this world.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 11:18   #3474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Isn’t that the smartest choice in a market like India where the market leader is someone who is banking on fuel efficiency, lower service costs etc. to sell their cars for some decades now. To thrive in any market in any sector, profit is necessary. So until and unless the market ‘grows mature’, we are bound to see such kind of inventions from the manufacturers. And the most important thing is the newer generations are going to be ‘fragile’ as the technological advancements are making them ‘work (live) a lot lesser compared to their ancestors’, so improved low end torque but with a limited rpm range, ECU controlled rev matching, cars available only with an AT and even driverless cars are going to be the future. Basically nothing remains ‘pure’ other than mother’s love in this world.

I wish I could agree - but sadly I beg to differ. Granted that today's mantra is to 'use & throw/discard', but a 'mature' market has little to do with it. The Bolero & the Scorpio are both decades old and selling marvellously, and in all likelihood will continue doing so. Assuming a viable alternative to the diesel is found (e-power, CNG etc.) there is no obvious reason why M&M should not continue with them into the foreseeable future.

On the other hand the XUV-500/300, the Marazzo - supposedly the new gen offerings with transverse engine/FWD & monocoque structures - do not seem to be runaway best-sellers, at least not yet. TML unfortunately does not have, in its recent past, such lustrous examples at the box office (the Safari, Storme, Aria or Hexa have been luke-warm sellers at best, despite being technically sound examples).

I have deep reservations about the concept of 'competition & profit' being the drivers for improving the breed, so to speak. After a point, the herd mind-set takes over and everyone & their uncle starts producing clones (well, relatively speaking) of each other. The extreme example of this (and I have mentioned this elsewhere) were the Americans who, following the European lead (Issigonis' Mini) jumped on to the FWD bandwagon & came up with such hideous examples as the Olds Toronado & Cadillac El Dorado. Both of which were nearly 20ft long & weighed over 2 tons, had the usual 7 liter V8s of the time - and had FWD! Needless to say, they were disasters, selling nowhere else other than the US and there too the sales were embarrassingly minuscule.

Last edited by shashanka : 24th March 2019 at 11:26.
shashanka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 12:53   #3475
BHPian

I think the Harrier was meant to be a proper offroader that got sidetracked due to the tremendous success the softroaders(hatch on stilts) are having in India. I think with the announcement of the Blackbird which will be a proper Creta rival the Harrier can focus on its real position in the portfolio in stead of trying to cover too wide a spectrum. The H7X is going to compete in a space where from the Alturas to the TFort all have 4WD so unless they want to be considered a Innova rival which would be a colossal waste of the platform they need the 4WD at launch. I am sure Tata knows this and if the H7X gets one it will trickle down to the Harrier without much delay.

So to me the one true opportunity to differentiate and improve the value proposition of the Harrier is to give it a true 4WD as the other differences of size can cut both ways, premium is not really working, pricing they are unwilling to do.
Old 24th March 2019, 20:24   #3476
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
I wish I could agree - but sadly I beg to differ. Granted that today's mantra is to 'use & throw/discard', but a 'mature' market has little to do with it. The Bolero & the Scorpio are both decades old and selling marvellously, and in all likelihood will continue doing so. Assuming a viable alternative to the diesel is found (e-power, CNG etc.) there is no obvious reason why M&M should not continue with them into the foreseeable future.
Isn’t this an example of ‘milking’ rather than being pure or something like that. We had seen how the macho Scorpio performed in the crash test, I think the Swift was better. So when you get returns/profit on an old product with out any changes for a long time, you ride on that forever. So until and unless the market demand changes or government mandates come in, changes are not necessary. Now it is a SUV (shape) craze era, so let’s give the market some SUVs (shaped cars). People buy these CSUVs because of their single capability to tackle potholes and speed bumps with out scrapping the bottom. But I would agree that is the biggest capability any car in India could have

Note : Manufacturers are increasing the ground clearance of sedans too now a days, I pray the remaining sedans don’t end up like a current generation Linea or a Corolla.

Last edited by pavi : 24th March 2019 at 20:30.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 11:27   #3477
Senior - BHPian

Got ours two days back.

Have barely driven it. So, can't give detailed inputs on that yet.

The accessories we got were:
# Side Steps - 18,055
# 3D Matt - 4,160
# Mud Flaps - 960
# Roof Rail - 9090
# Bonnet 'HARRIER' Mascot - 1685
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190324_135457.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190324_135518.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190324_135525.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190324_144806.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190324_145829.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190324_144831.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190324_144941.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190324_145019.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 12:15   #3478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Got ours two days back.

Have barely driven it. So, can't give detailed inputs on that yet.

The accessories we got were:
# Side Steps - 18,055
Congratulation ashutoshb, Wishing you many happy miles! Looks beautiful in white.

Sidesteps looks neat, sitting flush within the body. Hope they are equally functional, can you post pics with door open.
S.MJet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 12:21   #3479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Got ours two days back.
Congratulations on acquiring this beauty. I think white is definitely the colour to buy the Harrier in. Cant help but think that she'd look absolutely wicked with a black roof and blacked out alloys!

Wish you many happy miles in this steed!
abhii176 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 14:55   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Found this update on the GST thread -
"...the government has clarified that no goods and services tax needs to be paid on tax collected at source (TCS) under the Income Tax Act."
Please check with your dealership on how to get the extra money refunded
Thank you for enlightenment. I have got my GST on TCS back yesterday. They took a week, gave me the cheque yesterday without any argument.
hridayjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks