Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2019, 22:34   #3796
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Got this TataHARRIER Modified
shared through whatsup

-The Roof, Pillars and Alloy are Painted Black (6000 rs)
-The Stock Tyres are Changed to Michelin Tyres (24000 rs)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-4.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-5.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-3.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-2.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-6.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-7.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-8.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-9.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 23:46   #3797
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
But now since the Harrier plan has been called off, we are primarily considering the Creta and the Compass though the top diesel manual is a bit out of budget. Suggestions are welcome.
Wait for the Kia SP2i/ MG Hector/Honda HRV. Even the Harrier AT and Cassini are launching soon. Maybe Tata will iron out most of the problems by the time they launch the AT version. Creta is nearing a generation change, so doesn't make much sense in buying now. Also, these new launches might be BS VI ready. It's definitely a better option to wait.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 01:05   #3798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Infotainment system frequently hanging / misbehaving (faced by us too).
I faced it too. This was when I was using Android Auto. Hoping that it gets sorted out in the software update.

Fortunately, no other issue from the list has cropped up in our Harrier yet.
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 08:57   #3799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
I'd suggest you wait for the Honda HR-V to be launched. It seems to be a promising package with probably the best of everything (for you). Smooth engine, check! Plush interiors, check! Compactness, check!

Cheers!
The HRV is likely to be priced high and may be in price bracket of 22-25 lacs ex showroom and even higher than the Compass. I would recommend the Compass instead as it is available from a lower starting price ex showroom. Another strong contender which you should wait for is the Kia Sp2i , which will fall in the 14-19 bracket ex showroom and will be a good car. That should also be here in 2-3 months.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 12:59   #3800
BHPian

Autocar review of the Harrier, they have given it a clean chit with a few niggles, pointed out. I am waiting for TBHP review, which will be the real world one.

Main pointers –

We Like >
Roomy and well-appointed interior
High speed manners
Value for money

We Don't Like >
Ergonomic issues
A few rough edges
No automatic or AWD option

Link : https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...ad-test-412575
Old 7th May 2019, 19:59   #3801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The HRV is likely to be priced high and may be in price bracket of 22-25 lacs ex showroom and even higher than the Compass.
22-25 lacs might be a tad too high esp. when in all probability it won't come through the CBU route (CKD is a possibility though). Even in the US and Japan it sells for less than the Indian equivalent of 15 lacs. An ideal slot for this would be above BRV (in the Compass/Hector/Harrier territory). And while it might be pricier than Compass, anything above 20 lacs ex-showroom might very well ensure that the product is DOA.
Old 7th May 2019, 20:07   #3802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutlander View Post
22-25 lacs might be a tad too high esp. when in all probability it won't come through the CBU route (CKD is a possibility though). Even in the US and Japan it sells for less than the Indian equivalent of 15 lacs. An ideal slot for this would be above BRV (in the Compass/Hector/Harrier territory). And while it might be pricier than Compass, anything above 20 lacs ex-showroom might very well ensure that the product is DOA.
I have seen this car in Sri Lanka and also experienced it many times in my business trips. It is a well built premium car built on the Civic platform. Price wise too it is generally quite similar to the Civic in most markets. In India too you can expect it to be in the same ballpark range. Honda also has a history of overpricing most of its cars (barring the WRV which was reasonable, all others like the civic and crv are over the top and not really volume targeting. Expect the HRV to also be a niche car which will essentially compete with the Jeep Compass Higher models (longitude and limited variants mostly).
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 20:30   #3803
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
It is a well built premium car built on the Civic platform.
Small correction - H-RV is based on the Jazz / Fit platform.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 20:39   #3804
BHPian

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer02 View Post
But now since the Harrier plan has been called off, we are primarily considering the Creta and the Compass though the top diesel manual is a bit out of budget. Suggestions are welcome.

I would suggest you to check the Compass. The new Sports + variant is pretty decently specced and priced. On top of Sports it comes with alloys, roof rails, rear parking sensors, dual zone ACC etc etc.

If you thought of buying Harrier, you would definitely love the Compass for its brilliant ride quality, punchy engine, excellent dynamics and well stacked interiors.

HRV being Honda would definitely be priced off the roof and would be underpowered for sure like the CRV/Civic.

Last edited by Waspune : 7th May 2019 at 20:44.
Waspune is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 00:24   #3805
Senior - BHPian

Mods: you can move this post to an appropriate one if it doesn’t belong here

Source: Autocar India

India’s first Satin black wrap Harrier which looks absolute dope! If I’d 20 big ones with me, I’m sure to drop it all on this masterpiece car from Tata. Sure it does have its negatives, but somewhere it ticks majority of my boxes

As per Video on this link says the total cost of the mod came upto 50k. I’d still liked if the owner had gone for an alloy switch to a more muscular one than the stock that looks not so proportionate with the overall car size.
Attached Images

gururajrv is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 11:09   #3806
BHPian

I happened to spot a Tata Harrier in "Telesto Grey" shade nearby my place at Mulund west, Mumbai. Wow, it looks super stunning than even the Orcus white colour
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 11:14   #3807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I happened to spot a Tata Harrier in "Telesto Grey" shade nearby my place at Mulund west, Mumbai. Wow, it looks super stunning than even the Orcus white colour
Harrier in Telesto Grey looks like a Diplomat in a Suit
Harrier in Orcus White looks like a Rapper in a Hoodie
payeng is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 12:12   #3808
BHPian

Harrier total black wrap in below YouTube link.

Venkatesh.H
Venkatesh.H is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 11:41   #3809
BHPian

Saw this white Harrier, my first real world and close encounter, on my way to office today along with white XUV5OO, Both came parallel to each other directly in front a number of times in slow moving traffic (could not click pic at those moments, was alone and driving).

Dimension wise in real-world, Harrier looked almost similar or may be marginally wider than XUV. Of course looks quite upmarket than XUV.

Break lights though bright enough are very tiny when lit, looked odd on beautifully laid (and quite big) rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrier.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrier1.jpg  

S.MJet is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 11:59   #3810
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Break lights though bright enough are very tiny when lit, looked odd on beautifully laid (and quite big) rear.
I too felt the same when I followed an orange Harrier for sometime last Friday. The taillights were too tiny when activated, they would be almost unseen by the cars following it. They should have gone for a much better design for the taillights (when on), something like a half rectangle or else like an eclipse or the modified taillights like the one in this post here (Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs)

Last edited by pavi : 9th May 2019 at 12:06.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks