Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2018, 12:35   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Liked the dashboard layout and the hand-brake arrangement, the controls are more like that of an aeroplane.

My only grouse is the combination of black and beige which is not matching at all, I hope its just kept for a test mule. Either make the car completely beige or completely black.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 22:32   #572
BHPian

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1536080494.746858.jpgTata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1536080508.398333.jpgTata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1536080520.766426.jpg

Spotted on MG road today
Fortuner71 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 23:07   #573
BHPian

Hope harrier will b proper 5 seater unlike compass
csanthosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 02:00   #574
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

The length looks good I really hope they get the under thigh support right. Cant believe the Compass and the Octavia both 20lac+ cars have crappy under thigh support.. by the way didnt like the back seat of Kodiaq either... Oh has anyone spotted the harrier with a sunroof? or is it too early
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 10:14   #575
Senior - BHPian

My updated wishlist for the Harrier is a version with the below:
- 6 airbags or more
- NCAP rating like or better than the Nexon
- ventilated front seats like in the Verna
- extended under thigh support like in the 3 series
- reclining/ adjustable rear seats
- rear seat to have intrusion protection like the Punto
- ICE from the Hexa
- priced like a Tata

and without:
- sunroof
- alloys
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 11:53   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
- 6 airbags or more
- ICE from the Hexa
- priced like a Tata

and without:
- sunroof
- alloys

I get the no alloys part, but why no sunroof? You think tata cant pull it off like the Kodiaq just because this will be their first sunroof car? I heard nexon has a sunroof option...
Old 5th September 2018, 13:15   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
I get the no alloys part, but why no sunroof? You think tata cant pull it off like the Kodiaq just because this will be their first sunroof car? I heard nexon has a sunroof option...
I have no doubts on the capabilities of Tata. As someone who suffers from migraine and would really like as less sun as possible, I have no use for a sunroof.
I also don't have anyone in my family/ friends who would like to stick their neck out (pun intended) for a sunroof.
selfdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 14:08   #578
BHPian

I for one hope Tata arrives with a bang by providing a panaromic sunroof not just an electric aftermarket option like in Nexon. It improves the cabin feel by leaps and bounds.
A lot of discussion in this forum only shows that Tata is going in the right direction with Harrier. I only hope they go all the way and produce a truly exceptional product with all bells and whistles.
v6kgang is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 15:05   #579
BHPian

Quote:
I have no doubts on the capabilities of Tata. As someone who suffers from migraine and would really like as less sun as possible, I have no use for a sunroof.
I also don't have anyone in my family/ friends who would like to stick their neck out (pun intended) for a sunroof.
I hope they provide a sunroof in a variant, with blinds so that people can close it to avoid the sun. I have a little one who might like to stick his head out of the roof, but I wont let him... hate that.... but I love the roomy airy feeling it gives when we open the blinds... I might not even open the roof just keep the blinds open for the view/light

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Please also use appropriate punctuation in your sentences to make them readable.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th September 2018 at 08:38. Reason: See note in post.
Old 5th September 2018, 17:24   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- 6 airbags or more
- ICE from the Hexa
- priced like a Tata

and without:
- sunroof
- alloys
I think an excellent Harmon Kardon is a given, for the fact that every new Tata has one. So ICE is never going to be an issue.

What I think may not be, is 6 airbags without a sunroof and alloys. When we say 6 airbags, it ends up being the top end model, which will definitely be with alloys and a sunroof.

I'm hoping for a panoramic sunroof, just because it's going to be the first by an Indian manufacturer and goes a long way in proving capabilities.
discoverwild is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 08:21   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Speculated to come in a JTP sport variant , the Harrier again in Bangalore!

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierjtpsporttestbangalorelaunch1.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierjtpsporttestbangalorelaunch3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 10:52   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quoting a line from the source:

"Tata Harrier will be positioned above the Hexa and will be the company’s new flagship model."

Will this have any bearing on the price?
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 13:37   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post

"Tata Harrier will be positioned above the Hexa and will be the company’s new flagship model."

Above the Hexa? All speculation so far has been that the 5 seater at least will be around the Creta/Compass price band and thus lower than the Hexa.
sharninder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 13:45   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Above the Hexa? All speculation so far has been that the 5 seater at least will be around the Creta/Compass price band and thus lower than the Hexa.
That is just the reporter's inference - not TATA's official line. We don't know what the actual plan or positioning is.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 14:25   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
'SPECULATION'......exactly!

Expecting this to be priced below the Hexa would be wishful thinking in my opinion! The Hexa uses an in-house body on ladder design, their own 2.2 dicor engine and gearbox, plus is already into it's 8th year of existence.

The Harrier is a brand new car using JLR's LR-MS monocoque platform, a Fiat sourced engine & Hyundai gearbox. I am not even taking the all new design, safety elements, additional features etc into account. From all points of reasoning this will be a more expensive vehicle.

Getting all that car that the Harrier is, at the price point of the Creta is genuine wishful thinking. The Harrier will be more of a rival to Hyundai's larger and pricier Tucson SUV.

Plus as far as I can tell the compass is already priced higher than a similarly or much better equipped Hexa! If a smaller vehicle that is more akin to a Creta is what people are looking for, then the Nexon might be the better bet. Either that or prepare for much bigger EMI's when hoping to see the Harrier parked in one's porch.

I genuinely think there will be a lot of disappointed faces when the Harrier prices are announced. This is definitely not a 9-12 lac car, I think the Harrier's prices will be well north of 17 lacs!

Last edited by shortbread : 6th September 2018 at 14:26.
shortbread is online now   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks