Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2018, 02:13   #1051
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Good thought, obvious; but a good thought. So does that mean Tata or any other company for that matter will drive their test mules in the dark/night and wont test the headlight range? Like you mentioned its a test mule with camouflage I'm wondering if they covered their headlights too? I understand what you are saying, doesnt mean its going to be the exact light throw, neither does it mean its not. Of course let it launch and test drive and then decide. But the link you suggested reads "Are you happy with your OEM Headlights?" The keyword here is "your". Well its not mine yet, who knows if its going to be. So doesnt make any sense to put it there, does it?

Anyways I was curious about the light throw the moment I saw the headlight positioning and was looking for some video or photo to find out more. Of course there are cars out there on the roads with that headlight positioning. The video makes me curious, doesnt mean that its the production version headlight light throw and fortunately it also doesnt mean that its not

--Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
It's a test mule with camouflage. Don't know the camera used to capture the video. Let it launch, then you can test them lights more easily. In person. If not satisfied, maybe post here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...eadlights.html (Are you happy with your OEM headlights?). Lots of other names on that list already.
Old 21st October 2018, 09:37   #1052
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Good thought, obvious; but a good thought. So does that mean Tata or any other company for that matter will drive their test mules in the dark/night and wont test the headlight range? Like you mentioned its a test mule with camouflage I'm wondering if they covered their headlights too? I understand what you are saying, doesnt mean its going to be the exact light throw, neither does it mean its not. Of course let it launch and test drive and then decide. But the link you suggested reads "Are you happy with your OEM Headlights?" The keyword here is "your". Well its not mine yet, who knows if its going to be. So doesnt make any sense to put it there, does it?

Anyways I was curious about the light throw the moment I saw the headlight positioning and was looking for some video or photo to find out more. Of course there are cars out there on the roads with that headlight positioning. The video makes me curious, doesnt mean that its the production version headlight light throw and fortunately it also doesnt mean that its not

--Cheers
My point being, it's not a production variant yet. Secondly, judging headlights on camera is a bit tricky. The camera will always adjust itself for optimum exposure and depending on the situation may dim or brighten the lights. People often comment when posting about lights "It looks brighter in real or the pic makes it look super bright but it's not so in real life".

Hence my suggestion to evaluate it in real life if you are seriously considering to buy this. But if you insist on forming an opinion based on photo/video - , nothing to add.
Dry Ice is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 10:49   #1053
BHPian

You are right about the camera, when set in auto mode it will adjust the exposure. What I was pointing to there was not the intensity of the light, but the distance. The light was falling really short and that was my concern. You are right, no point in judging at this point its too soon. Lets wait and see what happens in January.

On a totally different topic, does anyone know if Tata has ever provided lumbar support before in their vehicles. I like the 4 way adjustable lumbar support in the compass. Hope Tata can give us something similar, at least a manual one if not electric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
My point being, it's not a production variant yet. Secondly, judging headlights on camera is a bit tricky. The camera will always adjust itself for optimum exposure and depending on the situation may dim or brighten the lights. People often comment when posting about lights "It looks brighter in real or the pic makes it look super bright but it's not so in real life".

Hence my suggestion to evaluate it in real life if you are seriously considering to buy this. But if you insist on forming an opinion based on photo/video - , nothing to add.
Old 21st October 2018, 10:52   #1054
BHPian

Yes, my Manza had 2 way adjustable lumbar support and zest along with Vista and Bolt had it, haven't checked with the latest releases though.
v6kgang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 12:12   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
On a totally different topic, does anyone know if Tata has ever provided lumbar support before in their vehicles. I like the 4 way adjustable lumbar support in the compass. Hope Tata can give us something similar, at least a manual one if not electric.

Hexa has adjustable lumbar support. Those are some really good seats, IMHO.

Cheers
Hrishi
ihrishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 13:19   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
The Safari 2.2 had it, the Storme and Hexa have it all for the front seats. Its a really useful feature especially on long drives and has 3 positions.
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 13:57   #1057
BHPian

Oh wow on all four seats, thats wonderful. I hope they provide the same in the Harrier at least the front two if not all four. Both my cars have it. Unfortunately I have 2 disc bulges and the lumbar support really helps. Infact I use extra cusioning in the lumbar area on long drives. Come on Tata please give us the 4 way electric lumbar support like the Compass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
The Safari 2.2 had it, the Storme and Hexa have it all for the front seats. Its a really useful feature especially on long drives and has 3 positions.
Old 21st October 2018, 17:25   #1058
BHPian

Why cant TATA offer the Harrier 5 seater in the 170ps state of tune, which will put it right in the Compass territorry. I do know that the 170ps is reserved for H7X.

Now knowing how heavy TATA cars generally are, the power to weight ratio could take a hit with just 140ps unless TATA engineers have really worked on this aspect. The last thing Harrier needs is an underpowered car status.

I feel TATA should offer the 5 seater in 170ps state of tune atlest as an option.
deepeshh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 17:30   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Why cant TATA offer the Harrier 5 seater in the 170ps state of tune, which will put it right in the Compass territorry. I do know that the 170ps is reserved for H7X.
Totally agree. There are buyers who want feature packed, powerful SUV, who don't bother about the 2 extra seats. In fact the 7 seater also comes with extra bulk and compromise on the handling, city driving etc and many of the potential buyers may prefer the more compact 5 seater (but with extra power ).
Guna is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 18:14   #1060
BHPian

May be it's some sort of deal between Jeep and Tata, I for one would love the 5 seater to have 170ps, well if I'm wishing for it I'll say at least 200ps

Last edited by theMAG : 22nd October 2018 at 05:14. Reason: Punctuation fixed. "its"="it's"
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 20:29   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post

Now knowing how heavy TATA cars generally are, the power to weight ratio could take a hit with just 140ps unless TATA engineers have really worked on this aspect. The last thing Harrier needs is an underpowered car status.

I feel TATA should offer the 5 seater in 170ps state of tune atlest as an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Totally agree. There are buyers who want feature packed, powerful SUV, who don't bother about the 2 extra seats. In fact the 7 seater also comes with extra bulk and compromise on the handling, city driving etc and many of the potential buyers may prefer the more compact 5 seater (but with extra power ).
Quote:
May be its some sort of deal between Jeep and Tata, I for one would love the 5 seater to have 170ps, well if I'm wishing for it I'll say at least 200ps
You never know, Tata may bring it in the H5X in a JTP variant based on Harrier in the future, like what they're doing with the Tiago-Tigor twins and Nexon's engine. Keeping the fingers crossed...
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 21:13   #1062
BHPian

There are multiple problems TATA is going to face irrespective of how good the product Harrier is.
1) ASS - After Sales Service, this one is most obvious and genuine one. Seems like they are improving but still need to improve and at a faster rate, they need to forget about the Indica Cab days fast.
2) Initial Teething issues - Seems like even their latest car the nexon had some issues, but currently its more of a mindset of the general public, and with every launch, TATA seems to be getting more first time buyers.
3) Weight, BHP, etc. This is one of the more serious issues, as every journalist reports based on his own thought process, and with Indian Heard Mentality this issue get serious. Eg, Some journalist say 140PS is class leading, but Power to Weight Ratio is only 80 due to weight, hence not a good drivers car. Other way around not a single journalist would say that the car is build to last, and extremely safe. While they would promote a TIN can with questionable safety as fuel efficient and peppy engine. Why cant the journalist educate safety as paramount and not kitna deta hai??
4) Assumptions. Read the last few pages of this tread and you will realize how even Team BHP readers are already assuming what the Price should be, how the light should be. And even condemning TATA event without having launched a car...

Apologizes for the lengthy post, but wanted to highlight to all,
1) lets wait for the car to be launched, to decide if the product is of quality or not.
2) Lets move away from Kitna Deta hai at-least among us and are families, we would make Indian Roads a lot safer.

thank you for your reading. opinions are most welcome.
rajchetan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 21:30   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

We all know the AT version of the Harrier is going to come with the Hyundai sourced AT. However, so far, I have not yet heard of which gearbox will the MT version of the Harrier will come with? Does anyone have any idea about this?
Old 21st October 2018, 22:02   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
We all know the AT version of the Harrier is going to come with the Hyundai sourced AT. However, so far, I have not yet heard of which gearbox will the MT version of the Harrier will come with? Does anyone have any idea about this?
Given that all their manual gearboxes are sourced in house chances are this will also be the same. I also read somewhere that the 4WD is also developed by Tata.
Old 21st October 2018, 22:09   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
Given that all their manual gearboxes are sourced in house chances are this will also be the same. I also read somewhere that the 4WD is also developed by Tata.
I thought there is no 4WD! For H5X or H7X??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks