Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2018, 23:34   #1111
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Hexa is aimed at large families, but not taxis. For one, it is only a 7 seater (6 seater in captain seat variants). Second, the positioning is more premium- they liken it to the XUV or the Fortuner when selling it.
But a person who is evaluating a vehicle for a taxi doesn't care about how the company has intended to position it. Reliable, spacious, economical(over long period), serviceable and they will go for it (and yes availability in white colour )
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 09:53   #1112
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Hexa is aimed at large families, but not taxis. For one, it is only a 7 seater (6 seater in captain seat variants). Second, the positioning is more premium
There is a huge market in the taxi space where families travel on holiday, pilgrimage and want premium experience, the trend nowadays is to keep small cars for the daily commute and hire large ones per occasion. The huge Innova success as a taxi is testimony.
Quote:
they liken it to the XUV or the Fortuner when selling it.
That, my friend, is marketing - the power of suggestion. Remember 2006 ? Mahindra marketing Scorpio as a car, all likening in their ads was to premium cars. Scorpio was more like a Bolero in a tuxedo but Mahindra successfully marketed their core strength (mini trucks) as a car.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th October 2018 at 00:21.
Inder7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 10:47   #1113
BHPian

Jaisalmer teaser of Harrier from TML
uday.ere is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 14:47   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Could not agree more!! Another aspect could be to fine tune the model range. If during the survey session many customers are demanding/requesting a particular feature (diesel auto in the top variant or a sunroof, for example) they might tune the range to include these features.

Recalled couple of questions:
1. What car do you current drive
2. Name of your organisation and designation.

Got a similar call yesterday.
The questions remained the same and was asked how the booking experience was.

Tata Motors are really adding new chapter on how to make customers feel good.
johannskaria is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 23:30   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
4WD, probably yes. But really I doubt the 'low range'. None of the soft roaders would have low range. I will be happy to be proven wrong
That was the case long back and now things got changed.These are some monocoques with a Low Range gear. Please correct me if its wrong.

Some models of Jeep compass (I guess trail hawk),
Jeep Grand Cherokee.
arunrajk81 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 09:26   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunrajk81 View Post
That was the case long back and now things got changed.These are some monocoques with a Low Range gear. Please correct me if its wrong.

Mitsubishi Montero is the best example of that monocoque construction low range gear longitudinally mounted engine.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 13:55   #1117
Distinguished - BHPian

The Harrier is based on the Land Rover D8 architecture which also underpins the Discovery Sport. This platform is quite capable and I am sure it will have good 4x4 capabilities. Also the similarity between the Harrier and the Discovery sport in terms of size is quite a lot.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land...iscovery_Sport
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 07:41   #1118
BHPian

News is that the Tata Harrier will have a global unveil and media drives in the 1st week of December.

Tata Motors has also stated that they will display the Harrier in popular malls across the country starting Jan 2019.

Found a striking pic of the Harrier on Twitter. Looks to have menacing road presence
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20181027_072900.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 10:50   #1119
BHPian

Ladakh teaser for the Harrier

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_...em-uploademail
Old 27th October 2018, 13:49   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
These Harrier teasers are dumb beyond belief, all they show is that the vehicle can indeed drive on the road and the AC works in the heat. They don't hint at any offroad ability of the vehicle in terms of traction control, being able to handle rough roads and gradients, or being able to drive on slippery icy conditions etc with all the JLR wizardry. How can one get potential buyers excited with these ads?

Now, the folks frequenting Team-BHP know that the vehicle supposedly has much more to it than the ads allude to, and will look beyond the ads, defeating the purpose of teasers.
HillyThar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 14:27   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillyThar View Post
These Harrier teasers are dumb beyond belief, all they show is that the vehicle can indeed drive on the road and the AC works in the heat. They don't hint at any offroad ability of the vehicle in terms of traction control, being able to handle rough roads and gradients, or being able to drive on slippery icy conditions etc with all the JLR wizardry. How can one get potential buyers excited with these ads?

Now, the folks frequenting Team-BHP know that the vehicle supposedly has much more to it than the ads allude to, and will look beyond the ads, defeating the purpose of teasers.
I think the teasers are very carefully crafted. These showcase utility features to lure Creta buyers. I think the meaty 4wheel drive features will come closer to launch
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 15:33   #1122
BHPian

The news of media drive in the first week of December appears to be in sync with a few car body shells being built on daily basis at TML's Pune Plant. This has come from a source that can be relied upon...

All the best to TATA Motors team & hope the media drive for Harrier takes place as being speculated on internet!
DriveT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 16:47   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Here is the longer version
Latheesh is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2018, 17:52   #1124
BHPian

Attachment 1803734

Any idea whether the Harrier comes with all wheel disc brakes?

Judging by the disc ware dust colour from the above pict I guess the rear is having drums. I could be worng, just a rough guess.
deepeshh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 10:19   #1125
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a call from the dealership finally, after about almost 2 weeks of booking. They asked for my booking reference number sent by Tata to my Email ID. Disappointing that they could not gather this information from Tata directly.

Second call came from the Tata call centre, asking me about me reason for booking and my profile in general, including what all cars I have, any other car being considered and what am I looking out for in the Harrier. To my amusement, "I want to buy a new car" was not a convincing enough reason for the lady on the phone and her reply was " Any other reason to book the Harrier"!
drmohitg is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks