Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:07   #121
BANNED

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs

Guys, the above one is a PROTOTYPE! Anyone who has been inside a Tata Nexon will not doubt that H5X is going to get a very good looking interior. Tata engineers would have at least that knowledge that a vehicle higher in segment than Nexon should get more better interior. Please don’t start another Tata bashing series that too based on imaginations. What do you expect from prototypes afterall .
The Rationalist is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:09   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Guys, the above one is a PROTOTYPE! Anyone who has been inside a Tata Nexon will not doubt that H5X is going to get a very good looking interior. Tata engineers would have at least that knowledge that a vehicle higher in segment than Nexon should get more better interior. Please don’t start another Tata bashing series that too based on imaginations. What do you expect from prototypes afterall .
Agree compleyely. This is a pre production prototype. Rough edges are expected. The final version will be very different.
Nissan1180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:13   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
It doesn't appear to be as roomy at the back as XUV 500...considering the front seats appear to be in fully forward position.
Is it really fair to compare the interiors of a 7 seater car to that of the 5 seater? Clearly you can see the interior pics are of a 5 seater version?
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:28   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Yes and the interiors appears to be pretty average. Probably some problem with the photographs as such.
Plastics are not production grade as it can be seen from the shiny finish. Thats common in early spottings of test cars.

Going by all their recent launches - I don't think we need to worry about interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Is it really fair to compare the interiors of a 7 seater car to that of the 5 seater? Clearly you can see the interior pics are of a 5 seater version?
Bound to happen when prices overlap.

Just the same way Compass and Creta gets compared to XUV 5OO and Hexa.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd February 2018 at 10:30.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:47   #125
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

Cup holder location looks odd (what is that pull type lever?)
Looks like additional measuring device for test run.

Does this car come with a electro-mechanical park brake? Or could this funky module be a parking brake lever with display showing brake activated? I do not see the standard parking brake lever. Moreover if there is a bottle placed then this kind of lever could be a bit of work around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Front seat belt not adjustable height?
I see a well where the seat belt is connected. This usually has a sliding plate inside which will adjust the seat belt height. So I assume this is integrated.

The arm rest also looks too small. Generally they slide frontwards for proper positioning of arm.

No rear AC vents?

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 15:49   #126
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Looking at the gear knob, looks as if it has 6 forward gears. I guess the reverse comes to top left slot instead of regular bottom right slot. (I don't know how to address these, sorry)..
Any clue/guesses about the third row, if at all it exists??

Saurabh.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 15:53   #127
BHPian

What is it with Tata that they cant do without the Aria/Hexa-ish design of the third window? this might just spoil the effectiveness of the overall effort.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-untitled.png
globemaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 16:16   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Hey Saurabh,

Looking at the rear seat space and also looking at the way the rear hatch is scooped, I doubt if there is any room for a 3rd row to be thrown in. But well, this is India and I'm sure that manufacturers won't shy away from throwing in a pair of jump seats to call it a 7 seater without a shame.

It looks like a very promising package though. Given that how Tata has evolved with their recent launches and their improvement in the design and overall quality, I'm sure a lot of folks would be keeping a close watch on this one.

Cheers!
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 16:38   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post

Saurabh.
The third row seems to be in the second car which will largely be based on the H5X but with a taller broader & maybe longer rear as seen in the Impact design video. I have posted an ink-outlined blowup of a screen-grab from the video in a previous post(page 7) on this thread.
nainan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 16:40   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by globemaster View Post
What is it with Tata that they cant do without the Aria/Hexa-ish design of the third window? this might just spoil the effectiveness of the overall effort.

Attachment 1734276
I have seen design of near Production version of this suv and the Design is not like hexa/Area-ish . It is more like H5X Concept and thats awesome.
tushky is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 17:41   #131
BHPian

Here is the H7 outline superimposed on an H5. Please pardon the quality of graphics.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-h7overlaidonh5.png  

nainan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 18:32   #132
BANNED

Just noticed: the C-pillar is too similar to that of the 2018 GMC Terrain!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-automobilesnew2018gmcterrain1112427leftsidephotoimage.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tata0.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 18:39   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I have seen design of near Production version of this suv and the Design is not like hexa/Area-ish . It is more like H5X Concept and thats awesome.
Tushky

Please share a bit more - is this a 5 or 7 seater?
And you mention that you have seen a near production version; does that mean the launch is in the next few months?

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:20   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post

And you mention that you have seen a near production version; does that mean the launch is in the next few months?

cheers
lazy
They clearly mentioned that launch is going to be in first quarter next year (Apr to June 2019). They will continue their testing till then.

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd February 2018 at 19:34.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 19:46   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Tushky

Please share a bit more - is this a 5 or 7 seater?

cheers
lazy
5 Seater. I have seen the design of it, not the actual car. they will may change few elements in coming months. but i can assure you that the suv is a real looker
tushky is online now   (15) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks