Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2018, 12:16   #61
BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
If Hexa coexists with this and the H7X, it might be a bit ironic then with the SUVs having monocoque chassis and MUV having the more traditional body on frame.
I agree with you. It would be interesting to see how Tata manages to position them and maintains respective value proposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Do we then logically need Hexa and H7X to coexist? Because if H7X is priced close to Hexa, it could cannibalise whatever sales Hexa has.
Well it's too early to speculate I believe.
I think they can coexist. Even H7X is priced too competitively then it will be say choice between H7X manual (base) vs Hexa Automatic (top). To maintain the exclusivity of H7X, 4x4 and 4x4 with automatic gear box for a 7 seater may only be available in H7X and current Hexa 4x4 manual may be discontinued. But again a speculation, Tata must be having defined plans already.
FirstRay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 14:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

This was my prediction last week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

12-14 L ex-showroom for base variant is what my prediction
Now Tata tweeted an article from StuffIndia
Quote:
Jaguars have already been stripped down to cabs for Taj Hotel Mumbai. Land Rover is trying to punch above its weight for quite some time. Who wins? Tata! Why? ‘Cos finally that bold look from the Rover Discovery is seeping into the Tata’s design. Cars that once looked like Sada Dosa, now hold a sense of Yorkshire pudding. Albeit, a bit on the plumper side but hey, check that backside. It’s got some Italian chic to it. It will be available in a 5 seater and 7 seater arrangement with 2.0 litre Multijet II diesel engine spinning those massive 22 inch wheels. It’s not just another all bark no bite from Tata. The 5 seater will have 140hp and the 7 seater will push to 170hp. By the way, how does two wheel and four wheel drivetrain squished in a pocket-friendly segment of ₹13lacs sound to you? Like the slow whining of Jeep Compass owners? We’ll only know in due time.
source: www.stuff.tv

Now, do we know what to expect in terms of base variant pricing?. Should I start saving?

Last edited by Latheesh : 12th February 2018 at 14:22.
Latheesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 14:31   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Now Tata tweeted an article from StuffIndia
I was going to dismiss the article just because it doesn't look like they know their 'stuff', but the fact that TATA tweeted it raises eyebrows.

At 13L for the 4*4 - both Creta and Compass are dead!

God bless competition.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 18:19   #64

Did this small copy-paste work on photoshop while on a discussion about H5X on another group. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tata-pub.png  

saitanay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 18:30   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saitanay View Post
Did this small copy-paste work on photoshop while on a discussion about H5X on another group. What do you think?
Quite unnecessary IMO.

Nexon had a resemblance (specially for the masses) and it was still on the Indica Vista platform. But Hexa, Tiago and Tigor have managed to differentiate themselves quite well.

This being a new JLR platform, I don't think it will end up having any resemblance to the Vista. Humanity Line treatment might be similar as on the Hexa instead.

PS - Not a bad PS job though. Colours and lines merged well.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th February 2018 at 18:31.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 20:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs

If they have masked the grille the way I think, this is how it is going to look in the production car.

I don't know what headlamps will they fit in that thin a space. I guess, we will have to wait and watch.

If they say they will be retaining around 80-85% of the concept, I will say the entire sheet metal is going to stay. Only the over styled bumpers and interiors are going to change.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tata-h5x.jpg  

Last edited by ashutoshb : 12th February 2018 at 20:31.
ashutoshb is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 20:31   #67
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well if It was possible to do a thumbs down to a post I would have done that in this case.

While the art work skills are quite good. We all on this thread are 100% sure that the end result won't be as dull as this. The tri point element on the fog light is confirmed as also a minimum of Hexa type grill and look thought that is version 1 of their humanity line transformation and design language.
ACM is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 21:30   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Correct. What we see here is just the concept.

How many of these features and styling elements make it to production remains to be seen. We can at least judge the price of the product only after the production version is unveiled. But don't you worry my friend ! By the time it is launched, many people would have slotted it price wise against a wide range of cars starting from Altos to Fortuners in the name of "wishes and day dreams" or even have a analysis that says "Being a Tata, this should be priced less than 10L to succeed". And then we will also see a few who put the same image in MS Paint, elongate it and then upload it here asking something like "how many likes do I get for this?" !
Quoting myself from a previous page. I could not help it. Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but what was the intention of the PS job ?
Will the final product come with this front? NO
Will the final product have a resemblance to Vista? NO
Then what is it?
DieselAddikt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 21:55   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Not impressed Based on the last few launches of Tata, they have been very good at carrying what is featured in their concept to the actual launch vehicle. I have seen outrageous concepts by competitors like Maruti Suzuki, which end up being just ugly. Tata has been very good in transpiring concepts to actual cars.
Madhu_Bengaluru is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 23:21   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I don't know what headlamps will they fit in that thin a space. I guess, we will have to wait and watch.
I'm guessing that the lines on top are DRLs and maybe turn indicators.

The headlights must be a part of the angular design in the bumper.

Even the Kia concept had something similar I guess, but with more straight lines.
N.r.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 23:28   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have you seen the Fortuner's headlights? Super slim design.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 07:49   #72
Senior - BHPian

^

Yes, but the Fortuner's headlights are bigger where the projector is, it then slims down inwards. H5X appears even slimmer.
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 08:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

How many here feel this car in production avatar should be launched as the

1. H5X ?
2. Safari ?
3. Storme ?
4. Sierra ?
I feel H5X is nice contemporary name. While Safari is a solid brand for Tata I feel it still carries negative attributes in the minds of the larger car buying population whereas H5X is quite cool. Almost like the name of a smart phone.

Last edited by narayan : 13th February 2018 at 08:58.
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 08:57   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
How many here feel this car in production avatar should be launched as the

1. H5X ?
2. Safari ?
3. Storme ?

I feel H5X is still a good contemporary name. While Safari is a solid brand for Tata I feel it still carries negative attributes in the minds of the larger car buying population whereas H5X is quite cool. Almost like the name of a smart phone.
I mentioned this elsewhere in the same thread. I would like the H5X production version to be called the Sierra. May be the 7 seater can take the Safari plate.

Sierra when launched set a style trend with the glass roof and 2 doors. IMO H5X is the true modern version of Sierra.
octane_100 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 09:05   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
^

Yes, but the Fortuner's headlights are bigger where the projector is, it then slims down inwards. H5X appears even slimmer.
Look at the projectors in the bumper above the fogs and below the headlight. That is probably the main headlight and the slim one we see is just a DRL.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed