Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2018, 15:42   #931
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

The Harrier is fresh & pleasing to look at; yet will this not disturb the JLR customer base? Though brand has its own pull and even VW shares same platform and engine & transmission across multiple brands (mass market to premium), I am quite skeptical on long term implications of using JLR technology in TML.

The platform development cost has been borne by JLR customers and a mass market offering will be reaping the benefits of it at say a price point which is lower than INR 2 million !!!

Last edited by navin : 16th October 2018 at 17:03. Reason: typo
Old 15th October 2018, 15:50   #932
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
The Harrier is fresh & pleasing to look at; yet will this not disturb the JLR customer base? Though brand has its own pull and even VW shares same platform and engine & transmission across multiple brands (mass market to premium), I am quite skeptical on long term implications of use of JLR technology in TML.

The platform development cost has been borne by JLR customers and a mass market offering will be reaping the benefits of it at say a price point which is lower than INR 2 million !!!
With the same platform, JLR uses lightweight aluminium construction, which makes it expensive. Also, there would be differences in the quality of other materials, process, specs and yes, finally the brand.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 16:00   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Looks cool in the orange shade. Should have dual tone shades as well.
This looks true to the concept H5X.
The Alloys are very bland just look like a full steel cover. Or do they plan to get diamond cut alloys for the production version?
anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 16:03   #934
BHPian

Booked at Prerana Motors , BTM Layout , B'lor.

Dealership doesn't have any more information other than what is already floating around on internet. Test drives and deliveries are expected to begin from mid of Jan'19.

Only PAN card details are required and of course booking amount is completely refundable at any point in time. I was told that Prerana Motors in B'lor has received around 20+ bookings so far.

Did anybody receive a SMS confirmation from Tata [not from dealer or Credit Card payment sms] on the booking? I've not received any - will be calling the SA in some time.

Last edited by somspaple : 15th October 2018 at 16:05.
somspaple is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 16:09   #935
BHPian

Had booked Nexon a year ago but did not take delivery. Later was in double mind to go for XZA or wait for new crop of SUVs being launched. But with so much hype around Harrier, decided to go for it and finally booked TATA Harrier with hope that it would be launched with Auto Version. Preferred to book with Pune Dealer. Now, the wait Begins!
DriveT is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 16:22   #936
BHPian

I have decided to not book and wait for a test drive, I cant book it without a test drive. Also there is a small chance of Jeep reducing the price of Compass after the harrier is launched. Win win for the buyers
sreejinair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 16:36   #937
Senior - BHPian

That's it, have gone ahead and made for booking against the Tata Harrier. Have got a message saying the order details would be shared in 3-4 days. I might be traveling back to the UK in the coming weeks for 6 odd months, but could not resist anymore.
This is akin to a leap of faith for most of us... Now over to you Tata. MAke us proud!
hiren.mistry is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 16:49   #938
BHPian

I booked online attaching to KHT motors , Bangalore. I have received the booking confirmation sms from TATA. Also received a mail that KHT will get back to me to get more details. Guess it'll be AADHAR and PAN card as it didn't ask me while doing online booking.
It's indeed a leap of faith for me after my personal issues with manza and TATA. The waiting game begins
v6kgang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 16:55   #939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
With the same platform, JLR uses lightweight aluminium construction, which makes it expensive. Also, there would be differences in the quality of other materials, process, specs and yes, finally the brand.
Buddy my observation relates to platform development cost and not material selection by TML while making use of it for the underpinning or the white body.

Trust I have made it clear this time.
Old 15th October 2018, 16:55   #940
Distinguished - BHPian

I just received the booking details from Tata motors. The variant mentioned is Harrier XZ. I hope we can change the variant later as I am interested in the AT variant only.

Quote:
With reference to the online booking, here's the detailed summary of your transaction.

Model Harrier
Variant Harrier XZ
Colour
Web Ref No TE7418............
Sales Order Number SO-AvsPvt........
Sales Order Date 15/OCT/2018
Dealership AUTOVIKAS SALES & SERVICE PVT. LTD.
Dealership Address 26/3-4, NAJAFGARH ROADINDUSTRIAL AREA, SHIVAJI MARG

Last edited by drmohitg : 15th October 2018 at 16:57.
drmohitg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 17:16   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I just received the booking details from Tata motors. The variant mentioned is Harrier XZ. I hope we can change the variant later as I am interested in the AT variant only.
I think it's an automated e mail. I booked the Harrier today and got the same e mail. Was surprised to see the variant mentioned as there was no such option during the booking process.
Old 15th October 2018, 18:57   #942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I think it's an automated e mail. I booked the Harrier today and got the same e mail. Was surprised to see the variant mentioned as there was no such option during the booking process.
No even on the payment confirmation page it was mentioned. See under the picture of the vehicle ( few members have attached the screenshots in previous posts). But it was by default with no option to choose from.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 19:19   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
No even on the payment confirmation page it was mentioned. See under the picture of the vehicle ( few members have attached the screenshots in previous posts). But it was by default with no option to choose from.
Yeah right! I probably missed that in the excitement of booking the car!
dhruv45in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 19:29   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
Kudos Tata! Definitely Cousins! But first or second?
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-image00001.jpg

Along with its cousin, it also has a resemblance, specially the stance (except for the rear window) with its neighborhood friend who has shared its gearbox.

sachinayak is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 19:58   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Attachment 1808210

Along with its cousin, it also has a resemblance, specially the stance (except for the rear window) with its neighborhood friend who has shared its gearbox.

Man, think about coincidence. While driving back from office just 30 mins ago, saw the Tucson next to me and thought Harrier looked the same as this and you beat me to post it Was the same colour that you have put here !
Need to compare the dimensions.

Last edited by srishiva : 15th October 2018 at 19:59.
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks