Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2018, 13:49   #1321
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
Is there hope to see the 7 seater anytime soon? The mule does not look bery different from Harrier mules

I am not convinced that this is 7 Seater prototype. This old H5X spy photo from Autocar indicates similar profile.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-index.jpg  

tushky is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 14:06   #1322
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
Is there hope to see the 7 seater anytime soon? The mule does not look bery different from Harrier mules
This is likely to be the 7 seater. Look at the extended glass area between B & C pillars and the extra overhang at the rear bumper.
If it is indeed 7 seater and if this can be launched in 1st half of 2019, it will be a very good move by Tata and they can a capture huge spectrum of SUV buyers. Start with the 5 seater basic model at 15 lakh on-road (pull away even Brezza, Ecosport buyers) and end it with 7 seater, fully loaded (Sunroof, 6 airbags, AWD....) at 25 lakh on-road (Bangalore prices). Combined units of 10000+ per month guaranteed . Go for it TATA!

Last edited by Guna : 3rd November 2018 at 14:30.
Guna is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 14:20   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This is likely to the 7 seater. Look at the extended glass area between B & C pillars and the extra overhang at the rear bumper.
If it is indeed 7 seater and if this can be launched in 1st half of 2019, it will be a very good move by Tata and they can a capture huge spectrum of SUV buyers. Start with the 5 seater basic model at 15 lakh on-road (pull away even Brezza, Ecosport buyers) and end it with 7 seater, fully loaded (Sunroof, 6 airbags, AWD....) at 25 lakh on-road (Bangalore prices). Combined units of 10000+ per month guaranteed . Go for it TATA!
I wish oh I wish they do that and then they would completely redefine the SUV space in India. It will be a revolution and a new age. They should go for a 4x4 with low range,differential locking and all the works to show the mettle of a Tata brand from the age of the Sierra and the Safari reborn with a vengeance.
nainan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 15:10   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
My hunch is, TATA will disrupt the market and this will undercut Hexa XE model with bare bones Harrier model which can be customizable.

I believe 5 seater customizable Harrier with the following:

To start at 11.99 L.

You then start adding options which will come in packages:

- Luxury Package
- Sports Package
- Technology Trend Package
I suppose TATA could just do that. They did talk of customisation options which would be more than just choosing accessories. As far as pricing is concerned, the XUV retails at 12.5 ex showroom. I expect the Harrier to begin lower than that. If this succeeds, they can price H7X above the XUV. So Harrier > Hexa > H7X. Whatever it is, it's going to be interesting
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 17:33   #1325
BHPian

A high level official in Tata told me that:

1. Harrier will be made on the same assembly line as Jeep Compass
2. A critical item required for Diesel version is yet to be finalized

This should mean that they are producing Petrol versions now
JKBKS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 17:40   #1326
BHPian

The First harrier was rolled out from the Pune plant. Not Ranjangaon where the Compass is made.
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 17:48   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
The First harrier was rolled out from the Pune plant. Not Ranjangaon where the Compass is made.
He meant the same assembly line in terms of component/materials quality that would result in same quality as that of Compass
JKBKS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:33   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBKS View Post
that would result in same quality as that of Compass
That is worrying news. Nobody wants Jeep quality.
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:45   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
He meant the same assembly line in terms of component/materials quality that would result in same quality as that of Compass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
That is worrying news. Nobody wants Jeep quality.

Well, according to the video that was released recently, the assembly line was newly set up in just six month and automated to as much as 80 percentage. So, I don't know why we are talking about it, let alone worrying about it.
Old 3rd November 2018, 22:35   #1330
BHPian

There's an interesting aspect to the Harrier vis-a-vis the Jeep Compass. There's is an alarmingly large number of low mileage Compasses in the used car markets in almost all major cities now.

The odo readings range from ~5000 to ~15000 KMs, which points to a potentially large percentage of Compass owners who are dissatisfied for some reason. Can't remember any other recent well-received launches that had so many new cars in the used market in such a shot time period.

If that's taken as an indicator of where things are, the Harrier can get a significant number of the existing Compass owners to switch. So there is good reason for Tata to price the Harrier under the Compass and if the overall experience addresses issues Compass owners are having, it will be be really bad news for Jeep.
Old 3rd November 2018, 23:06   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I don't know the full context of this statement and I may be going off the topic, but just wanted to say that 'assembly' line alone doesn't decide the quality. Quality is decided by how various components are designed, engineered and manufactured (and with what material grade). There cannot be any 'bad' or 'good' way of assembling (unless they forget to tighten the nuts and bolts ).
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 09:45   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Sorry I don't know the full context of this statement and I may be going off the topic, but just wanted to say that 'assembly' line alone doesn't decide the quality. Quality is decided by how various components are designed, engineered and manufactured (and with what material grade). There cannot be any 'bad' or 'good' way of assembling (unless they forget to tighten the nuts and bolts ).
Totally agree. I just summarized the discussion that I had that may or may not have captured the gist of the conversation.

I thought of putting it out as an information from a reliable source for whatever its worth
JKBKS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 13:11   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelust View Post
There's an interesting aspect to the Harrier vis-a-vis the Jeep Compass. There's is an alarmingly large number of low mileage Compasses in the used car markets in almost all major cities now.
Just curious about how you arrived at this conclusion?

I just searched the same on OLX and only found 33 listings pan India.

Source
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 14:05   #1334
BHPian

On Cartrade. I have no idea how do people use OLX to search for anything. They have such a terrible user experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Just curious about how you arrived at this conclusion?

I just searched the same on OLX and only found 33 listings pan India.

Source
Old 4th November 2018, 15:03   #1335
Distinguished - BHPian

Base variant of the Harrier spotted, courtesy AutoSpy at Pune.

Check out those Nexon wheelcaps!

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20181104wa0049.jpg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20181104wa0051.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (20) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed