Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:33   #2821
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ 12.69L

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Also, I like the fact that the base variant gets most, if not all, safety options and all the comfort/luxury oriented features reserved to the higher variants.
That is not how I read it! The base variant has two airbags and ABS with EBD. However, everything else like ESP, Traction control, 4 more airbags, Corner stability control, Brake assist, roll over mitigation etc seems reserved only for the top end variant - sort of similar to the way the safety features have been spread out for the Hexa (except in the unfortunate case of the XTA which is neglected in this regard!).

By the way, I don't know if I missed it somewhere but I cannot find the weight anywhere in the specs. Anyone knows how much this thing weighs?

Last edited by Strangerintown : 23rd January 2019 at 14:34.
Strangerintown is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:38   #2822
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ 12.69L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
BTW folks who already booked it here on Team-BHP, what's your take? Continuing with it or cancelling or awaiting a test drive?
Pricing is convincing to take delivery! just waiting for test drive and Team-Bhp before go ahead.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd January 2019 at 15:06. Reason: Fixing quote tags
csanthosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:38   #2823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
That is not how I read it! The base variant has two airbags and ABS with EBD. However, everything else like ESP, Traction control, 4 more airbags, Corner stability control, Brake assist, roll over mitigation etc seems reserved only for the top end variant - sort of similar to the way the safety features have been spread out for the Hexa (except in the unfortunate case of the XTA which is neglected in this regard!).

By the way, I don't know if I missed it somewhere but I cannot find the weight anywhere in the specs. Anyone knows how much this thing weighs?
Harrier is 1680 kgs according to Autocar (Kerb)

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-screen-shot-20190123-2.36.49-pm.png
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:48   #2824
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Decent pricing.

Will wait for AT, might pick it up after that.

Electric seats, Panoramic Sunroof version? Maybe an XZ+ might see light of day towards 2019 end.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:48   #2825
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Decent pricing IMO, but the fact is except for the top end variant the feature list is quite anemic especially the XE and XM variants. The XZ variant is feature-packed and feels like good value; could hit the Compass 4x2 variants a bit, but otherwise I don’t think the Harrier will have any kind of impact on Creta’s sales. More than anything, I feel the Hexa will feel the heat because of the newbie in the family.

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd January 2019 at 14:50.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:48   #2826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Will it affect:
Creta? Will be an interesting fight Creta has an advantage here IMO as a brand
XUV 5OO? Harrier will take a fair share from it IMO
Duster? This will also be affected IMO
Compass? It will become a niche car now
Additional affects :

Tata HEXA : Will move to double digits in sale figures
Renault Captur : Already dead, so no change
Nissan Kicks : Will sell in triple digits
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:51   #2827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Per month or per year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Harrier is 1680 kgs according to Autocar (Kerb)
Must say that is fairly light by Tata standards (my Safari is over 2 tons!) and only slightly heavier than the smaller Compass.

Last edited by SDP : 24th January 2019 at 00:46. Reason: Please report post to get attention of Mods
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 14:59   #2828
BHPian

When I see the price of XZ and features it offers, the base XE is overpriced. No arguments against the pricing for other variants. This makes just launched Nissan Kicks DOA. People will buy Harrier just for the looks.
knightrider_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:03   #2829
Senior - BHPian

Attaching the official product brochure of Harrier below:-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tata Harrier Jan 2019 e-Brochure.pdf (445.7 KB, 1606 views)
AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:04   #2830
Senior - BHPian

Attaching the spec sheet for everyones reference.

The pricing is great.
Let's hope the QC control has also made efforts to justify everything in the long run. That is what matters for a car which costs this much.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf press-23jan19-Key-Features.pdf (378.9 KB, 456 views)
parrys is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:10   #2831
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant pricing IMO!

It is going to be a similar story like the Nexon. And somehow I believe it will be much better than the overrated Hyundai. But everything said and done, the creta will sell in good numbers.

Let's wait and watch. Harrier will be lucky if it gets 3000 units sold every month.

BTW Tata, why don't you stop producing the Storme anymore? Does not make any sense with Harrier in place.

Indians are starting to plonk their money on Tata cars and the sales charts are a definite proof. The number of Tiagos and Nexons (even Hexa compared to Aria) seen on road does add to the fact. I can't wait to test drive the Harrier and drive back home in my Storme V400, thinking why I spent 17 lakhs on the latter

But this pricing of Harrier makes it affordable that I might even think of replacing my Ciaz diesel once it hits 100k km.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 23rd January 2019 at 15:23.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:12   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata HEXA : Will move to double digits in sale figures
Could you please elaborate the reason for the Hexa downfall? IMHO, it should sell well along with the Harrier 5 seater. However, I am unsure about what could happen to the Hexa after the launch of H7X. Currently, the Hexa should sell well as Tata has started to allow cabbies to register a Hexa. The most affected car after harrier launch would be the Compass. The Kicks is definitely going to face resistance as it is from Nissan.
RedStallion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:15   #2833
Distinguished - BHPian

Very intelligent pricing by Tata.

This car will target customers from both the segments. A segment below and a segment above.

Those who look for power but less features can settle for the lower variants. Even customers looking for S-Cross or Ecosport top variant can have a look at this car.

Creta 1.6L Crdi Sx or Sxo or even the 1.4L Crdi E+ or S variant customers will definitely give this car a look.

Compass has a different set of customers but it should dent into compass sells too.

This car will have customers from a varied range.

Plus the Land Rover platform with the Multijet 2 engine is a very tempting proposition. The car looks great too. Waiting eagerly for the Team Bhp official review.

Lets just hope, Tata has sorted the famous Tata niggles.

Keeping in mind the Harrier lacks a petrol, an automatic and an AWD, 2,000 units per month should be more than decent for TATA.

Last edited by Samba : 23rd January 2019 at 15:18.
Samba is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:17   #2834
Senior - BHPian

Now let's start a guess game which all features will be deleted in the coming months.

I predict the chrome things will be the first to go followed by some connectivity features like USB ports and storage conveniences.

My biggest gripe is the lack of petrol option, with the love for diesels declining at an alarming pace and the fuel price difference reducing at an equally quick pace, I wish Tata launches a petrol option sooner or later.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 23rd January 2019 at 15:19.
AlphaKilo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:20   #2835
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. Nice implementation over all.

Give impression that the product is high quality by using marketing talk like pedigree etc.- done
Give an impression you get a lot of value even if price is high (again pedigree and also news like customisable variants etc)- done
Create fake market price expectation (on the higher side) by controlled leaks and fake pricing disclosure- done
Release variant information and let the turbulence (due to less features) die- done
Keep interest alive by repeated leaks of impending Auto and 7 seater launches- done
Release pricing that is lower than earlier leaked prices to create yet another feeling of false value- done

I guess if we knew the prices and the variants specs together, many of us would have said that the car is over priced!!!

Yes I am one of those who initially maintained that I am ready to pay more for a well specced Harrier than the Creta and I still do . Unfortunately only model of harrier that is well specced is the top variant (that too does not have AT) and costs 1 lakh more than Creta.

I so wished these prices for the lower variants came with a car that had more features. However what we get is deletion of features on Hexa which was tremendous value just to make harrier look like a better choice than it is!!

I was hoping against hope that you could customise the variants and that was explanation behind poorly specced lower variants, but I was wrong. I don't see myself buying this car despite it's pedigree

Hexa still remains the car to buy from Tata stable for me- unless Tbhp review or my own test drive makes me change my mind!
vibbs is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks