Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2019, 16:36   #2851
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Even my trusty service advisor confirmed, "Compass is compass, can't be compared with Harrier, and if you really want to compare with Compass or even Creta - just buy new Hexa, its tried & tested".
Let me get this straight. Are you [your SA] saying/hinting "Compass is a superior/premium offering"?
If so, I beg to differ. Compass is no premium offering at all, to me. Interior design is just bland and no way close to Hexa or Harrier. So, in a way, no comparison
"Tried and Tested" factor - I think, we have come past this notion with Tata cars since the launch of Zest and Bolt. Come on, lets give the credit where its due.

Quote:
I met 2 people who bought Hexa automatic because Harrier wasn't available in automatic, they didn't look disappointed looking at the Harrier.
Right, we could possibly see an increase in Hexa sales for 2 reasons - 1 being no AT in Harrier and 2nd being the buyers coming in for the first time to Tata showroom for Harrier might have a pleasant surprise to see/buy Hexa!

Last edited by kaviprem : 23rd January 2019 at 16:38.
kaviprem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 16:40   #2852
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Split rear seat should have been standard across variants for this type of vehicle. 60:40 split for the lower variants and 40:20:40 for the top one. I appreciate Maruti on this aspect.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 16:45   #2853
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ 12.69L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

BTW folks who already booked it here on Team-BHP, what's your take? Continuing with it or cancelling or awaiting a test drive?
I've booked one during early days of bookings being open. Since my requirement is strictly AT (can live without AWD), I've pretty much decided to cancel the booking which I informed SA during display event as well. He had requested me to decide after doing a TD which I agreed to.

I believe the prices are just about on par or slightly higher. It's just that TML had set the expectations which they were always trying to undercut and give a feel good factor. I don't think it will have much impact on Creta given that Hyundai has proven ASS, generally have shorter turnaround time for updates and multiple engine + fuel + transmission option. I think Harrier will create it's own space but can't think it selling more than 1500-2000 copies at best after initial euphoria dies down.

Hope they bring in H7X early. Till that time, wait continues for a decent AT SUV around 20 lakhs
Old 23rd January 2019, 16:46   #2854
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Nobody is even considering new born Kicks in this comparison.
I did consider putting Kicks but then, there was nothing desirable in that and "Kicked" it out I even didn't want to compare Duster but since it is the same size as Creta and a good performer in the market, put it in the comparison anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Here's how the Harrier lines up against its main rivals on the price graph.
this graph is very good for comparison. Advantage for Creta is that they can market the product by saying it is cheaper than the Harrier. but the gap between variants is bigger compared to Harrier and way behind in the features comparison.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 16:55   #2855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

this graph is very good for comparison. Advantage for Creta is that they can market the product by saying it is cheaper than the Harrier. but the gap between variants is bigger compared to Harrier and way behind in the features comparison.
I think the graph is skewed in Creta's favour primarily because of the lower Petrol variants.

Take the 1.6 diesel in comparison to the Harrier, the prices are very much comparable.

Albeit, Completely agree that the Korean trumps the Harrier on features though.

Last edited by SDP : 24th January 2019 at 07:56. Reason: tho -> though
shortbread is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 16:57   #2856
BHPian

Pretty decent pricing, IMHO. And I just got the call to pickup my cancellation cheque yesterday. The vehicle has also reached my local showroom and I will be going to check it out this Sunday. No automatic is a big downer and I think the originally indicated pricing must've been including the automatic. If you look at it that way, this pricing makes sense.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:01   #2857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStallion View Post
Could you please elaborate the reason for the Hexa downfall? IMHO, it should sell well along with the Harrier 5 seater. However, I am unsure about what could happen to the Hexa after the launch of H7X. Currently, the Hexa should sell well as Tata has started to allow cabbies to register a Hexa. The most affected car after harrier launch would be the Compass. The Kicks is definitely going to face resistance as it is from Nissan.
Agree with you. Spec for spec, the Hexa is better kitted than the Harrier.

Let's list out a few points

Engine. Hexa has a bigger engine with more bhp and torque

Interior: Hexa has 10 speaker jbl audio versus 9 for Harrier, mood lighting, rear ac, captains seats, rear window blinds, extra row of seats, lumbar support on 4 out of 6 seats, provision of sunroof, misses out on keyless go and auto stop/start

Mechanicals: a more roboust ladder on frame chassis, better rough road capability, 4*4 option, autobox option, 19 inch alloy, usable roof rails, auto folding mirrors (post bcm programming), higher car, more SUV feel, better body cladding, better front and rear bumper protection

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd January 2019 at 18:59. Reason: Minor formatting for improved readability
AirbusCapt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:11   #2858
Senior - BHPian

The sales advisor at KHT just sent me the OTR prices :
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20190123wa0011.jpg

He too agreed it's priced too close to XUV5OO.
GrammarNazi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:34   #2859
BHPian

Harrier fuel efficiency figure is 16.7 kpl as per ARAI.

Source: Autocar

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-411234

For reference, Compass ARAI-certified FE figure is 17.1 kpl (two-wheel-drive diesel variant)

Last edited by RedStallion : 23rd January 2019 at 17:39.
RedStallion is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:46   #2860
Senior - BHPian

Any clue on what Petrol motor will power future Harrier variants?

Being Front wheel drive it could be the 4 cylinder variant of the existing 3 cyl. Revotron powering the Tiago, or a bored out version of the Bolt/Zest unit (itself derived from the 1.4 erstwhile engine).

Maybe perhaps the easiest option of sourcing the Fiat 1.4 Multi Air.
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:51   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1840200

He too agreed it's priced too close to XUV5OO.
If you could get the prices of Hexa after discount from same dealer, then it would give us another dimension to compare.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:55   #2862
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1840200
Wow!! Pay around 18 lakhs and still you don't get auto-AC, rear defogger, ISOFIX, rear camera etc.
knightrider_7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:03   #2863
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a feature comparison of the mid variants- XM and XT vis a vis similarly priced models of Hexa, XUV and Creta?

Let's for the moment keep all talks of pedigree, quality (or lack of), road presence etc aside and compare on hard facts rather than subjective aspects and see where Harrier stands in front of the competition.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:03   #2864
BHPian

Just Shot out my cancellation email to TM. Automatic is a must have for me, disappointing to see no mention of that by Tata till now, Considering how proactive their marketing team were for the last 6 months.

Another factor i don't understand is, i've not received a single call from KHT to ask me to complete my booking formalities or even submit PAN card/AADHAR card etc., since the time of my booking.

May be they were waiting for the pricing announcement to take place to start chasing the customers to complete their booking. I've prebooked within 2 minutes of the booking going live and definitely should be on top of the pile for delivery atleast for KHT motors.

The way communication was handled from beginning, the way the exhibit event was handled in bangalore, the way KHT has behaved till now has been very shabby to say the least. Loved the product though, will evaluate fresh when AT gets launched.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd January 2019 at 18:58. Reason: Minor formatting for improved readability
Old 23rd January 2019, 18:06   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
Wow!! Pay around 18 lakhs and still you don't get auto-AC, rear defogger, ISOFIX, rear camera etc.
That's the price one has to pay for buying a vehicle from this segment. Obviously, if the vehicle starts at 17L and goes up to 21L, you will miss some features in the basic/mid variants. Only question is, what are those features and it's debatable what feature should come in which variant.

If someone who has a budget of 17L, he wouldn't/shouldn't mind paying another Lakh and get the next variant. Those who started with the budget of 15L and were enticed by the prospect of a bigger vehicle by stretching a bit, will be in a fix.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd January 2019 at 18:57. Reason: Minor formatting
prakash_ajp is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed