Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2019, 19:41   #2941
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Just came back from the showroom.

We were impressed by the looks, size, overall fit and finish and will be going ahead with the purchase.

I really wanted to see the XM and XT variants, but they only have XZs, for now.

We were told that the road tests will be made available next week and our car would be delivered in February.

I wanted to spend some more time in the car, but since the place was a little crowded, thought will do it once the car comes home for the TD.

Attaching the Delhi price list here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
We have seen instrument cluster with 7" color TFT display in various reviews of the top variant. Would be interesting to see how mid/lower variants' instrument cluster looks.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-harrier-price-list-delhi.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 20:00   #2942
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Harrier looks great, reminds me of some of the recent LR SUVs/Crossovers. For the first time, it looks like Tata is finally making the break into the league of biggies and is worth considering against the likes of Honda, Toyota, Jeep and Hyundai. I will surely consider a test drive of this car to supplement my "age old" Civic. I still enjoy my civic though and its not going anywhere.
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 20:02   #2943
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Harrier's ACI Price Check!

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 20:26   #2944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
I'm 5'10' and maintains a reasonably relaxed driving posture, however even in the Storme I find the legroom to be insufficient despite the driver seat being pushed all the way back. .

Are you sure ?

Because I am 6'2 and I have been using Safaris for 7 years now. Not once have I felt the need for legroom either in the Dicor or the Storme. In fact it would accomodate even taller guys (6'4-6'5) without any issue.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th January 2019 at 23:47. Reason: Minor formatting
PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 20:34   #2945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
not sure of the source or if genuine, but received these from a friend who is just as crazy about this beast as I am.
There were similar niggles and issues with QC on the HEXA two years ago when I went to test drive it. Disheartening that QC issues persist with the Harrier as well
These seem to be from the pre-production version. From the media drives. Given the canopy of the Hotel in Jodhpur. Some publication had mentioned these during their initial review with the caveat that these were probably pre-production issues.
Given that there is a significant amount of robotization in the assembly line of the Harrier, these are not to be expecting forward. Would be very disappointing if these turn up in someone's ownership thread.

On a side note, didn't spot any such issues in the 2 Harriers that I sat in during the display at Mumbai. But then again, reports on this forum indicate that there could be 2 different set of vehicles doing the rounds.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 22:32   #2946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Attaching the Delhi price list here.
The insurance quote is through the roof!
Can easily halve that amount if opting from outside.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 22:40   #2947
BHPian

I was one of the few lucky ones to test drive the new Harrier at Prerana motors Bangalore . Tata has come a long way , what a car . The interiors are top notch , space is supreme , drives like a car and in sport mode the surge is mindblowing .I got to drive in the city under normal traffic conditions . The view from the drivers seat is good and you can clearly see the bonnet . The side view mirrors offer super view . The music system is better than an X1 my friend drives.
Fortuner71 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 22:45   #2948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
That includes 3 years of 3rd party. This component is a fair part of the total insurance each year. So, when you renew, you will be paying lesser that a single-year comprehensive premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
I was one of the few lucky ones to test drive the new Harrier at Prerana motors Bangalore . Tata has come a long way , what a car . The interiors are top notch , space is supreme , drives like a car and in sport mode the surge is mindblowing.
Thanks for that, sir. Will take your word. Not that I believed the nay-sayers in this thread.

Do we see the Storme making way for this Jet?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th January 2019 at 23:47. Reason: Minor formatting
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 23:09   #2949
Senior - BHPian

Superb pricing by Tata. And an extremely capable product with very little of crudeness that you found in Tata cars a few years back. Several leaders in Tata have remarked that though the Nano was regarding a failure outside it was a great learning in terms of frugal engineering. Looks like those lessons are finally being revealed in the pricing of the current generation products.

Quote:
What a Fantastic pricing ! I never thought TATA would position it against Creta as well. Should easily take a big pie from superstar Creta (assuming most of it's sales come from the 1.6 diesel), the ageing XUV and the Compass. Innova may remain unshaken thanks to the bulletproof Toyota reliability and peace of ownership.
While the Harrier may take some sales from the Creta, I am not sure it may result in the Creta sales plungig down by a huge level. The Creta is in the sweet spot footprint wise. It is big enough to have SUV trappings and small enough to be manoeuvrable in the city where a large majority of these SUVs spend their days. The Harrier looks to be a bit bulky in that sense. And as idiosyncratic as it might seem the lack of a sun roof.

Quote:
I'm sure you are aware that without (even) an AWD, the Harrier remains a pseudo SUV and hence adventures is out of question. Manual gearbox matters to performance cars and performance enthusiasts- for a regular joe, automatic solves their biggest pain point.
Even without AWD the front wheel drive Harrier was able to work wonders in the dunes of Rajasthan with it's terrin response system. In fact there was a video in which one of the journalists stuck the vehicle in the sand and the Harrier made it out under it's own power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
The side view mirrors offer super view . The music system is better than an X1 my friend drives.
Some of the reviews mention that the side mirrors caused huge blindspots. Did you feel the same?

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th January 2019 at 23:46. Reason: Minor formatting
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 23:43   #2950
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Yep do take an outside quote. Generally TATA Dealer will closely match a competing quote when shown. Then you can opt for either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
That includes 3 years of 3rd party. This component is a fair part of the total insurance each year. So, when you renew, you will be paying lesser that a single-year comprehensive premium.
But he still can get an outside quote at 50% of what the authorized dealer will offer especially without competition. 3 yrs third party portion would be compulsory even for outside agent to offer.

Last edited by ACM : 24th January 2019 at 23:45.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 00:07   #2951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Yep do take an outside quote. Generally TATA Dealer will closely match a competing quote when shown. Then you can opt for either.

But he still can get an outside quote at 50% of what the authorized dealer will offer especially without competition. 3 yrs third party portion would be compulsory even for outside agent to offer.
+1.

Plus one also has the option of several add-ons (engine protector, return to invoice, tyre & key protector etc etc) which I'm sure isn't being included otherwise.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 02:02   #2952
BHPian

Great car at a fantastic price. However, I think the split headlights are a little too busy. This would have been drool worthy if they had shaped the headlights like those in the latest gen LR/RR products. Not the exact same shape of the unit or the DRLs, but similar.
Old 25th January 2019, 02:36   #2953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
Great car at a fantastic price. However, I think the split headlights are a little too busy. This would have been drool worthy if they had shaped the headlights like those in the latest gen LR/RR products. Not the exact same shape of the unit or the DRLs, but similar.
I think the lights look better in person than in pics. Yes, they could've done with a little less chrome in them, probably slightly smoked even.
The one thing I didn't like was the halogen & hid combo setup. Looks odd to see yellow & white light inside one housing.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 08:54   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post

Some of the reviews mention that the side mirrors caused huge blindspots. Did you feel the same?
I did not feel that in anyway , drove almost 5-6km within city limits .

Last edited by Fortuner71 : 25th January 2019 at 08:54. Reason: spelling
Fortuner71 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 09:51   #2955
BHPian

Multiple Harrier power train options under development:-

Quote:
Our sources close to the company have told us that a more powerful 180PS tune for the Harrier is in the works.
If the below is true I suppose the power and torque curves could be substantially different from the Compass.

Quote:
But here in the Harrier, Tata has used a different turbo and re-tuned the motor to better suit the character of the Harrier.
source

Quote:
TATA HARRIER PHEV IN THE WORKS
source

Last edited by SDP : 25th January 2019 at 20:32. Reason: Typo
nainan is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks