Old 9th February 2018, 17:51   #31

re: The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs

If the pricing is right, this car will be part of my garage on launch - In the diesel +Auto guise.

My 2008 CRV is turning 10 and this will be the perfect replacement.

Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Headlights are LEDs for high & low beam:
Attachment 1726650

Note the camera here. It's part of the LaneWatch system that displays a video feed on the infotainment screen - helping drivers avoid blind spots:
Attachment 1726651

That said, look at the zoomed photograph of the headlight and the OVRM, the amount of fine scratches on the paintwork are quite shocking specially for a show car!! Honda should have spent some money on compounding and waxing.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 9th February 2018 at 17:55.
Old 9th February 2018, 18:34   #32

I cannot believe Honda chose to use the 9 speed transmission and has not learned from its mistakes here in the USA. They are having so many issues with ZF 9 speed they have in the Pilot and I know people who have had transmissions replaced at 15000 miles. They should have gone with CVT.

Interested to see 3rd row being added but I think it will be a fit only for small kids at best.
sabros is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 19:18   #33

Originally Posted by sabros View Post
I cannot believe Honda chose to use the 9 speed transmission and has not learned from its mistakes here in the USA.
Are these issues occurring in newer versions too? I was under the impressions they were fixed post a recall.
Old 9th February 2018, 19:47   #34

The issue was more prominent in 2016 but continues in 2017 version as well. I test drove a 17 with 9 speed( touring) last month and the transmission was not responsive at all and sometimes took more than 2 seconds to respond to throttle input. Ended up getting a 6 speed version( EXL).

There was no recall for the transmission as far as I know.

Not driven 2018 yet but from the specs on paper nothing has changed.
sabros is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 22:44   #35

Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Interior - Front

A cushioned pad has been added to the side of the center console, to keep the passenger's right knee happy:
Attachment 1726699
Wow, that's awesome Honda. Oh, wait! My CRV (LHD, US version) has the cushion on the Driver Side to protect my knee. Looks like Honda just decided to reuse the entire front dash from the LHD vehicles!
torque!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 07:40   #36

Originally Posted by torque!! View Post
Wow, that's awesome Honda. Oh, wait! My CRV (LHD, US version) has the cushion on the Driver Side to protect my knee. Looks like Honda just decided to reuse the entire front dash from the LHD vehicles!
You mean, in the US version the cushion pad is not there for passenger side? In RHD version, I think its there for both the driver and passenger (ref: CRV Australian model)

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-crvdesigndash2x2.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 07:43   #37

You mean, in the US version the cushion pad is not there for passenger side? In RHD version, I think its there for both the driver and passenger (ref: CRV Australian model)

Attachment 1728644
Nope, no cushion on passenger side! It’s there on the driver side only.
torque!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 08:32   #38

Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
This is a move that solves no problem but certainly creates some new ones. It is easier to move the shifter than to look and press couple of buttons.
at least having a rotary gear selector knob in that place would have been better instead of these buttons!
Old 10th February 2018, 11:03   #39

I think this is a massive improvement in looks and features over the previous version.

Curious to know if the 2.4 litre petrol will also have the ZF9 speed transmission? The previous generation auto gear boxes are super reliable but extremely sluggish.

I can't imagine them dropping features like the sun-roof, I think it will be available in the top model for sure. Overall its got quite a few features. My current vehicle will be 9 years old next month. This could be a worthy replacement.
Old 10th February 2018, 13:49   #40

The current crv with the paddle shifters is a wonderful performer - not at par with the santa fe in terms of outright acceleration, but there is a joy with a petrol - Honda high revver!

I do maintain my dislike for the button based gear selection, because this is something that works well without looking at the Shifter. Most people will have issues - especially because CRV will usually be taken by people who are not first time car buyers, and also they are likely to have another car in the household with a Shifter.

Both of the previous Crv editions had a slightly hard Shifter, the old (pre 2011)especially so. Maybe they have been influenced by that experience.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th February 2018 at 08:14. Reason: edited for typo
Old 10th February 2018, 23:05   #41

Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
The new king of the 1.6 Diesel segment with regard to output.

Hope it is not the problematic ZF9 speeder.

CRV's main shortcoming has been addressed with the inclusion of the Diesel powerplant and now with the 3rd row it should appeal to more people.
It is probably the same problematic ZF9 speed transmission. Honda do not have any other 9 speed transmission in their parts bin. They are slowly replacing this transmission with the new in-house developed 10 speed in the newer models. Hope we will get this critically acclaimed 10 speed here in the diesel CRV as a future upgrade. Petrol models may have the same US spec CVT transmission.
Old 11th February 2018, 08:16   #42

The diesel unit is down on torque. 350 NM for a large vehicle is not enough. Even the sub 10 lac Safari makes 400Nm torque. Honda should have developed a proper 2 Litre diesel.

Originally Posted by*Rehaan*

Interior - Front

A cushioned pad has been added to the side of the center console, to keep the passenger's right knee happy:
Attachment 1726699

Wow, that's awesome Honda. Oh, wait! My CRV (LHD, US version) has the cushion on the Driver Side to protect my knee. Looks like Honda just decided to reuse the entire front dash from the LHD vehicles
Very good observation. In automatic vehicles, it is in fact the driver who needs this cushion on the left knee. I miss it in my Rapid. I am planning to add it as after market.

Last edited by F150 : 11th February 2018 at 08:23.
Old 12th February 2018, 13:59   #43

Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
I spoke to a few dealers and they said that the CR-V will definitely be priced above the Tucson but below the Fortuner. I expect it to be priced bang against the Tiguan.
The extra 2 seats is a clear indication that the prices of CRV will overlap with that of Fortuner. In Bangalore the Highline Tiguan costs about 38 which is same as 4x2 AT version of Fortuner. Anything less than 35lacs for Diesel, Is going to be only a Introductory price.

Originally Posted by F150 View Post
The diesel unit is down on torque. 350 NM for a large vehicle is not enough. Even the sub 10 lac Safari makes 400Nm torque. Honda should have developed a proper 2 Litre diesel.
While 350NM is quite decent by SUV standards, we should forget this is a monocoque. The CRV is going to be much lighter than the traditional ladder frame SUV's. To put a comparison, the Tiguan makes about 340NM of torque. That said a frugal 2L diesel would have worked wonders for CRV.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 16:10   #44

Is it going to be the same 9 speed ZF Automatic that would do duty in the upcoming Compass Diesel AT as well?

It does indeed seem to be the same ZF 9 speed transmission that will also appear in the Jeep Compass Automatic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_9HP_transmission

The article below describes some of the problems I have read about the transmission:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/classi...125-story.html
Old 12th February 2018, 20:56   #45

Originally Posted by Naveen_0181 View Post
at least having a rotary gear selector knob in that place would have been better instead of these buttons!
Although I do not like the 9 speed, one thing worth praising is that it automatically shifts to park if you open driver door or turn the ignition off..

Given that you would most probably user only D and R switches 90% of the time.