Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 16:22   #46
BHPian

re: The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Tiguan has flopped at because of it's pricing but the CRV offers better value in most way(besides the panoramic roof, hope they get that in) hence it should sell well even if priced at par. However, Honda should perhaps try and undercut the Tiguan by maybe a lakh to really see volumes flow in.
Last time that I had read about Tiguan, it had sold all the pieces it had got to India and there was still some bookings that were to be catered too.

I may be wrong, that's what I had read.
Old 13th February 2018, 19:06   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Last time that I had read about Tiguan, it had sold all the pieces it had got to India and there was still some bookings that were to be catered too.

I may be wrong, that's what I had read.
They have sold barely 500 Tiguans in 6 months. I wouldn't call double-digit sales a month any success in the SUV segment
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 22:34   #48
Team-BHP Support

Honda CR-V @ Auto Expo 2018

Quote:
They have sold barely 500 Tiguans in 6 months. I wouldn't call double-digit sales a month any success in the SUV segment

Man. I wonder whether they're giving good discounts if that's the case, knock off a lakh or so and it's a darn good buy.

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th February 2018 at 22:39.
Old 14th February 2018, 14:49   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
True, but look at the pricing - it was destined to be a failure at launch it self, so its commendable they've got the numbers right and managed to clear their 2017 stock in time.

The CR-V has to be priced in Tucson territory, and needs to be positioned as an Urban SUV - something that would make D Segment sedans fight it out.
Given the road conditions, a lot of people are considering Cross-overs and SUVs over sedans!
Old 14th February 2018, 15:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The CR-V has to be priced in Tucson territory, and needs to be positioned as an Urban SUV - something that would make D Segment sedans fight it out.
Given the road conditions, a lot of people are considering Cross-overs and SUVs over sedans!
While it would be awesome if CRV is priced in the Tucson territory, I think Honda is going to price it at a premium. Last gen 5 seater crv petrol that has less number of features costs a couple of lakhs more than diesel Tucson. Since the new crv is going to be a 5+2 seater diesel that is a lot more feature loaded, I wouldn't be surprised if the price gap widens further.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 14th February 2018 at 15:04.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2018, 15:05   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
While it would be awesome if CRV is priced in the Tucson territory, I think Honda is going to price it at a premium. Last gen 5 seater crv petrol that has less number of features costs a couple of lakhs more than diesel Tucson. Since the new crv is going to be a 5+2 seater diesel that is a lot more feature loaded, I wouldn't be surprised if the price gap widens further.
True, but anything higher and we are talking of Tiguan territory - IMO nicer looking interiors, more premium styling, better engine, etc.
But then again - it's honda! People bought the Accord Hybrid at 40L ex-showroom!
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:19   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India has opened the official homepage of the 2018 CR-V.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/AllNewCRV/

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-crv1.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 08:12   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

It’s high time Honda gives some approx timelines of launch!
Any insider scoops on this?
Old 24th February 2018, 10:19   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Really don't think the CRV will work at anything more than Tucson prices. And even at that, low three digit monthly numbers will be considered a success. At the 25L and above price point, customers always have the option of putting in a few lakh extra to buy something they really want. Utility, image and bad road ability seekers will always head straight to the nearest Toyota or Ford showroom. Those looking for something more posh and with performance and snob badge prefer the BMW X1. Rest of the competition is left with only crumbs to play with.

This is a hard reality. CRV's as well as Honda's brand value is also no longer what it was a decade back. They really need to come up with shock prices, at least initially. Otherwise, they may very well do a Tiguan or Accord and call selling off their tinny annual quota a win

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 24th February 2018 at 10:21.
Old 26th February 2018, 13:32   #55
BHPian

[quote=Shreyans_Jain;4362153]Really don't think the CRV will work at anything more than Tucson prices...

...25-30 lakhs on road will make this a huge hit. I will not be surprised to see it hitting 3 digits in monthly sales at this price point!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th February 2018 at 09:16. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
Old 26th February 2018, 16:41   #56
BHPian

For a layman, what does the CR-V offer more than the XUV5OO W10 AT AWD ? I was discussing this with a friend, and he only said that the CR-V will be costiler to maintain than the XUV5OO. I had to agree with him here.

With the 170hp version, Mahindra will have a powerful 7-seater SUV with a huge fan-following already built. I do not see how CR-V and Tucson are going to compete with the Jeep Compass and XUV5OO if the pricing of these SUV's is steeper than say 10-15% as compared to XUV or Compass.
Maddy3008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 17:15   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy3008 View Post
For a layman, what does the CR-V offer more than the XUV5OO W10 AT AWD ? I was discussing this with a friend, and he only said that the CR-V will be costiler to maintain than the XUV5OO. I had to agree with him here.

With the 170hp version, Mahindra will have a powerful 7-seater SUV with a huge fan-following already built. I do not see how CR-V and Tucson are going to compete with the Jeep Compass and XUV5OO if the pricing of these SUV's is steeper than say 10-15% as compared to XUV or Compass.
One look at the CR-V in the flesh should change your mind.

Whilst the XUV is a damn good product, the sheer build quality and overall finish of the CR-V, would be enough to convince anyone why the CR-V commands a premium.

The interior for starters is a proper step up from the old CR-V, and the ride / handling of the Honda will be far more accomplished than a XUV.

In my opinion, it's a waste of time comparing two cars where the price difference is 15 lakh!

It's like saying that the Range Rover Vogue is a waste of money when you can buy a Volvo XC90 for less than half the price.
suhaas307 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 17:05   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
One look at the CR-V in the flesh should change your mind.

Whilst the XUV is a damn good product, the sheer build quality and overall finish of the CR-V, would be enough to convince anyone why the CR-V commands a premium.

The interior for starters is a proper step up from the old CR-V, and the ride / handling of the Honda will be far more accomplished than a XUV.

In my opinion, it's a waste of time comparing two cars where the price difference is 15 lakh!

It's like saying that the Range Rover Vogue is a waste of money when you can buy a Volvo XC90 for less than half the price.
I agree with you Suhas as an enthusiast ! We do care about the finer points of the vehicle which the common man won't. I believe that price is what we pay, value is what we get. My opinion on the pricing of CR-V is from that standpoint. The Indian market has already voted with its wallet, where the VFM offerings like XUV and Compass are selling well, whereas Tucson is struggling. I agree Hexa is an anomaly here (probably because automobiles need both the product AND the service to be good before people can trust a brand).

I also believe that ultimately all of product strategy boils down to pricing, and that pricing will be the key for success of Honda's next few products. This is an effort to try and understand whether this time Honda will position the CR-V as a more utalitarian product than a hedonistic one to garner volumes. CR-V is a terrific product and I really want the SUV market to mature in the 18-25 lakh space. Interesting times ahead
Maddy3008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 17:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Honda Cars India has opened the official homepage of the 2018 CR-V.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/AllNewCRV/

And now that page is gone Another delay?
Old 27th February 2018, 22:23   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
And now that page is gone Another delay?
For a moment, I was wondering if this could be a technique to gauge interest at different price points before launch.

But no, only this link is broken.
You can still see CRV in their product catalogue from Honda India's Home Page.

Last edited by arit.mondal : 27th February 2018 at 22:39.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks