Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2018, 22:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
You can still see CRV in their product catalogue from Honda India's Home Page.
That CRV is the current one and not the upcoming one.
Old 27th February 2018, 23:21   #62
BHPian

re: The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
That CRV is the current one and not the upcoming one.
Yeah right, this doesn't list the 1.6 Diesel variant.
But then, could it be a hack to gauge interest?
Old 3rd March 2018, 18:33   #63
BHPian

Received Autocar India’s March issue yesterday.

Came across this news on page 22 which says that the new CR-V might come with the 1.6 i - dtec, but in a detuned version which produces only 120 HP. Quoting Autocar:

Quote:
In an effort to offer an attractive sticker price, Honda may only launch a lower powered version. While the CRV is powered by a 160 hp version of the 1.6 Earth dreams diesel in markets like Thailand, we could be getting the 120 hp version that’s currently sold in Phillipines. The former has two turbo chargers, one for low speed and another larger one for higher engine speeds; the 120 hp version, however, uses only a single turbo, making it more affordable.

Sincerely hoping the Indian market gets the 120 hp version. Cars like the XUV, which are 15 lakhs cheaper that the CRV, produce 140 hp. 120 hp will be too low for a CRV considering the fact that the i - Vtec 1.5 which powers the City produces the same 120 hp. Being the ex owner of the 2013 CRV i - V Vtec, this news is utterly disappointing.

Prathik

Last edited by Prathiiik : 3rd March 2018 at 18:37.
Old 3rd March 2018, 18:38   #64
BHPian

My brother is in USA, and he just bought this car last week. He got the 1.5 turbo petrol, EX variant. He says the car is amazingly practical and good to drive.. he is a safe sedate driver though.
Old 6th March 2018, 10:00   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
And now that page is gone Another delay?
It's back online. They have added a link to the Auto Expo unveil on the bottom left of the top frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Sincerely hoping the Indian market gets the 120 hp version. Cars like the XUV, which are 15 lakhs cheaper that the CRV, produce 140 hp. 120 hp will be too low for a CRV considering the fact that the i - Vtec 1.5 which powers the City produces the same 120 hp. Being the ex owner of the 2013 CRV i - V Vtec, this news is utterly disappointing.
You mean the 160HP variants?

Yes, I am getting indications of the same, too.

However, it may be that Honda will introduce both versions of the 1.6L i-DTEC - the 120HP/300Nm version at a more affordable sticker price, while the 160HP/350Nm version might come at a premium. The latter is the more fitting competitor to the Jeep Compass (specs-wise), and Honda knows this.

They are betting big on the CR-V (7 seats, diesel, excellent driveability, etc.) so they won't shoot themselves in the foot by going the sole-120HP way.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 14:05   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Received Autocar India’s March issue yesterday.

Came across this news on page 22 which says that the new CR-V might come with the 1.6 i - dtec, but in a detuned version which produces only 120 HP. Quoting Autocar:
That article also mentions that the CRV is coming "sometime next year" Earlier reports suggested a mid 2018 launch. Pushing it to 2019 is ridiculous, I am eager to replace my Fortuner with it but don't think i'll wait till 2019!!
Old 6th March 2018, 15:35   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
You mean the 160HP variants?

Yes, I am getting indications of the same, too..

..They are betting big on the CR-V (7 seats, diesel, excellent driveability, etc.) so they won't shoot themselves in the foot by going the sole-120HP way.

Yes, my bad, that was supposed to be 160 hp.

I think the 120 hp version would be very good strategy to increase sales if it is priced competitively, around the price of the Compass. A 7 seater SUV at the price range of the compass would increase sales significantly and also cannibalize the sales of the Compass.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th March 2018 at 00:25. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 17:49   #68
BHPian

India-bound Honda CR-V to get 120hp diesel engine

https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...cid=spartanntp
Ehsank78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 17:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post

Come on Honda, CRV deserves more power. The car will run just fine with 3-4 people on-board in city but will struggle big time when loaded with 7 people and luggage. If 120 HP, Honda for sure is going to price it in Tuscon/Tiguan territory.
Old 7th March 2018, 04:41   #70
BHPian

I wish all manufacturers to bring in features like Adaptive Cruise control, lane watch and Blind spot assist in vehicles costing more than 20 lakhs.

Honda please bring CRV with 160bhp diesel and price it 20-25 lakhs (so that in 2023 I can buy a pre-worshipped one for less than 15L)
Old 8th March 2018, 18:50   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsank78 View Post

Whats wrong with Honda?

Honda either launches ‘dead on arrival’ products like Mobilio or launches good product like Accord/CR-V with either absurd pricetag or some unrealistic specs.
I mean seriously! Whats the point in having a 30~ lakhs SUV with 120BHP on tap? The humble jazz which is a 10 Lakhs car has 100BHP. CR-V need atleast 160BHP for the size and bulk it carries. People at Honda surely need some management lessons so bring relevant products with proper specifications and power!
All I can say is, Good luck Honda!
Old 9th March 2018, 08:14   #72
BHPian

I was eagerly looking forward to the CRV. However 120bhp is disappointing and takes it straight out of my list at-least.

What about the petrol variants? There is not much news about it. Fact is I am more keen on the petrol, what I do look forward to is a 7 seater. Am now on a corolla petrol (2006), don't want to go down on the pickup and drive ability compared to where I am.
Old 9th March 2018, 08:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
I was eagerly looking forward to the CRV. However 120bhp is disappointing and takes it straight out of my list.
Exactly, I am currently driving a Skoda Rapid with 105bhp and 250nm torque.
With just 120hp, CRV goes off my list of probable upgrades.
Old 9th March 2018, 11:40   #74
Senior - BHPian

Whether we get the 120bhp or 160bhp, Only Honda will be knowing it.

But, the basic thing I know is that AWD is offered in 160bhp guise while 2WD is 120bhp. Another thing to note is that Honda is producing only the 120bhp engine here. That's what I had read when they announced it sometime in July 2017.

This may be the reason why we may see 120bhp version being offered here over the 160bhp one.

Honda should offer both engines and let the customer choose which they want.

120bhp with 6 Speed Manual & 160bhp with 9 Speed ZF Automatic won't be a bad thing. People are ready to pay if the car offers extra for the asking price. One thing Honda should keep in mind is price. Rumours are that to keep price in check, they may launch only the Single Turbo Engine. While it's acceptable, at launch if this is priced above 20 lakhs, then Honda will have to pack up this car just like their Mobilio.

I hope they take Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tuscon as example. Both are 160bhp +, and also have very good engine powering them. Pricing in similar range will help them. Honda should aim at those rather then Fortuner & Endeavour or even Tiguan & Kodiaq.

Let's wait & watch. If priced and packaged well, I may get one soon after launch.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2018, 00:33   #75
BHPian

Serious Question to the Gurus who follow this thread.

Honda CRV sales in the US is approx 360,000 units per year.
Honda CRV sales in China is approx 180,000 units per year.

Why is Honda India even going to be bothered with our market when it doesn't even register 100 units per month.
Why should Honda India even care if we buy this vehicle since we are not buying the CR-V in such numbers to make a difference to their bottom line.

No disrespect intended to present owners or future owners since I bought a CRV in 2004 & it was the best car I have ever owned till I unfortunately sold it.
A mistake I can never ever forgive myself for.

Honda CR-V USA Sales
Honda CR-V China Sales
Closed Thread

Most Viewed