Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2019, 16:28   #331
BHPian

Re: The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The pearl white color is just great, The CVT does a great job at keeping the revs below 3000rpm at most times. One has to really floor it to get past that mark which will help in the FE significantly
Hows the CRV doing Sahil ? Happy with it / any complaints ?
Old 5th January 2019, 02:25   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Hows the CRV doing Sahil ? Happy with it / any complaints ?
No complaints, infact appreciating it more each day! Just finished the first service and the car is now returning close to 8kmpl!

I was sketpical about the boot space not being adequate compared to our Fortuner but on a recent airport run I was pleasantly surprised on how much it packed in. Although the boot is smaller than the Fortuner it’s shaped well to swallow in more luggage. This is thanks to the absence of any last row folding up like the Fortuner.

I got the carpet mats+ pillow combo from the Honda dealer and they look great.

Not much else to report, the ride quality is yet smooth and the engine seems to have freed up now. Engine feels a bit more eager and peppy albeit it is underpowered.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 22:59   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
No complaints, infact appreciating it more each day!
Thats good to hear. i love my CRV too. No Nonsense. Only thing i miss is a good HU with apple car play and navigation. if i change my HU it looses the features wherein i can change the display on the small screen so refraining from changing. Sad
Old 14th February 2019, 18:38   #334
BHPian

Received on WhatsApp.
Assuming it is for the 4WD version.

“Honda CRV Diesel 2018 has 1.25 lakh discount.”

Just been updated by my friend who recently bought his Honda City. The sales assistant who helped him with his purchase messaged him about the discount on the CRV.
Interested members may pm me for contact details of the sales assistant. It is a lady SA so don’t wish to share her contact details on an open forum.

Last edited by Ithaca : 14th February 2019 at 18:47.
Old 14th February 2019, 18:58   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Received on WhatsApp.
Assuming it is for the 4WD version.

“Honda CRV Diesel 2018 has 1.25 lakh discount.”
Inevitable. I have seen only 1 on BLR roads since launch, and that too noticed it because of my Bangkok trips. For the average person, it looks like a puffed up WRV+BRV.

Personally, I like the snazzy looks and especially the rear tail-lights!

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th February 2019 at 19:03.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 14:07   #336
BHPian

Friends,
Do we have any plans for unbiased review of CR-V from the best review team in the world?
Old 27th February 2019, 14:54   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda CR-V achieves top ratings in 2019 EURO NCAP tests,

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-2.png

Name:  1.png
Views: 3040
Size:  130.0 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th February 2019 at 14:57.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 15:25   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
For the average person, it looks like a puffed up WRV+BRV.
Absolutely spot on! I happened to see one on road yesterday and it resembled the WRV. Not just the rear, but the front also resembles. The headlamp design, the bonnet design and inclination all hint towards a WRV. The car also masks its size pretty well and that add to the WRV feeling.
Old 27th February 2019, 16:09   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda CR-V achieves top ratings in 2019 EURO NCAP tests,
This is great news, I won't think twice before picking the CRV for highway runs now.
While these ratings are good, the 93% occupant safety was what the previous gen CRV also had. They have improved in all other aspects such as child safety, pedestrian etc.

For adult occupant safety the 2019 CRV is 3% safer than the tough tank 2019 G63 AMG

Last edited by Sahil : 27th February 2019 at 16:19.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 20:44   #340
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I need a suggestion between CRV petrol or diesel 2WD. I own a Jeep compass Limited Option just a year old but currently I am suffering from a slip disc condition and now I am looking forward towards an automatic model.

Tucson and Tiguan did not fascinate a lot. Fortuner and Endeavor are too big SUV’s. Kodiaq is good but overpriced. So now the option is either to stick again to Jeep Automatic Plus or either a CRV.

Hence I need a suggestion of which one to look for. Key pointers:

CRV Petrol – It is Price friendly compared to Diesel and has key engine start option but it is 5-seater and no paddle shifts

CRV Diesel – It is 7 Seater and has paddle shifts but low head clearance at second row and price tag over by 3 lacs.

Your views please.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd March 2019 at 21:21. Reason: Spacing.
Old 2nd March 2019, 22:20   #341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post

CRV Petrol – It is Price friendly compared to Diesel and has key engine start option but it is 5-seater and no paddle shifts

CRV Diesel – It is 7 Seater and has paddle shifts but low head clearance at second row and price tag over by 3 lacs.

Your views please.
If your running is not much, the petrol is the sensible option. The diesel is good but not worth the price if your running isn't high. Both are above average in performance and don't match the Tiguan and Tucson but I too would pick the CR-V between these 3 (Tucson, Tiguan, CR-V). The Kodiaq is well above 40L now.

The CR-V petrol has one big miss which would is unexplainable which is the paddle shifts. When the JAzz, City, Civic can have it why not the most premium CR-V?? Honda?

I would have also liked electric adjust passenger seat.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 22:37   #342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Ignore the 7 seater bit. I checked the CRV diesel at the dealership. The 3rd row is pretty much unusable. It's not just about the low seating position - even getting to the third row requires a certain minimum level of fitness.
SmartCat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 11:15   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Ignore the 7 seater bit. I checked the CRV diesel at the dealership. The 3rd row is pretty much unusable. It's not just about the low seating position - even getting to the third row requires a certain minimum level of fitness.

Completely agree. Checked the CRv diesel yesterday. The last row is a joke. Absolutely useless. Additionally if you want it get into the last row, you will literally have to crawl through. If you want to use it, use it as a 5 sweater. But then almost 35L for the Petrol version is in the X1, Q3 territory. Why bother then?
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 12:50   #344
BHPian

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
But then almost 35L for the Petrol version is in the X1, Q3 territory. Why bother then?

Well buying the luxury Germans isn't the bigger problem here, but maintaining it is 😄
With Honda the overall maintenance cost would be a lot lesser and apparently the reliability will also be of a higher order. That's the market the CRV wants to cater to.
Waspune is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 15:07   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Well buying the luxury Germans isn't the bigger problem here, but maintaining it is 😄
With Honda the overall maintenance cost would be a lot lesser and apparently the reliability will also be of a higher order. That's the market the CRV wants to cater to.

I own an X1 and haven't faced any issues so far touch wood! Maintenance is also not so much as made to be. I have completed 3 services and the maximum I spent for a service was 20K. The amount spent in my last service on my Ertiga was also 21K 😁
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks