Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2019, 17:00   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
But then almost 35L for the Petrol version is in the X1, Q3 territory. Why bother then?
Quote:
I own an X1 and haven't faced any issues so far touch wood!
Currently I own a Jeep compass and X1/Q3 somewhere lies in the same bracket but of course with a high brand value. I am now looking for a more spacious executive SUV but not Fortuner and Endeavor. I am not commenting on the practicality of X1 or Q3 since they are good options. I am also getting a very good deal on Q3 from the dealer. German care are really good and I can vouch that with my Octavia (ofcourse with a czech flavor).

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 3rd March 2019 at 17:05.
Old 3rd March 2019, 18:47   #347
BHPian

Quote:
But then almost 35L for the Petrol version is in the X1, Q3 territory. Why bother then?
Some people might. There are people who want reliable luxury cars, and there are people who want to fly under the radar, so to speak.

Quote:
I own an X1 and haven't faced any issues so far touch wood! Maintenance is also not so much as made to be. I have completed 3 services and the maximum I spent for a service was 20K. The amount spent in my last service on my Ertiga was also 21K 😁
I envy you. Niggling issues on our Merc E250 CDI (W212) ensure it visits the service centre more often than we'd like. Don't even get me started on regular service costs. (Yes we have the maintenance pack; highly recommended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Well buying the luxury Germans isn't the bigger problem here, but maintaining it is 😄
With Honda the overall maintenance cost would be a lot lesser and apparently the reliability will also be of a higher order. That's the market the CRV wants to cater to.
Agreed. We might downgrade to a CRV or a Camry after a couple of years as we believe they will be more hassle-free to own; waiting for ownership experiences of other BHPians to confirm this .

A family member recently purchased a City, and while we were at it, my dad casually checked out a CRV in the showroom. Ticks all the right boxes. We did not test-drive the car. Outright performance is inadequate on paper at least, but my parents (primary users of the car) are senior citizens and don't care about outright performance. And we're never going to use the 3rd row seats anyway.
voldemort is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 16:39   #348
BHPian

Is there an official TBHP review for the new CRV underway? Eagerly waiting for it since long
Old 7th March 2019, 23:20   #349
Senior - BHPian

As per suggestion by a fellow bhpian, I went today for just a casual visit to Audi showroom for Q3 and BMW for X1. I was sure of getting away with my Jeep compass and buying a Honda CRV, but came out booking a Audi Q3 TFSI
Hope I have made a wise decision.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 7th March 2019 at 23:21.
Old 8th March 2019, 08:30   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
As per suggestion by a fellow bhpian, I went today for just a casual visit to Audi showroom for Q3 and BMW for X1. I was sure of getting away with my Jeep compass and buying a Honda CRV, but came out booking a Audi Q3 TFSI
Hope I have made a wise decision.

Interesting change - can you share why did you give away the jeep which must not be so old & why the CRV over jeep? The Q3 which is the out going model must have good offers but was in on par with CRV still ?

Mod Note: Our Honda CR-V Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 13th March 2019 at 14:07. Reason: Adding link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks