Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2018, 22:03   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Honda seems to have neglected the Petrol variant production. Allocations are a big issue. Diesel variants are available with dealers but several people have opted for petrol but no inventory coming in.

Think they expected people to only buy diesel and it to fly off the shelves . However 120 BHP and overpricing will keep people away.

2.0 I think they will give you the delivery this month or next. Another friend is getting his 2.0 around 15th of this month .
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 23:20   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
[*]Sunroof - I am an absolute sucker for sunroofs in vehicles. The panoramic sunroof really brightened up the interiors.
It can reduce the effectiveness of the A/C as I discovered on a recent road trip in my Honda City, I wanted to get the airy feel so retracted the plastic cover of the sunroof to let the light in, and noticed the A/C cooling started to suffer and had to slide it back to cover the sunroof.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 5th November 2018 at 23:22.
Old 16th November 2018, 19:12   #318
Senior - BHPian

Saw one in white today on the road for the first time and I must say the car had absolutely no road presence at all. It looked like a jacked up BRV to me initially. On coming parallel to it , it did have the length but the height and width looked average, maybe even below average.
Anyhow, people buying this are not doing it for road presence anyway.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 15:41   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Got my pearl white petrol CRV delivered on Tuesday !

The petrol CVT is extremely smooth, combined with the superb suspension it’s exactly what we needed. My father that uses a W222 S-class daily feels the CRV suspension is at par and better in some conditions too! Our car is going to be 95% chauffeur driven within Mumbai city so Comfort and smoothness are top priority. However, the car is underpowered and the CVT doesn’t help that either, I was impressed with how negligible the rubber band effect is.

If someone has regular highway runs they are better of with the diesel as the petrol will be frustrating when quick overtaking is required at high speeds.

The auto hold function works really well, boon in traffic.

Some differences with the diesel(besides obvious ones like the absence of last two and standard gear level)- the headroom at the back is noticeably better. The annoying rear seat recline adjustment with a string is not there in the petrol, instead there is a nicely flushed in lever on top near the head rest. The rear parcel tray rectacts easily for luggage loading.
Sahil is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 14:38   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Got my pearl white petrol CRV delivered on Tuesday !

Nice. Congratulations Sahil. Please share some interior / exterior pictures.

What did it cost on road ? Did you get the front parking sensors and spoiler installed ? Think they are added costs as accessories.

I had driven previous gen 2.0 it was underpowered but subtle steady drive. 2.4 is punchy which i enjoy driving.

Diesel i have driven but its not punchy either its linear but it takes forever to reach 120 Km / Hr. I was mighty disappointed but as a chauffeur driven it seems better to buy and use the diesel.
Old 4th December 2018, 09:42   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Nice. Congratulations Sahil. Please share some interior / exterior pictures.

What did it cost on road ? Did you get the front parking sensors and spoiler installed ? Think they are added costs as accessories.

I had driven previous gen 2.0 it was underpowered but subtle steady drive. 2.4 is punchy which i enjoy driving.

Diesel i have driven but its not punchy either its linear but it takes forever to reach 120 Km / Hr. I was mighty disappointed but as a chauffeur driven it seems better to buy and use the diesel.
Thanks! Will post more pics later this week.

OTR was 33L

There is no spoiler on offer, don’t think it requires one either. The front parking sensor costs 10k and apparently doesn’t integrate into the display screen. Decided not to opt for it as it will look quite aftermarket.

Only accessory I’m opting for are the CRV carpet mats, the car was delivered with just basic rubber aftermarket mats that costs 300₹.
Don’t get why even on a car this exp, Honda can’t give mats standard!

Also, beg to differ on your view that the diesel is the better option as a chauffeur driven car. The petrol wins hands down! The NVH in the petrol is far better than the diesel. Power deliver is linear and silky smooth so even the worst driver won’t make the drive feel jerky whereas in the diesel the turbo charger does give some torque surge. In addition the CVT ensure the transmission is absolutely seamless.
Lastly, the petrol has more boot space thanks to the absence of the last row that eats into luggage space even when folded down. The boot is anyway not that large compared to the likes of the Fortuner etc hence with the last row folded it will fit as many bags as a large sedan only.
Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 16:00   #322
BHPian

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs

Quote:
Thanks! Will post more pics later this week.

OTR was 33L

There is no spoiler on offer, don’t think it requires one either. The front parking sensor costs 10k and apparently doesn’t integrate into the display screen. Decided not to opt for it as it will look quite aftermarket.

Only accessory I’m opting for are the CRV carpet mats, the car was delivered with just basic rubber aftermarket mats that costs 300₹.

Also, beg to differ on your view that the diesel is the better option as a chauffeur driven car. The petrol wins hands down! The NVH in the petrol is far better than the diesel..

Surprising as my crv had come with the original Honda CR-V rubber mats which costed about 3000 and are still running strong , basically made in Japan.

In 2015 the 2.0 was 26 on road so a bump up of 9 lacs. Crazy I had got my 2.4 without discount for 28.

I meant from a point of fuel costs plus extra mileage of the diesel etc for driver driven car. Since in Mumbai we still have a price difference between petrol and diesel of 10 bucks .

Last edited by M00M : 4th December 2018 at 16:08.
Old 4th December 2018, 19:41   #323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase. I believe all Japs are like this, no Mats with Fortuner/ Innova or even LC200. Though, most of the time, Dealerships will give complimentary or sell as a part of the package in case the model is new.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 20:46   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats on your purchase. I believe all Japs are like this, no Mats with Fortuner/ Innova or even LC200. Though, most of the time, Dealerships will give complimentary or sell as a part of the package in case the model is new.
True. Even our Lexus ES300 didn’t come with mats and I paid 15k for them coz they felt so fluffy to keep my feet on
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 01:14   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some pics. Colours are a bit off due to the lighting in my garage.
The pearl white color is just great, have a look at the ORVM pic to see the pearl effect. It’s hard to capture it in pics and looks way better in real.
Michelin Primacy do a great job in enhancing the cushioned ride, glad Honda provides this tyre on a CKD car which is rare.
FE on the Odo meter is currenting showing 6kmpl, however I think the car will deliver 7kmpl on the first tank and eventually could settle at 8kmpl which is meets my expectations. The CVT does a great job at keeping the revs below 3000rpm at most times. One has to really floor it to get past that mark which will help in the FE significantly
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-3f7fa7b765f8485fa7ad9c1e39007f72.jpeg  

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-ac87a6a8ae114b39bc30e33153ff3004.jpeg  

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-fdbbeb5c59d24dea823f72173144299f.jpeg  

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-e619bfa19f754cbb894509b3d31c15af.jpeg  

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-df55bccd29774875961f03f328219c4b.jpeg  

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-632c655bbe4c40de8ae176a50b0ba0b8.jpeg  

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-4aee4a739ea64055b5dfbb4b6625dae8.jpeg  

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-22cbde60a66c42d2af3923c804be7a02.jpeg  

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-4d195631881d43e092290fa89e92b704.jpeg  

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-d9cfcd89ea164cb4ac6556b52bbed472.jpeg  

The Honda CR-V, now launched at Rs 28.15 lakhs-cf219fa60b6549058ef30f48a5914fc8.jpeg  

Last edited by Sahil : 5th December 2018 at 01:25.
Sahil is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 09:26   #326
BHPian

Quote:
FE on the Odo meter is currenting showing 6kmpl, however I think the car will deliver 7kmpl on the first tank and eventually could settle at 8kmpl which is meets my expectations. y

6.-7 is what you will get in Mumbai traffic. Not more . On the highway expect 10-11.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 09:19   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
6.-7 is what you will get in Mumbai traffic. Not more . On the highway expect 10-11.
First tank has given close to 7kmpl. I think this could settle between 7-8kmpl after full break in. The CVT does ensure the revs stay under 3000rpm at most times. I find the engine opening up a bit now and becoming slightly more rev happy.

I’ve changed the horn to a German sounding Hella one which I bought online. The Honda horn was horrible.
Looking for magnetic sun blinds and OE carpet mats but both are hard to find at this point as the car is a brand new launch.

One thing I wish they had done to the interior is provide ambient lighting.

Last edited by Sahil : 8th December 2018 at 09:20.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 09:27   #328
BHPian

Quote:
First tank has given close to 7kmpl. I think this could settle between 7-8kmpl after full break in. The CVT does ensure the revs stay under 3000rpm at most times. I find the engine opening up a bit now and becoming slightly more rev happy.

I’ve changed the horn to a German sounding Hella one which I bought online. The Honda horn was horrible.
Looking for magnetic sun blinds and OE carpet mats but both are hard to find at this point as the car is a brand new launch.

One thing I wish they had done to the interior is provide ambient lighting.
Honda horn is indeed terrible. It’s shocking that my brio has a better horn than my crv. Which horn did you get ? I am thinking of changing mine as well.

The thing I’ve seen with my crv was that it rose intially the fuel efficiency but had now settled down about 5-7 in city bumper to bumper traffic and I regularly get about 10 on the highway but if I drive with cruise control on and sedate around 80-90 then it shoots up to 13.

Tell Honda to give you OE carpet mats they will source it from Japan or Thailand as I ordered both carpet and rubber and both are solid quality, I end up using rubber more as they really are very premium and very good.

The magnetic sun blind is hard to find. Please don’t order one online as most of the ones don’t fit. I bought one from a shop at Opera House but still it doesn’t fit properly and the rear quarter glass shade is also not fitting. I got it changed 3 times but still they don’t have the right measurements to make them.

Last edited by M00M : 8th December 2018 at 09:29.
Old 8th December 2018, 09:56   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which horn did you get ? I am thinking of changing mine as well.

Tell Honda to give you OE carpet mats they will source it from Japan or Thailand

The magnetic sun blind is hard to find. Please don’t order one online as most of the ones don’t fit. .
Here is the horn I got: https://www.amazon.in/Hella-00772888.../dp/B00KNV2T5K
Sounds great and pretty damn loud. No need for an extra relay. Price was nearly half on amazon Diwali sale when I bought it however it’s yet worth it at its current price too.

Mats are on back order by the dealer, they don’t have rubber ones only carpet ones for new CRV. I had told the dealer to get mine but he has got the 7 seater version by mistake instead. The accessories list has diff mats for 5 seater and 7 seater. Both of which have to be bought as a kit along with a twin pillow set. They cost 7k and 8k respectively.

Ordered magnetic blinds on amazon which had it a pic of the new CRV and specifically mentioned 2017-18 model but turned out to the the wrong size
Going to try and get it from a local shop itself

Last edited by Sahil : 8th December 2018 at 09:58.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 11:28   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the horn I got: https://www.amazon.in/Hella-00772888.../dp/B00KNV2T5K
Sounds great and pretty damn loud. No need for an extra relay. Price was nearly half on amazon Diwali sale when I bought it however it's yet worth it at its current price too.

Mats are on back order by the dealer, they don't have rubber ones only carpet ones for new CRV. I had told the dealer to get mine but he has got the 7 seater version by mistake instead. The accessories list has diff mats for 5 seater and 7 seater. Both of which have to be bought as a kit along with a twin pillow set. They cost 7k and 8k respectively.

Ordered magnetic blinds on amazon which had it a pic of the new CRV and specifically mentioned 2017-18 model but turned out to the the wrong size
Going to try and get it from a local shop itself

Thanks I will check it out.

The pillow set and all combined is a money making scheme. The accessories given in that are all local and not OEM quality. So if mats are those make then they are not original Honda .

If you want I can post pictures of my mats which are Japan made and still look strong after 3 years of use.
You can get an idea of how they look.

Will check out the horn. The sun blind no one will have because they don't have the measurements of the crv. Please test it before you pay money. I made the mistake and now repent it.

I genuinely love the crv it's the best all round product. Only thing I wish Honda did was introduce a hybrid or electric version soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed