Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2018, 11:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

From March 2018, all Hyundai cars to come with a dustbin

Hyundai has launched 'Swachh Can' - a portable dustbin for all its cars. From March 1, 2018, all new Hyundai cars will be equipped with factory-fitted Swachh Cans.

From March 2018, all Hyundai cars to come with a dustbin-swachh-can1.jpg

The initiative is part of 'Swachh Move' - Hyundai's new corporate social responsibility (CSR) pillar for India, which has been launched in support of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. The company claims that according to a survey conducted, 98% respondents cared about cleanliness of infrastructure and more than 95% were in favour of a portable dustbin for cars. Hence, it decided to build one and offer it as a standard feature in its cars.

Swachh Can will be promoted through distribution in all Hyundai dealerships and service workshops.

From March 2018, all Hyundai cars to come with a dustbin-swachh-can2.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 11:45   #2
BHPian

re: From March 2018, all Hyundai cars to come with a dustbin

Brilliant move.

Considering it will be factory fitted by Hyundai, I expect it to be well integrated into the cars.

Should hopefully lead to less people throwing garbage out of the car windows.
kadanaJ is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From March 1, 2018, all new Hyundai cars will be equipped with factory-fitted Swachh Cans.
This is a genius strategy by Hyundai, to bring in the 'DESI' touch to their Korean cars!!

The one thing I just love about Hyundai is their car facelifts. They almost always pioneer at least one new feature into their updated model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Brilliant move.

Though I would love to see that happen kadanaJ, I seriously have my own doubts.
Many (if no most) of the public places in Bangalore now have dustbins placed at accessible corners, with big legible instructions on the waste disposal. And yet, some idiots always dispose waste all around it. Heck, just yesterday, I even saw a young man just drop the disposal water bottle of the window of his Passat, right in the middle of the road.

Modi's view and Hyundai's effort can just about only do so much. It's the people who have to really understand the need for cleanliness.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to Hyundai India for taking the lead. I'm sure this will help parents encourage good habits in their kids at a very young age

For non Hyundai owners : these dustbins are available on Amazon India for ~ ₹ 200. AliExpress has wider range of colorful bins, FYI

Hyundai dust bin in XUV

From March 2018, all Hyundai cars to come with a dustbin-img_20180212_115019.jpg

Image credits : BHPian Bunny Punia on Twitter
Klub Class is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully this does not increase the price of the car

I use a similar one for my car, and it works pretty well and can be kept in the numerous bottle holders or under the hand brake (this is where I keep). And it really helps in keeping the car clean of papers, wrappers, toll receipts etc.

Link: https://www.amazon.in/Generic-unbran...inhydr18418-21
arvind71181 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:12   #6
BHPian

It's nice to see a car manufacturer taking such initiatives, other should also follow Hyundai & make the dustbin a standard feature. We Indians tend to throw car garbage from the windows onto the road quite often. In today's TOI there was an advertisement for the new Hyundai i20, where the inclusion of the dustbin was properly highlighted.

Note the claim made by Hyundai of being 1st in Industry:

From March 2018, all Hyundai cars to come with a dustbin-image.ashx.png

photo credit: The Times of India

Last edited by chiranjitp : 12th February 2018 at 12:25.
chiranjitp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:17   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

It is important that the dustbin be Indianized. It should be able to take in empty bags of chips/biscuits, gum and pan masala wrappers, cigarette stubs as well as PET bottles. The std cup holder sized thing while good for tom tomming will not be of much much real world practical use.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:29   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice idea. Hope it is a decent well integrated one and not a namesake one for publicity.

I think currently only the Skoda Kodiaq comes with a dustbin integrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Hope this happens. But this is more about a mind set change. Even without a dedicated dustbin, there is no need to throw out stuff. A cover or box placed in the car should be sufficient. But most people take the easy way out and just throw stuff out.

In my case, It is well established rule that nothing gets thrown out. Took some time for extended family members who travel in my car to understand. But now everyone knows.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:44   #9
Team-BHP Support

Talk about some extremely smart PR!

While there are umpteen options to store trash in the car, rarely would people buy one. But when it readily available in the car, it will (hopefully) reduce the need for people to roll their windows down to throw trash.

An integrated waste bin in every car, regardless of price, is terrific. Well done, Hyundai. I hope they offer this as an OEM accessory in every dealership as well.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 16:47   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I like the idea but frankly, it's not really very integrated. The placement too is not to my liking as I already keep other stuff there. I like Skoda's idea better which also allows disposable plastic (or even paper) bags.

http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2...ja061107--wc4x
Attached Thumbnails
From March 2018, all Hyundai cars to come with a dustbin-screenshot_20180212164818.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th February 2018 at 16:49. Reason: URL
itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 19:19   #11
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th February 2018 at 09:59.
punto_ is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th February 2018, 19:35   #12
BHPian

Nice move. Should appreciate Hyundai for taking such a step. Seen people throwing trash from luxurious cars on Bengaluru roads

Buses in many countries have dustbins, passengers are asked to throw their tickets in the trash bin after completion of their journey and not throw on the road. All RTC corporations in India should implement this.
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 23:43   #13
BHPian

I would have prefered that all hyundai cars come with ABS as standard instead of a dustbin from March .
Currently I have borrowed a cousin's i10 Grand AT (top variant) which I find to be a very nice and feature rich city car, but sadly it doesn't come with ABS!

Last edited by GTO : 13th February 2018 at 10:00. Reason: Poorly typed post
46TheDoctor is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 13th February 2018, 01:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised they did not invite the PM to inaugurate the dustbin. Stuck to the good ol brand ambassador from the Santro days. Well done Hyundai.

What I would absolutely hate taking place is a scenario of the dust bin filling up and then dumping the entire thing out the window. Now if Hyundai can educate/remind the entire family during the delivery process that there is something like this inside the car, that will prevent the odd sweet wrapper from being thrown out the window.
sandeepmohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 01:23   #15
BHPian

A nice gesture by Hyundai! This may be a minuscule effort for Hyundai but it drives a strong message. I wish these bin to be used appropriately by the people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks