Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2018, 10:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

I believe that even the previous versions came with air conditioning, I remember having put up a pic on 1 of the Gurkha threads showing how the AC Controls resemble the one in my Tata Nano.
Old 12th August 2018, 11:18   #17

re: Force Gurkha facelift with 140 BHP coming up. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 12.99 lakh

Yey, waiting for it eagerly. I actually test drove the 85bhp version (3 door) few days back (for a second time) and quite liked it. Was planning to get it but also wanted to see if the 2.2 140bhp is just rumor or really coming up. The local dealer didn't seem to have any idea about it. I even emailed Force motors about it, but no reply.

-- Update --

So I just called the Toll-Free helpline, who conformed that "Gurkha Xtreme" is their "updated model" and will be coming but they had absolutely no further details about pricing, timing etc. I was given the number of Regional Sales Manager, who confirmed that a 2.2, 140 bho version is coming, but "there is some time in it", about 3-4 months minimum and should be expected next year. No bookings are open with them for it since there is absolutely no other details about it (pricing etc).

Therefore, I believe, we can say, the model is definitely coming and we should be able to have our hands on it in 2019.
Old 12th August 2018, 13:24   #18
BHPian

Force Gurkha facelift with 140 BHP coming up

Yesterday we had gone for a movie in Pavillion Mall, Pune and there I saw the Gurkha Explorer on display. It looked sweet!
Force Gurkha facelift with 140 BHP coming up. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 12.99 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1534060418.785080.jpgForce Gurkha facelift with 140 BHP coming up. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 12.99 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1534060442.054544.jpgForce Gurkha facelift with 140 BHP coming up. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 12.99 lakh-imageuploadedbyteambhp1534060468.866756.jpg
Waspune is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 22:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

re: Force Gurkha facelift with 140 BHP coming up. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 12.99 lakh

This might not be too relevant, but will this model pass the upcoming mandatory crash-test or will they think about an update again? Cars like Gurkha and Thar are extremely rugged, but wish to know what they plan to do to make them crash worthy.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 01:17   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Yesterday we had gone for a movie in Pavillion Mall, Pune and there I saw the Gurkha Explorer on display. It looked sweet!
Attachment 1789381Attachment 1789382Attachment 1789383
This is absolute drool material for those who like old school boxy SUVs. Time to take this one seriously and start saving!
Old 13th August 2018, 05:27   #21
BHPian

OMG! A true blood G wagon for India! Droooool!

Only hope they improved the spartan interiors to match that sexy exterior!
Old 13th August 2018, 11:42   #22
BHPian

The old school charm is still drool worthy. I just hope, the minimal safety aspects are addressed. Definetely a good upgrade to my Scorpio LX, with 4WD, et all. Hope they don't disappoint like they have done, show a good looking model, but never work on it!
Old 13th August 2018, 15:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
This is absolute drool material for those who like old school boxy SUVs. Time to take this one seriously and start saving!
Exactly! The only con are the spartan (to the power spartan) interiors
Lets hope that the more powerful 'Extreme' version that comes with more power and better suspension comes with airbags and ABS as well. It will then start catering to a larger segment.

The irony here is that the Gurkha copies from Mercedes and on top of it uses its engine as well Maybe the 2 parties have some deal.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 15:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
The irony here is that the Gurkha copies from Mercedes and on top of it uses its engine as well Maybe the 2 parties have some deal.
They do have a deal. Force Motors also assembles the engines for Mercedes in India.
The Force traveller is also a copy of Mercedes van.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 13:09   #25
BHPian

The launch seems to be delayed to early 2019. Been eager to see what safety features it will carry. (2 airbags and ABS at the minimum). I will be deeply interested in this if there's a decent upgrade of safety features. Also, hope that it won't cross the 10 Lac price mark. If it does, it will be a dampener , especially after what the competition will be offering around the same time(2019). https://www.cartoq.com/140-bhp-force...oader-delayed/
Cuatro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 21:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
This is absolute drool material for those who like old school boxy SUVs.
Thought I was the only nut around who hankered for a SUV with the old school boxy look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
The old school charm is still drool worthy. I just hope, the minimal safety aspects are addressed. Definetely a good upgrade to my Scorpio LX, with 4WD, et all. Hope they don't disappoint like they have done, show a good looking model, but never work on it!
Yeah, I hope that Force don't disappoint like in the past and the new model is another damp squib. If the safety aspects are addressed,the seats are comfortable for long drives and the price is right, I am certainly a potential buyer. Pity though that the launch has been delayed to 2019.
Old 15th August 2018, 19:27   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Frankly, I think they may as well delay the launch until they have a proper product. In terms of exterior looks, I think it is a 10 on 10. Since they already integrated the Merc 2.2 CRDe with the newer Gear Box and with Solid axles and coil springs, the power train and chasis are also a 10 on 10. What is left is the abysmal interiors and zero safety features. With proper dashboard and console and 2 Air Bags & ABS, I think the Gurkha Extreme can be positioned above the the Thar CRDe.

There is no point in launching the Xtreme with the engine/gearbox and suspension upgrades with the same crappy interiors. They may as well take another couple of months and launch a good product once and for all.
4x4addict is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 21:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
.........There is no point in launching the Xtreme with the engine/gearbox and suspension upgrades with the same crappy interiors. They may as well take another couple of months and launch a good product once and for all.
I agree. In any case, the upgraded Thar, which is the direct competitor of the Gurkha Extreme, is unlikely to be launched earlier 2019.

Makes sense, therefore, to delay the launch by a few months but ensure that the product is a perfect 10 on all counts.

If the upgraded Thar retains the current exterior boxy look and has the mandated safety features, the Extreme will need tick all the boxes to be in the running.
Zezé is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 11:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezé View Post
I agree. In any case, the upgraded Thar, which is the direct competitor of the Gurkha Extreme, is unlikely to be launched earlier 2019.
If Mahindra sets a date for launch it can probably get it done around the set dates. However, we cannot say the same for Force, going by what's reported by various members on the time commitments of Force in terms of launch, delivery etc.
Old 16th August 2018, 13:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatro View Post
If Mahindra sets a date for launch it can probably get it done around the set dates. However, we cannot say the same for Force, going by what's reported by various members on the time commitments of Force in terms of launch, delivery etc.
Yes, if M&M set a target date to launch a vehicle, it will happen on or around that date, which cannot be said about Force Motors despite the Mercedes connection.

But going by the news item in CarToq that was shared yesterday by a member on another thread, it now appears that the revamped Thar will only be launched after April 2020. Unless the sub 4 meter compact SUV code named S201 is in fact the Thar.

https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-to-s...19-we-explain/

I guess if Force can get its act together, it will enjoy a first mover advantage.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks