Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2018, 12:34   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs. 12.99 lakh
I just checked Force site, details are uploaded, however information about the interiors and connectivity are not there

Also seating looks like bench seats at the rear. They could have offered front facing seats

Last edited by manson : 26th December 2018 at 15:17. Reason: Trimmed quote.
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 14:12   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Force Gurkha facelift with 140 BHP coming up. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 12.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
I just checked Force site, details are uploaded, however information about the interiors and connectivity are not there
True that. None of the brochures/leaflets say anything about the interiors, so I suspect it must be same crappy earlier dashboard/center console. However, if they do update it, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Also seating looks like bench seats at the rear. They could have offered front facing seats
Not sure of the extreme, but for the current Gurkha 3-Door, you can order with front facing 3rd row. I think about 30K more since it comes with a flip over front seat as well.

Last edited by manson : 26th December 2018 at 15:17. Reason: Typos.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 17:10   #63
BHPian

Re: Force Gurkha facelift with 140 BHP coming up. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 12.99 lakh

Its high time the marketing folks at Force Motors get some lessons on branding and product development. Internet acts as a treasure trove of information to get inspired and build a good product.

The scenario here is that you practically have one affordable player in the offroad segment and Force if they position this product appropriately, they have a good chance of being successful. Been involved with the Automotive sector for the last decade, I have never seen this lethargic approach to product launches.
diwakarmuthu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 23:05   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

There are 3 different alloy designs on the product page, which one does it actually come with? Or are all of these optional extras and it actually comes with steel rims?

Name:  one.png
Views: 4317
Size:  235.7 KB Name:  two.png
Views: 4338
Size:  281.8 KB Name:  three.png
Views: 4278
Size:  88.9 KB
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 00:28   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
The engine (OM611) was introduced by Mercedes in 1999 and withdrawn around 2008! There have been two new generations of the engine after this - OM651 (Introduced in 2009) and OM654 (Introduced in 2017). So we are using a 20 year old engine for the Gurkha!

I hope we are not starting to become a disposal yard for global manufacturers to make some last few pennies from their old platforms and engines before declaring them dead.
The OM611, like the legendary OM616 it replaces, is a true bulletproof Mercedes engine. When it was launched, there simply wasn't a common rail powerplant like it in the global market. Keep the fuel quality decent, and the motor will remain trouble free for years with low costs for spares. I'm not sure the OM651/4 can make the same claim, while providing little upside over the 611 motor.
Screwdriva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 07:10   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have never seen this lethargic approach to product launches.
For me it is a love/hate relationship with Force Motors. You are correct about them being so lethargic. I mean how much time will it take a large company to put a proper dashboard into the Gurkha? Mahindra has been able to do the same for Thar. It has a usable dashboard/IP Cluster/Center Console.

On the other hand, I am glad that this tortoise is still in the race. Cause it is the only Indian company willing to give us a proper offroader with Solid axles with Coil Springs and two diff locks. I wouldn't give too many points to that snorkel cause the water wading depth is only about the same as your average cute Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
The OM611, like the legendary OM616 it replaces, is a true bulletproof Mercedes engine.
I totally agree with you mate. When it comes to diesels, the latest engines have too much emissions related sensors and electronics to meet stringent emission norms. I would rather have an older proven diesel than get the latest engine.

Last edited by manson : 26th December 2018 at 15:16. Reason: Typos.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 10:05   #67
Senior - BHPian

Is the snorkel removable, it is an unnecessary attention magnet for normal duties or when you do not need any unwanted attention ? It needs to be in place only during monsoons or during offroading and water fording.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 10:53   #68
Senior - BHPian

So has someone seen the 140 gurkha in flesh?

I called up Chandigarh. They claim they'll get the display vehicle by 15 Jan.

Also the vehicle will have stock steel wheels and Apollo tires as stock. Non of the fancy wheels and MT tires as depicted in the pics.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 11:42   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Is the snorkel removable, it is an unnecessary attention magnet for normal duties or when you do not need any unwanted attention ? It needs to be in place only during monsoons or during offroading and water fording.
Apparently, the wading depth is only 550mm! Makes me wonder if the snorkel is a dummy. Unless the wading depth mentioned is wrong.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 16:24   #70
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
So has someone seen the 140 gurkha in flesh?

I called up Chandigarh. They claim they'll get the display vehicle by 15 Jan.

Also the vehicle will have stock steel wheels and Apollo tires as stock. Non of the fancy wheels and MT tires as depicted in the pics.

You could see one in Paonta Sahib. My cousin saw this in the showroom yesterday and got inquisitive. But it is some customer's vehicle to be delivered soon. Not sure how long will it stay there.
Old 20th December 2018, 17:34   #71
Senior - BHPian

Gurkha Expedition 4WD with 5 doors and 140BHP is what I want and it should be launched with above mentioned specifications.

5 Doors are much needed for family expedition tours of India.
Attached Images

Last edited by Parm : 20th December 2018 at 17:36.
Parm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 17:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Gurkha Expedition 4WD with 5 doors and 140BHP is what I want and it should be launched with above mentioned specifications.
Wait until 2028. They took a decade for this one.

Force is so hopeless - they’ve had this engine and tranny with them for so long and the market has been crying for a Gurkha with a more powerful engine. Instead they went from the smooth OM616 Turbo to the crude 2.6 CR, before they ruined its plain and tough look with that toothy bra in between.

The underlying platform was always capable - Force just ruined it for themselves.
Steeroid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 17:44   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Force is so hopeless - they’ve had this engine and tranny with them for so long and the market has been crying for a Gurkha with a more powerful engine. Instead they went from the smooth OM616 Turbo to the crude 2.6 CR, before they ruined its plain and tough look with that toothy bra in between.

The underlying platform was always capable - Force just ruined it for themselves.
Steeroid, I totally agree with you on what you said about FM. Attached photo is the proof how their R&D is aloof from the actual ground realities! The photo is from their website https://forcemotors.com/excellence
Attached Thumbnails
Force Gurkha facelift with 140 BHP coming up. EDIT : Now launched @ Rs. 12.99 lakh-fm-rd.png  

Old 21st December 2018, 08:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
You could see one in Paonta Sahib. My cousin saw this in the showroom yesterday and got inquisitive. But it is some customer's vehicle to be delivered soon. Not sure how long will it stay there.

I'm surprised that they have a showroom at Paonta Sahib. Could you give an address or location of the same as it's not listed anywhere.

Also they have an Xtreme for delivery? That's another surprising part as almost non of the dealers have one to display one yet and they have one for delivery already?
I'm heading to Nahan tomorrow. Might as well give it a look. Do let me know the location.
Old 21st December 2018, 11:15   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Gurkha Expedition 4WD with 5 doors and 140BHP is what I want
The 5-Door 4WD is 14 to 15 lakhs on the road depending on the state. It has a 12 meter turning radius. With the 2.2 engine, it will be nothing less that 17 lakhs on the road. At that price, I would rather buy an used Fortuner 4WD Automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

True, I can never understand their piecemeal approach. Now they got the chassis and power train sorted. But why hold back on a decent dashboard? Why not just offer a decent vehicle with safety features as an option so someone like me who will never buy a new Gurkha without ABS can pay extra and get one.

Last edited by manson : 26th December 2018 at 15:15. Reason: Typos.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks