Team-BHP - TATA Indiva specs and pics..
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   TATA Indiva specs and pics.. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19605-tata-indiva-specs-pics.html)

hello Team.

Got this as a forwad in my email.

This is new Tata Indiva MPV
Tata Indiva

Make
Tata
Model
Indiva
Engine Location
Front
Drive Type
Front Wheel
Weight
2161 lbs | 980.2 kg

Engine
Engine Configuration
S
Cylinders
Aspiration/Induction
Normal
Displacement
1405.00 cc | 85.7 cu in. | 1.4 L.
Horsepower
53.00 BHP (39 KW) @ 5000.00 RPM
Torque
63.00 Ft-Lbs (85.4 NM) @ 2500.00 RPM
HP to Weight Ratio
40.8 LB / HP ( Vehicles with similar ratio)
HP / Liter
37.9 BHP / Liter

Vehicles with similar horsepower and weight

Transmission Information
Gears
Transmission
Manual

Dimensions
Seating Capacity
Exterior
Length
144.101 in | 3660.2 mm.
Width
64.001 in | 1625.6 mm.
Height
58.501 in | 1485.9 mm.
Wheelbase
94.501 in | 2400.3 mm.
Ground Clearance
6.701 in | 170.2 mm.

Vehicles with similar dimensions

-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

is Indiva going to be launched in Inida? if so when?

The Indiva is actually a pretty old concept. Tata had first displayed it in the Y2000.

I think it was just that.....a concept. And an experiment.

but in this article
tata.com : Tata Engineering unveils its new MPV concept - The Tata Indiva
they are telling they are going to launch in Eroupe market in 2003.

Actually I've seen quite a few (~3) MPV shaped vehicles carrying the TATA badge being tested in prototype stage (complete camouflage, stickered and bandaged up) on the Expressway-Aundh Bypass road. Too bad I didnt have my cameraphone on to snap a picture.

visually they looked similar in size and dimension to the failed Mahindra-Mitsubishi MPV (I forget the name) that was introduced a couple of years back.

It was displayed at the Geneva motor show 2002. I remember reading abt it in the April 2004 issue of Overdrive. I fondly remember that issue coz it also had a full article on the 2004 R1 and the pics were so gorgeous, every free minute I had while working was spent in gazing and dreaming abt that bike :p

The Indiva like so many other Tata concepts is too far from reality.

Anyone remember that roadster / coupe Tata was supposed to make ?? I forgot the name.....

Even the Silhouette concept was ridiculous to say the least... I was completely put off by it.

Those are real lousy engine specs - may not mirror any real-world plans Tata might have

@Power, I think it was "Voyager "

The car looks good but do we really need another " Honey I shrunk the Innova" looking car

@wolfinstein: Yes that was the Voyager.

Tata's seem to smell a market in that MPV segment. Maybe they'll come up with a Innova look alike at Innova - 3Lakh price tag. VFM formula.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3r2dawh33ls (Post 337979)
Actually I've seen quite a few (~3) MPV shaped vehicles carrying the TATA badge being tested in prototype stage (complete camouflage, stickered and bandaged up) on the Expressway-Aundh Bypass road. Too bad I didnt have my cameraphone on to snap a picture.

visually they looked similar in size and dimension to the failed Mahindra-Mitsubishi MPV (I forget the name) that was introduced a couple of years back.

The Mahindra-Mitsubishi MPV about which you say is obviously the Mahindra Voyager as other T-BHPians have pointed out.

The MPV which u see testing is a MPV which Tata is contemplating to launch based on the Renault Traffic Van (previous generation, I guess) sold in Europe. Refer recent Overdrive issue for more details.

and very interesting stuff for India too...

Tata Indiva - 4Car Feature - from Channel 4
tata.com : Tata Indiva build it!
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...a/default.aspx

Tata showed many concepts earlier. Remember the Aria, a pretty looking convertible Sportcar and a huge sedan on the lines of the Honda Accord.
Nothing saw the light of the day. I guess they should spend more time, effort and money on improvising their current basket of cars or trucks, if I may say. (No offence to any owners)

Concepts are just showoff pieces to display what a manufacturer is capable of. If all Indian car concepts became production cars, we would have had the best cars in the world.

Tata has been talking of building an MPV[van] on the ace platform.Would not be suprised if it were maruti van like than being innova like.

Does anyone remember the Tata Magna Concept?

tata.com : Telco Magna launch in mid-2002

I still have a picture of it at home. will post pics in a few days

Besides everything else, I am a bit circumspect about those specs. A car so heavy and macho looking with just 53 horses on the reign?!!! Uhuh... does not sound so good mate.

need to come on the market to beat japanese mini van.interesting news.need some spypics.what about the new Indica?

is it possible to find pictures of the Telco Magna concept?does anyone have got some?