Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2018, 17:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes S-Class facelift (BS-VI) launched at Rs. 1.33 crore

Mod Note: Our S-Class Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Mercedes-Benz has launched the S-Class facelift in India. It is available in two variants - S 350d and S 450 priced at Rs. 1.33 crore and Rs. 1.37 crore (ex-showroom, India) respectively. Both the petrol and diesel versions come with BS-VI compliant engines.

Mercedes S-Class facelift (BS-VI) launched at Rs. 1.33 crore-mbcan2018ssedangallery002fedr.jpg

Mercedes has made minor changes to the exterior of the new S-Class. It gets a new grille and a set of LED headlamps with 3 bars of LED DRLs as well as a new front bumper with a wider air dam and chrome detailing. Similarly, it gets new LED tail lights and re-profiled rear bumper with integrated chrome exhausts and new design alloy wheels.

Mercedes S-Class facelift (BS-VI) launched at Rs. 1.33 crore-mbcan2018ssedangallery001fedr.jpg

Moving to the interior, ventilated seats with massage function are standard on the S-Class. The car also comes equipped with a 4-zone automatic climate control and a new 3-spoke multi-functional steering. It comes with a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment screen and full-digital instrument cluster. Mercedes has also added new leather and wood trim options to choose from. Additionally, customers can also opt for a 64-colour ambient lighting and fragrance package.

Mercedes S-Class facelift (BS-VI) launched at Rs. 1.33 crore-mbcan2018ssedangallery005fidr.jpg

The 2018 S 350d is powered by a new 3.0-litre, in-line 6-cylinder BS-VI compliant diesel engine, which replaces the old V6. It produces 282 BHP and 600 Nm of peak torque. The S 450 comes with a BS-VI compliant 3.0-litre, V6 petrol engine that delivers 362 BHP and 500 Nm of torque. Both engines come equipped with a 9-speed automatic transmission. Mercedes claims that the S 350d accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 6 seconds, while the S 450 hits 100 km/h in 5.1 seconds. Top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h.

Mercedes S-Class facelift (BS-VI) launched at Rs. 1.33 crore-mbcan2018ssedangallery006fidr.jpg

The new S-Class comes with radar-based driver assistance systems. These include Active Distance Assist which maintains a set distance to the vehicle in the front at speeds up to 210 km/h. Active Steering Assist helps keep the car in the centre of its lane both on straight roads and in the bends. In addition to that, the car also gets Active Braking Assist that automatically applies the brakes to avoid vehicles or pedestrians and Blind Spot Assist among others.

Mercedes S-Class facelift (BS-VI) launched at Rs. 1.33 crore-mbcan2018ssedangallery004fidr.jpg

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2018 at 12:53. Reason: Linking to review :)
TusharK is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 21:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Mercedes S-Class facelift (BS-VI) launched at Rs. 1.33 crore

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th February 2018 at 21:38. Reason: See note in post
meetgds is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th February 2018, 22:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

I don't think the prices are much higher than before the facelift, which is a very good thing! Also they seem to have added some nice tech, being the second company after Volvo (as far as I know) to add radar based safety systems. It won't be long now before BMW and Audi start getting them in too, but how well they work on our roads remains to be seen.

I believe they again are not offering memory and cooled/heated seats for the front. That is criminal according to me! Considering they had added it before the facelift I can't understand why they have removed it.

They also seem to have added some minor features like the fragrance dispenser, and wireless charging, etc.

The all new inline 6 diesel loses 20nm of torque compared to the V6 earlier, but is still a fair bit quicker to the ton thanks to the new 9 speed gearbox. The S450 seems to be surprisingly quick too.

Personally, I really liked the pre facelift steering wheel more than this 3 spoke one.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 23:32   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
I don't think the prices are much higher than before the facelift, which is a very good thing!
I believe they again are not offering memory and cooled/heated seats for the front. That is criminal according to me! Considering they had added it before the facelift I can't understand why they have removed it.

The all new inline 6 diesel loses 20nm of torque compared to the V6 earlier, but is still a fair bit quicker to the ton thanks to the new 9 speed gearbox. The S450 seems to be surprisingly quick too.
The W222 S-class was launched at a price of 1.07 crores 3 years ago. There is now a 25 lakh price increase! They have eased this in by increasing prices by 5-7% every year.
The outgoing model was 12 lakhs cheaper. It’s ex-showroom of the limited connoisseur edition price was 1.21 and it had the wonderful calf support, which has now been omitted! I’m sure typical S-class buyers would appreciate that more than things like a fragrance package and other tech.

I’m glad they have priced a competent Petrol version close to the diesel variant for a change. The S400 preciously was almost 15% more expensive than the S350d hence it was a flop. The S450 is barely 3% more and nearly as fast as the previous S500! Given a choice now I would pick the S450 over the S350d.

Lastly, if they don’t have memory seats in the front yet, someone should get hurt real bad

Last edited by GTO : 27th February 2018 at 09:58. Reason: typo
Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 01:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

What a beautiful car that is! Hope I will be able to afford one before gasoline cars are taken off the roads completely.

Pardon my ignorance, but these buttons on the door pad - are they only for seat ventilation settings or serve as memory seat settings as well?

Mercedes S-Class facelift (BS-VI) launched at Rs. 1.33 crore-mbcan2018ssedangallery004fidr.jpg
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 10:24   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
What a beautiful car that is! Hope I will be able to afford one before gasoline cars are taken off the roads completely.

Pardon my ignorance, but these buttons on the door pad - are they only for seat ventilation settings or serve as memory seat settings as well?

Attachment 1735977
Those buttons are for the seat memory, and ventilation/heating. On our Indian vehicles, they are blank
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 12:45   #7
BHPian

I noticed the rear seats don't have the cushion like headrests like the older one. I hope thats not true because the pillow headrests are just amazingly comfortable.
Old 27th February 2018, 12:46   #8
BHPian

An amazing car ! Worthy of the 'best car in the world' tag. Since this facelift is now available, can anyone shed some light on any available offers for the pre-facelift S Class?
It's no less of a car, and if anyone can get a good deal on it, the package becomes even sweeter.
Old 27th February 2018, 12:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

Sadly this car is still available with Beige interiors on all exterior colors except Silver on which they have a black option and there is no change in Quality of leather. 7 Series feel so rich when compared to this. Even on the Maybach that they assemble in India, there are only 2 interior options

Thankfully they have added extended thigh support on 2018 models
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes S-Class facelift (BS-VI) launched at Rs. 1.33 crore-1.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th February 2018 at 12:49.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 13:01   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Thankfully they have added extended thigh support on 2018 models
Is it? I thought only the connoisseur edition launched to clear the old stock had it. But its great news, bridges the gap between the S and the Maybach even more.

This is the only feature I truly wish I could retrofit
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed